Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 07:00:03 pm

J. Long Presser - 4pm?

Started by twistitup, October 12, 2017, 08:36:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Just curious why J. Long has not come out and talked in a more public forum about fan discontent and the details of the contract in question.

Something like a Town Hall meeting that politicians do would work well.... so all of us can be on the same page.

We need to hear from the leader - presser @ 4pm? What do you say Jeff?

Like good families do, let's talk
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tim

Quote from: twistitup on October 12, 2017, 08:36:12 am
Just curious why J. Long has not come out and talked in a more public forum about fan discontent and the details of the contract in question.

Because this isn't a banana republic.  Only a knuckle dragging, mouth breather would want Jeff Long talking right now.  He can work behind the scenes, talk to agents and get ready to pounce after the Mizzou game. 

jacobp

Because it serves absolutely no purpose to do so

twistitup

Quote from: Tim on October 12, 2017, 08:37:57 am
Because this isn't a banana republic.  Only a knuckle dragging, mouth breather would want Jeff Long talking right now.  He can work behind the scenes, talk to agents and get ready to pounce after the Mizzou game. 

Knuckle dragging?

Mouth breather?

....sounds like it's Alma Sonic time to me.

Let me warm up the truck

hoglady

Jeff Long will show 100% support for Bielema until the day Long and/or Bielema are fired.

And that's really the way it should be.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DoctorSusscrofa

Because it gives the critics free publicity, doesn't do anything to actually shut anybody up, and it misleads people into thinking average fans have any real say in the matter. The future of B.B. and the program will be determined by UA not random hysterical fans.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

GuvHog

I'm not one bit interested in hearing anything Jeff Long would have to say.

I would however, enjoy seeing the Chancellor step up to the Microphones in a press conference and say "Jeff Long's contract as University of Arkansas Athletic Director has been terminated effective immediately".
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Ranger

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 08:46:27 am
I'm not one bit interested in anything Jeff Long would have to say.

I would however, enjoy seeing the Chancellor step up to the Microphones in a press conference and say "Jeff Long's contract as University of Arkansas Athletic Director has been terminated effective immediately".

Why would that happen?

RME

DeltaBoy

Simple he is not making a change this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 08:47:45 am
Why would that happen?

Because he has destroyed the Razorback football program and is poor at hiring coaches. If Bret Bielema is fired, Long should not be the AD hiring his replacement.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 08:52:38 am
Because he has destroyed the Razorback football program and is poor at hiring coaches. If Bret Bielema is fired, Long should not be the AD hiring his replacement.

I think you've destroyed this board and are poor at posting. Can you get canned, too?

Vantage 8 dude

Something like a Town Hall meeting that politicians do would work well.... so all of us can be on the same page.

So what exactly is he supposed to say? I mean the man is most certainly aware of the general unrest and discontent of much of the fan base. That is unless he's cut off all internet, newspaper, television and other sources of news which I seriously doubt. Unless you have something specific to say or announce it serves very little purpose. That is, of course, unless he has something definitely to offer in the way of action.

island hog

Guv, it appears that you have an unhealthy fixation on Long and seem to want to bash him at every opportunity.  You may need to be on the same meds I'm on for my disdain for all things longhorn. 

hobhog

GuvHog

Quote from: island hog on October 12, 2017, 09:08:19 am
Guv, it appears that you have an unhealthy fixation on Long and seem to want to bash him at every opportunity.  You may need to be on the same meds I'm on for my disdain for all things longhorn. 

I've wanted Long gone for several years now, that's no secret. Apparently support for his removal is growing rapidly among the Hog faithful.

HotlantaHog

He can speak at the end of the season. No point now.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 08:52:38 am

Well he will be 
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 08:47:59 am
Yep. Every thread started by this guy is trash.

He's fairly stoned so what do you expect?

hogcard1964

Quote from: twistitup on October 12, 2017, 08:40:02 am

Knuckle dragging?

Mouth breather?

....sounds like it's Alma Sonic time to me.

Let me warm up the truck

Kick his as& Seabass!

King Kong

KlubhouseKonnected

What good what it do?

I can't think of any real world reason that would be in the University's best interest.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 08:41:50 am
Jeff Long will show 100% support for Bielema until the day Long and/or Bielema are fired.

And that's really the way it should be.
It's too bad he couldn't have given CBP this kind of support.

The Kig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 09:32:20 am
It's too bad he couldn't have given CBP this kind of support.

Oh gawwwdddd.... another tard with this argument.   Hasn't this horse been beaten into glue by now?  It was almost 6 years ago...time to move on. 
Poker Porker

Seebs

He may not speak until after Auburn when it is evident that the year is truly lost and the media is distracted by the number of players that are still convalescing from the butt whooping they received from Auburn and Bama.

At that point he will cry, hate it for the kids, hate it for Bret and have no choice but to make a change. then introduce the next Razorback Football coach ... From Rutgers University - Chris Ash.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

click bait title if there ever was one
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Jeff is actually playing it the right way.  Lay low.  Nothing he says will appease the fans at this point.  If you watch, his social media interactions following a loss drop way off. 

