Previous topic - Next topic

AR_dustoff

UH-60 Blackhawks - 1000 hours
UH-72 Lakota       -   400 hours
OH-58 Kiowa        -   500 hours

C-152 - 40 hours
C-172 - 20 hours
Citaborea- 5 hours

Working on fixed wing ratings...right now just need to fly 3 hours with CFI and get signed off.  My dad bought a Citaborea about a year ago, so I gotta get my tailwheel signoff sometime too!

bvillepig

:) :)

Life Long dream fulfilled in 2004 at 54 with a Private and then Instrument Rating

50 Hours C172
350 Archer III
1150 Saratoga HP
1 Hour Demo Cirrus SR22
1 Hour Corvalis 400

Congratulations to all you professionals. I admire you.
Next dream is to at least fly a Turbine,  even if only for one Hour !!!!

fdx flyer

Training - Navy T-34, T-44, and T-2  -  230 hrs

E-2C Hawkeye - 1170 hrs
T-2C Buckeye Instructor - 840 hrs
T-45C Goshawk Instructor - 170 hrs

Carrier Landings - 229  (159 day, 70 night)

Comair CRJ-200  400 hrs

FedEx 727, A300, A310, 777  - 1670 hrs

Maule M5-210C - 110 hrs
Beechcraft N35 Bonanza - 80 hrs

Approximate Total - 4700 hrs

Hey AR_dustoff - got my tailwheel signoff back in 2003.  I've got about 200 hrs of tailwheel time now - by no means a pro - but I love it.  I'm sure you'll pick it right up, since you're used to using your feet to fly.   

Ragnar Hogbrok

Bell Jet Ranger (TH-67 Creek)- ~70
AH-64D Longbow Apache- 1028
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

fdx flyer

Hey bvillepig - funny that you want to get turbine time.  All but about 250 of my 4700 hours is turbine.  I couldn't wait to own my own plane and get some piston time!  Dream finally came true when I got my Maule back in 2002.  It took me 6 years to restore it though, so I've only been flying general aviation planes for about 3 years now.  It's so different than flying for a living.  Both are great, but it sure is nice to go wherever you want on a nice VFR day.

You've built up a lot of flight time in just 7 years.  You must really have the bug!  or use it for business - or both.

I sold the Maule a little over a year ago and got a Bonanza.  Love it!  I live just south of Memphis.  My wife and I and another couple flew to Oxford Sunday to have a late lunch on the square.  It was a great little trip.  When we were getting ready to leave a TBM 850 pulled up next to us.  That was a sweet machine.  It even gave me a little turbine envy too!

Flying Razorback

Training - Navy T-34C, Air Force T-1A - 250 hours

T-1A Instructor - 1150 hours

Private License from LIT in a Diamond DA-20 - 41 hours

I've always wanted to get my tailwheel sign off.  I was considering going to the U-2 after this and was going to get try for about 10 hours of tail wheel time.  I decided against it but still want the tail wheel time.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Quote from: fdx flyer on October 04, 2011, 04:54:57 pm
Hey bvillepig - funny that you want to get turbine time.  All but about 250 of my 4700 hours is turbine.  I couldn't wait to own my own plane and get some piston time!  Dream finally came true when I got my Maule back in 2002.  It took me 6 years to restore it though, so I've only been flying general aviation planes for about 3 years now.  It's so different than flying for a living.  Both are great, but it sure is nice to go wherever you want on a nice VFR day.

You've built up a lot of flight time in just 7 years.  You must really have the bug!  or use it for business - or both.

I sold the Maule a little over a year ago and got a Bonanza.  Love it!  I live just south of Memphis.  My wife and I and another couple flew to Oxford Sunday to have a late lunch on the square.  It was a great little trip.  When we were getting ready to leave a TBM 850 pulled up next to us.  That was a sweet machine.  It even gave me a little turbine envy too!

That's funny, the exact same thing for me.  I've got 1350 hours and only 41 of it is piston time.  I'd like to spend a little more time VFR in a piston as well.

fdx flyer

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 04, 2011, 04:55:37 pm
I've always wanted to get my tailwheel sign off.  I was considering going to the U-2 after this and was going to get try for about 10 hours of tail wheel time.  I decided against it but still want the tail wheel time.

I've got a couple of Navy buddies whose airplanes went away (one Tomcat guy, one S-3 guy).  They both did an interservice transfer to the AF and now fly U2s.  Seems like they like it.  One just got back from a tour in Korea.  I think C130s in LR would be more fun though - especially since you're a hog fan.

