Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 08, 2024, 02:38:05 am

Time to bring Gus home.....Now!

Started by HogAllMighty, October 07, 2017, 05:46:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogAllMighty

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

grayhawg

I want Bielema fired bad, but no to Gus.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HogAllMighty on October 07, 2017, 05:46:30 pm
If not Gus then Blake Anderson.

Seriously? You're now desperate enough to want ASU's coach? Wowwwww.........lmao.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ImHogginIt

Which douchebag mod sent this to trash ?

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 07, 2017, 08:04:47 pm
Which douchebag mod sent this to trash ?

A smart one. We don't need either of those guys, lol.

HoopS

I'm sure he wouldn't come back. I wouldn't blame him.

He was the obvious pick but goodness some folks didn't like him. Bet those same folks love Bret. Good, you gotta nice guy and meanwhile that high school coach beat us 58-3 last time we saw him and is inside of the top 10 right now.

We deserve this crap. We have brought it onto ourselves with stupid moves.

ricepig

Quote from: HoopS on October 07, 2017, 08:19:46 pm

He was the obvious pick but goodness some folks didn't like him. Bet those same folks love Bret. Good, you gotta nice guy and meanwhile that high school coach beat us 58-3 last time we saw him and is inside of the top 10 right now.

Lol, you actually think Gus was ever considered? That has nothing to do with who was chosen as coach, it wasn't a Gus or Bret choice to begin with.

ImHogginIt

October 07, 2017, 09:18:56 pm #8 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:54:27 am by ImHogginIt
Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2017, 08:18:56 pm
A smart one. We don't need either of those guys, lol.

>:(

grayhawg

Bout got a load for the Gus bus, send them over to Auburn's message board.

HoopS

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2017, 08:34:05 pm
Lol, you actually think Gus was ever considered? That has nothing to do with who was chosen as coach, it wasn't a Gus or Bret choice to begin with.
considered?  No. Because we are run by idiots who listen to other idiots.

Should have been? Absolutely. Blatantly obvious. We make dumb decisions and those decisions are celebrated.

But here we are.

Hawgphat

No to Gus

And no to his bus

We have enough trouble looking straight at us

::)

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: HoopS on October 07, 2017, 08:19:46 pm

Gus would have picked Auburn over us if we had offered.  Any Coach would pick Auburn over us.

HoopS

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 07, 2017, 10:39:05 pm
Gus would have picked Auburn over us if we had offered.  Any Coach would pick Auburn over us.
perhaps. But we don't know for sure because we didn't even offer.

Hawg414

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 07, 2017, 10:39:05 pm

yet he held out until only minutes AFTER bielema was announced as our coach to accept the auburn job.

BrianG

Lol...no wonder pig football is such a mess.  Saying no to a coach who has won one NC as OC and played in another as HC.  Also has won more than 10 games in the SEC in the last 5 years.  If our fan base is that stupid then we deserve what we are getting.  To good for Gus or Anderson who continues to win.  [CENSORED] morons.  You deserve an 0fer in conf play.   Lol...Frank you all you don't want to get better.  phreaking dick suckers...darn.

PharmacistHog

Too late for Gus. Offer him now and he doesn't come then what? Besides that, Gus would NEVER have the success here that he does at Auburn. Accept it. Its the truth (as much as it sucks to admit).
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HoopS

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 08, 2017, 10:30:19 am
Too late for Gus. Offer him now and he doesn't come then what? Besides that, Gus would NEVER have the success here that he does at Auburn. Accept it. Its the truth (as much as it sucks to admit).
bullcrap. He can win here. He already did with Nutt and everybody but Alex Wood working against him. I'm not accepting anything except we made a stupid mistake and aren't willing to swallow our damn pride and admit it.

Sure Auburn has recruiting advantages. But I'm so tired of people just bowing down to them. We used to compete with them every freaking game. I have faith in our program's ability to compete because we have already shown we can. For heavens sakes Nutt won here. Petrino proved it could be done and with the SEC strong.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HoopS on October 08, 2017, 10:33:35 am
bullcrap. He can win here. He already did with Nutt and everybody but Alex Wood working against him. I'm not accepting anything except we made a stupid mistake and aren't willing to swallow our damn pride and admit it.

Sorry, I had to go wash my hands with gasoline after typing that. He can absolutely win more here than what we have now, no doubt, but he would NEVER pull the recruits here that he does now. I just firmly believe that. Auburn has advantages we don't. We missed the bus on Gus. Personally I wish we had hired him instead of Petrino (even though I can't particularly stand him). Hindsight is 20/20. Time to move on, in my opinion.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HoopS

I agree mostly. I do think he can recruit easier there. But I also think he's always an explosive QB away from winning big. Forever, that's been exactly what people have said. He can't win without a running QB. But what about when he has a good one? He wins. Big.

But I do agree and moved on years ago. I jumped in this thread just because. It is over with Gus. We made our decision and live with the results. Everything else is just speculation.

What isn't speculation is we need a new coach.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HoopS on October 08, 2017, 10:45:55 am
I agree mostly. I do think he can recruit easier there. But I also think he's always an explosive QB away from winning big. Forever, that's been exactly what people have said. He can't win without a running QB. But what about when he has a good one? He wins. Big.

But I do agree and moved on years ago. I jumped in this thread just because. It is over with Gus. We made our decision and live with the results. Everything else is just speculation.

What isn't speculation is we need a new coach.

We have to get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle with an up and coming coach. I just dont see us hiring a big name barring a miracle like petrino. But with the openings there will be this year I just can't see us landing one of those types. We need to hire a hungry coach looking to prove himself and hope he ends up loving it here.

HoopS

Yep.

Of course, there's still a couple of matters to consider first.

1. Bielema is still our coach.
2. Long is still the AD.

Snouty

Quote from: Hawgphat on October 07, 2017, 09:41:01 pm

No to Gus

And no to his bus

We have enough trouble looking straight at us

::)

[/quote/]

Is that you, Dr. Seuss?