If he was 100% certain in keeping BB he might go on a posititivity spree trying to keep everyone together, saying lets keep behind coach and team etc.  At the same time no decent AD is going to be out there trashing his coach in season either.

While everyone has their own timeline of when Bret lost them, Jeff's was probably the SC game because there was no way he could continue to go to the PTB and say "This is our guy.  I have full faith in him turning this around and ending on a high note"  Instead it was the 5th loss in a row to a P5 team in carbon copy fashion of the others.  Jeff would be risking his job and credibility by rallying behind BB when he had done so time and again only to be let down.

I want him to be as quiet as hell.  It means change is coming and he is focusing his efforts on resolving the current situation and then finding the best candidate for the future.  The silence speaks volumes and if you are a fan wanting change it should be music to your ears. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Jeff needs to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on the list of phone calls he needs to make within 24 hours of the Missouri game.
This is my non-signature signature.

311Hog

at this point i would let Long go but only if it meant Guvhog had to go with him.

Grizzlyfan

Because Jeff Long is professional athletic administrator.  Not your crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner.  Please people, for the love of God, we do not Long going out and further destabilizing an already teetering situation.  Let the season play out. 

VirginiaHog

Won't happen.
Beilima is not winning. Time to move on from him. But the Arkansas Athletic Department is fine. Don't understand the Long hate. Unless people are still upset he did the right thing and fired Petrino.

sickboy

Why do you think Republicans are skipping town halls all over the country? They don't want to face their constituents in the face of the Trump tornado.

It's a smart policy not to put yourself in front of an angry mob any time you can avoid it.

twistitup

Quote from: sickboy on October 12, 2017, 12:33:17 pm
Why do you think Republicans are skipping town halls all over the country? They don't want to face their constituents in the face of the Trump tornado.

It's a smart policy not to put yourself in front of an angry mob any time you can avoid it.

Good point...

Vantage 8 dude

October 12, 2017, 01:32:44 pm #34 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:59:20 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: King Kong on October 12, 2017, 09:24:31 am
No logic from the OP here
Well completely along the lines of his brilliant "Don't ever give scholarships to two brothers (playing the same position) ever again. He then goes on to stretch "logic" that since neither of the Dick or Allen brothers ever brought us a SEC or national title this is proof positive that any/every such sibling recruitment is an automatic fail. Then again, sometimes logic has nothing to do with a debate. But who knew ???

factchecker

I agree....... but only for alumni, donors, family of players, and season ticket holders.

US = people who support the program.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 01:34:44 pm
I agree....... but only for alumni, donors, family of players, and season ticket holders.

US = people who support the program.
I suspect at this point any such meeting would be far more helpful if held between Long and Bret. Perhaps might even want to include the entire staff. A "town hall meeting" does little, if anything, for the fans. What is he going to do other than acknowledge that he's indeed reading the internet, newspapers, listening to the radio, etc. I think most of would assume that's the case without some formal news conference. Now if he actually has some firm action THEN let 'er rip.

elksnort

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 10:11:30 am
Jeff is actually playing it the right way.  Lay low.  Nothing he says will appease the fans at this point.  If you watch, his social media interactions following a loss drop way off. 

If he was 100% certain in keeping BB he might go on a posititivity spree trying to keep everyone together, saying lets keep behind coach and team etc.  At the same time no decent AD is going to be out there trashing his coach in season either.

While everyone has their own timeline of when Bret lost them, Jeff's was probably the SC game because there was no way he could continue to go to the PTB and say "This is our guy.  I have full faith in him turning this around and ending on a high note"  Instead it was the 5th loss in a row to a P5 team in carbon copy fashion of the others.  Jeff would be risking his job and credibility by rallying behind BB when he had done so time and again only to be let down.

I want him to be as quiet as hell.  It means change is coming and he is focusing his efforts on resolving the current situation and then finding the best candidate for the future.  The silence speaks volumes and if you are a fan wanting change it should be music to your ears. 
Very good post. Although I would like to see Long go away, I do think you are correct in that he is handling this the correct way.

Feralhog

Quote from: Tim on October 12, 2017, 08:37:57 am

ahhhh yes.  the ole Jeff Long pounce ploy.  I have to admit, I didn't think it were possible.  My whole outlook has changed. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Pork Ranger

This thread is proof that Lanny told the mods it's gonna be a free for all for awhile

Professor Pig

If I were Jeff Long, getting my CV "out there" would be priority number one right now. And if I had to bet, that's exactly what he's doing.

As for the OP: nah, lie low, very low.

Vantage 8 dude

Got it. I can see it now: Jeff Long calls a press conference (and in great anticipation every news outlet in America shows up). He begins by thanking everyone for being there and this lays this on them. "I've called this meeting to advise you that in accordance with demands from certain Hogvillians I need to say something. As a result I can tell you that I have nothing to say. Thank for your attendance, and drive home safely".

DoubleReedHawgCaller

What's He need to do? Hand Bret his love letter back and tell him he doesn't want to be his boyfriend anymore??
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Vantage 8 dude

Just relieved to see some mod is finally doing what should have been done the first minute this was posted....flush it into the crapper.