FlyingRzrbkAF, looks like you're the moderator for the new forum?  If so, that's pretty sweet.  Now you can put "When Pigs Fly" forum moderator on Hogville.net on your resume.  If I was doing the hiring at FedEx you'd be a shoe-in!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: fdx flyer on October 04, 2011, 05:12:45 pm
I've got a couple of Navy buddies whose airplanes went away (one Tomcat guy, one S-3 guy).  They both did an interservice transfer to the AF and now fly U2s.  Seems like they like it.  One just got back from a tour in Korea.  I think C130s in LR would be more fun though - especially since you're a hog fan.

FlyingRzrbkAF, looks like you're the moderator for the new forum?  If so, that's pretty sweet.  Now you can put "When Pigs Fly" forum moderator on Hogville.net on your resume.  If I was doing the hiring at FedEx you'd be a shoe-in!

Absolutely, at least you'll know what resume is mine when you see it on there!  Fed Ex would be a great post-military job for me if I could live near Arkansas again.

bvillepig

I do have the bug !!  I am not flying as much for business as I did because of the economy. However my son and daughter in law live in the Bentonville Area. They had two beautiful grandaughters who are now 8 and 6.

I do spend a lot of hours between northeast Arkansas  and there.

TBM 850 would be perfect !!!

I can't wait to hear some of the stories you guys and I am sure gals have.

gotyacovered

I bought 50% of a 182 sept 1st. Currently have just over 35 hours. I have another 12 in a 172 from my college days.

I have been in the right seat of a Mooney, Champ, 310, Commander, C-206, my father owned them or a share growing up. I am (to be) a 3rd generation pilot. We have 7 cousins and uncles that hold a private and 5 of them own an airplane, 4 of us are 32 or younger. I am one of two male cousins that isn't a pilot. It's in my blood.

My dad will turn over 29,000 hours by the end of the year. Nope... That's not a typo. He is 61 and they will have to make him quit, and he has never worked for an airline.
You are what you tolerate.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 04, 2011, 08:51:20 pm

My dad will turn over 29,000 hours by the end of the year. Nope... That's not a typo. He is 61 and they will have to make him quit, and he has never worked for an airline.

Holy smokes!  What does he do?

BloodRedHog

300 total hours
Most in a PA32 Piper Saratoga Turbo SP
Some in a Cessna 172, 182 and a Piper Arrow

Based at KAPA
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Flying Razorback

Quote from: BloodRedHog on October 04, 2011, 09:44:14 pm
300 total hours
Most in a PA32 Piper Saratoga Turbo SP
Some in a Cessna 172, 182 and a Piper Arrow

Based at KAPA

I love flying in to APA!  It's beautiful up there and I have had some fun adventures there as well.  Good busy airspace practice for you too.

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 04, 2011, 09:03:43 pm
Holy smokes!  What does he do?

started out in the army, farmed, crop dusted and flew checks for a bank early on... there were days when i was a kid, during harvest he was working 20 hours a day. now he is a pipeline pilot. flys about 25-28 hours per week/11-1200 per year. he has--without question--one of the best aviation jobs you can get, maybe best job ever. he is currently flying a 2010 c-206 full glass panels a/c and all the other trimming you can imagine. its awesome. in about a month they are starting to migrate to expedition aircraft. he was just in canada and flew the red and black plane you see on the webpage, follow the link below. when he gets it, i will post pics, supposedly an awesome flying airplane.

http://www.expeditionaircraft.com/Home.aspx

i am proud of him, if you cant tell. a few months ago received an award for having 20k+ hours incident/accident free. there are only 4 other pilots in the corporate world who have more hours with less.

ADAM_713

50 in a Maule
20 in 152
10 in 172
50 DA-20

give or take.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

dc10x1103

727    dc10   md11    tt- 25,000    flew for fedex for over 27 yrs until i retired       been flying corporate for the person who started tcby for 10 yrs in a falcon50.    my son is now in the left seat of an airbus for fedex.

HawgPilot

810 hrs TT
45 hrs Cessna 150
60 hrs PA 28
122 hrs C172
40 hrs BE 58(baron)
543 T182 Turbo

Flying Razorback

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 05, 2011, 08:15:07 am
727    dc10   md11    tt- 25,000    flew for fedex for over 27 yrs until i retired       been flying corporate for the person who started tcby for 10 yrs in a falcon50.    my son is now in the left seat of an airbus for fedex.

More fedex guys, I love it, I've heard it's never too early to start making your connections and shaking the right hands.

Brownstreak

1000 or so hours in single engine-150, 152, 172, 177, 182, Cub, 210, Tramahawk
20 in an Aztec
100 or so in a Duchess
1600ish in a Baron hauling checks
410 in a Fokker F27
300ish in a Lear 25
50 or so in Lear 35
1800 in Saab 340
3500 CRJ200
125 A320/319
1200 MD-11
3300 or so in 757&767

I work at UPS

Flying Razorback

Fed Ex and UPS, all kinds of good networking for us on this board.

Brownstreak

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 05, 2011, 09:29:11 pm
Fed Ex and UPS, all kinds of good networking for us on this board.

If you are lucky enough to be able to pick between the two, go FedEx.  But, the reality is, take the first good offer.

dc10x1103

Quote from: Brownstreak on October 05, 2011, 09:35:30 pm
If you are lucky enough to be able to pick between the two, go FedEx.  But, the reality is, take the first good offer.
it was sheer luck that i was in the right spot at the right time with fedex.  i started in 1972 with them, flying a falcon 20, and ended flying all over the world in a dc10. 

MemphisHawg

500 hours C172
250 hours Piper Dakota
385 hours A36 Bonanza
75 hours in C152, Piper Arrow, C-177RG, C310, PA-44

Two of my passions: Hogs and Flying. What a great idea to add this to the site!

MemphisHawg

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 06, 2011, 10:21:49 am
it was sheer luck that i was in the right spot at the right time with fedex.  i started in 1972 with them, flying a falcon 20, and ended flying all over the world in a dc10. 

I'll bet your signature is on the picture I saw hanging on the wall in the board room at FedEx. It was a memento to FWS signed by about a dozen (I think-it's been awhile since I saw it) of the original pilots.

MDH

~500 Hours TT
spread fairly evenly between C182, C172, C210, C310, Piper Cherokees of various flavors, Piper Comanche and Vans RV-6a. 

There are a bunch of different ones that I have an hour or two here and there in.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Sooiepride

And the award for lowest time goes to.....

80 hours TT, 48 hours PIC!

All in a C172, C150, and a Cherokee 160 and 180.

Started toward my PPL back at the Wright Patterson AFB Aero Club in 05 and last flew in 08.  I love flying and want to get back into it, but I just can't afford it right now.  Was a civil engineering Captain in the Air Force, got out and took a 20% paycut and had 2 small additions to the family, so....

I am helping to start a Civil Air Patrol squadron in our town here in East Texas.  We are solely a cadet squadron and therefore we don't have any aircraft assigned to us.  Just need a few more pilots to have the possibility of getting and aircraft assigned.  Any pilots around Nacogdoches, TX, interested in joining the CAP? LOL!!!
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 06, 2011, 10:21:49 am
Do you know a gentleman by the name of Collins? I believe he was at fedex before he flew for jerry jones.

I've got about 270 hours
100ish in DA-20, 150ish in C172 and around 16 in BE76

dc10x1103

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 09, 2011, 05:30:39 pm
Do you know a gentleman by the name of Collins? I believe he was at fedex before he flew for jerry jones.

I've got about 270 hours
100ish in DA-20, 150ish in C172 and around 16 in BE76
he was not a line pilot.  if he had a flying position, he flew the corporate aircraft.  i know the name but i never met him.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 10, 2011, 08:09:09 am
he was not a line pilot.  if he had a flying position, he flew the corporate aircraft.  i know the name but i never met him.
Ah. He's a friend of my grandparents. I've heard a few stories about him but only met him a few times.

Hogbus320

7000 and change mostly EMB145 and A320

about 1500 of it (pre airline days) was a slew of Cessna's and Beechcraft's.

Flying for Sir Richard Branson now.

MDH

Quote from: Hogbus320 on October 20, 2011, 12:32:54 pm
7000 and change mostly EMB145 and A320

about 1500 of it (pre airline days) was a slew of Cessna's and Beechcraft's.

Flying for Sir Richard Branson now.

I'm going to KHOT tomorrow to work on a 145 they are trying to resurrect after sitting for 4 years or so.

Well maybe someday you can fly Branson into space ;) Or at least tag along.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Brownstreak

Quote from: MDH on October 20, 2011, 06:22:52 pm
I'm going to KHOT tomorrow to work on a 145 they are trying to resurrect after sitting for 4 years or so.

I would hate to be the test pilot for that one!  Yikes!  I flew an Md11 that had been sitting in Brazil for a few years.  NOT FUN!!

Hogbus320

Quote from: MDH on October 20, 2011, 06:22:52 pm

Actually the application window for VG is open right now and even though they said %50 of the Pilot Cadre will come from VAmerica, VAtlantic, VAustraila, and VBlue, their minimums are a bit lofty and I am way too underqualified for it:  Ph.D. in astrophysics, Academy Grad preferred, 1000 as test pilot, 100 as test pilot instructor, previous space experience preferred (NASA jockies)...I'm just a hillbilly who got lucky

MDH

Quote from: Hogbus320 on October 21, 2011, 01:52:16 pm
Actually the application window for VG is open right now and even though they said %50 of the Pilot Cadre will come from VAmerica, VAtlantic, VAustraila, and VBlue, their minimums are a bit lofty and I am way too underqualified for it:  Ph.D. in astrophysics, Academy Grad preferred, 1000 as test pilot, 100 as test pilot instructor, previous space experience preferred (NASA jockies)...I'm just a hillbilly who got lucky

Even a hillbilly can dream ;)  When I first saw the whole video about Spaceship One I was blown away.  Until that point I'd never been a big fan of Rutan, but he earned my respect with that one.

rzrbkred

Looking to fulfill my dream of flying. Anyone know if there is an instructor in SeAr? Pine bluff or Monticello?

Dutch

Chronologically:

60 in C152/C172 at ASG while at the University

about 230 in T-6 @Hell Rio/T-44 in Corpus/C-130H2 @Dobbins/Atlanta

around 700 in C-130H2 here in Fort Worth, TX for the Guard.  Best job ever.

gotyacovered

Quote from: rzrbkred on November 05, 2011, 11:00:30 am
Looking to fulfill my dream of flying. Anyone know if there is an instructor in SeAr? Pine bluff or Monticello?

Sorry, I am in Kansas hunting... I have to think there are options in Pine Bluff...

TeufelHog

T-34C = 105 Hrs:  TH-57 = 137 Hrs:  CH-46E = 2,071 Hrs:  Total = 2,313 Hrs
                                                   "Phrogs Phorever"

gotyacovered

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 12, 2011, 06:34:46 pm
                                                   "Phrogs Phorever"

sweet...

Flying Razorback

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 12, 2011, 06:34:46 pm
                                                   "Phrogs Phorever"

Whiting or Corpus for primary?  I was a VT-3 guy at Whiting for T34s.

TeufelHog

Same, same . . . VT-3 and HT-8 at Whiting Field.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 13, 2011, 06:36:53 pm
Same, same . . . VT-3 and HT-8 at Whiting Field.

Very nice, my brother in law just came to me as a student in T-1's from Whiting.  VT-3 and VT-6 now are T-6B squadrons and VT-2 is holding out with the T-34's.  By the spring all 3 primary squadrons at Whiting should be T-6B and they will move to start upgrading Corpus.

Nothing can quite compare to the T-34 as a primary trainer.  I've had students who were T-34, T-6A, and now T-6B and the best thinkers with the best situational awareness were always T-34 guys.  Instruments skills were the best from the T-34 as well.

BayBoy

Received my PPL in 2009.   Approx 160 hrs, mostly 172.
Two flights to FL.   Also to MO MS and to AL.   Many to TX.
Diagnosed with cancer in April, 2011 and placed myself under 61.53.

I miss it like crazy.

flynhog

November 20, 2011, 10:36:50 pm #45 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:17:23 pm by gotyacovered
UH-1, AH-1, and OH-58 Helicopters C-12 and C-26 All military.

Every SE Cessna made it seems- 177RG is my favorite.  Most SE pipers too.

BAe3100 Jetstream
B727
DC-9
A320
CE560XL/XLS for Netjets these days.

Waiting on the powerball numbers to get right so I can get my flower garden going.

WPS!  Beat LSU!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

gotyacovered

thought this was a thread worth stickyin'... i will go in and clean it up... feel free to copy/paste and update... if it doesnt get any activity we will remove...

GusMcRae

I'm up over 230 total hours now.  Began in May 2011 with zero hours, obtained PP on 10-19-2011. 
Planes:
Cessna 150 - around 70 hrs or so 
Cessna 210 - only an hour or so
1967 Navion Rangemaster - only an hour or so
Cessna 172 - Couple of hours
Mooney M20A - only an hour or so
Piper Cherokee 180 -less than an hour
Citabria - 2 hours
1967 Cessna 182K - My primary airplane, the balance of my total time is in this and a couple of other 182s

It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

my updated times:

C182 - 188hrs
C172 - 3hrs
C152 - 3hrs
FBA3 - 1hr

Have some right seat time in a Baron, 414 and C206's.

Hankweb

Cessna 150/152 - 78 hrs
Cessna 172       - 230 hrs
Cessna 182       - 32 hrs
Cessna 206       - 38 hrs
Cessna 210       - 102 hrs
Bonanza A36     - 812 hrs
About 15 hrs instruction Pilatus PC 12