Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome future #Boothogs signs

Started by /sarcasm on, April 19, 2016, 11:23:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

/sarcasm on

Anyone in south Arkansas want to put some up on the highways coming in from LA?

Huds_HawgTide

That would be epic... We need to invest in billboards in Monroe, new Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, KC, St louis
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 20, 2016, 09:07:39 am
That would be epic... We need to invest in billboards in Monroe, new Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, KC, St louis

Yes, this.  And I'd add Tulsa to the list.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Pig in the Pokey

Some of you guys have the means to make this happen. I'll do the leg work if somebody wants to sponsor this great idea.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

colbs

I don't have much but probably could put a little money toward this.  I imagine it wouldn't be a problem to make happen if enough people pitched in.

rangertaunton

My girlfriend works with Jailen Coles' mother. They are excited about the trip this weekend and as of now we are in his top 5. Ive been in her ear about Fayetteville and the Hogs since December. I will tell you this,kid and his family grew up LSU fans and if they offer he will be a tiger. He is very interested in us though bc of the amount of LA kids that we have
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

lefty08

Isn't there a rule about where you can have billboards?  I thought I remember something like that coming up in the past
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on April 21, 2016, 06:43:27 am
Isn't there a rule about where you can have billboards?  I thought I remember something like that coming up in the past

I'm sure the highway department has rules on where they can be placed.........

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2016, 07:21:56 am
I'm sure the highway department has rules on where they can be placed.........

As usual, thanks

I'm talking about a mileage from campus sort of rule
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

wholehog92

Quote from: lefty08 on April 21, 2016, 08:02:38 am
As usual, thanks

I'm talking about a mileage from campus sort of rule

There was a dustup between the miss schools that resulted in this story:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/19398847/report-mississippi-state-billboards-reported-as-ncaa-violation

Here is the rule directly from the rulebook:
Quote from: NCAA13.4.3 Advertisements and Promotions.
13.4.3.1 Recruiting Advertisements. The publication of advertising or promotional material, by or on behalf
of a member institution, designed to solicit the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete is not permitted,
except as provided in Bylaw 13.4.3.1.1. Accordingly, a member institution may not buy or arrange to have space
in game programs or other printed materials published to provide information concerning the athletics participation
or evaluation of prospective student-athletes (e.g., recruiting publications) for any purpose whatsoever,
including advertisements, a listing of prospective or enrolled student-athletes who will attend the institution and
informative materials related to the institution. [D] (Revised: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05)
13.4.3.1.1 Nonathletics Institutional Advertisements. An institution (or a third party acting on
behalf of the institution) may publish nonathletics institutional advertisements or promotional material
(e.g., use of signage, booths, kiosks and distribution of printed materials) at high school or two-year college
athletics events provided: [D] (Adopted: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05)
(a) The funds generated by the advertisements or promotional materials are not used for the high school
or two-year college's athletics program;
(b) The institution's athletics department is not involved in the advertisement or promotional activities;
(c) The advertisements or promotional materials do not contain athletics information [unless as noted
in Bylaw 13.4.1.3-(d)]; and
(d) The institution documents the cost of the advertising and promotional activities
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PorkSoda

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 22, 2016, 09:21:14 am
There was a dustup between the miss schools that resulted in this story:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/19398847/report-mississippi-state-billboards-reported-as-ncaa-violation

Here is the rule directly from the rulebook:
thats about specific athletes.  nothing saying we can't put up a big #boothogs on a bill board on the highway coming in from LA.  if nothing else than to remind LSU where the boot is on their way in for the game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 22, 2016, 03:10:39 pm
thats about specific athletes.  nothing saying we can't put up a big #boothogs on a bill board on the highway coming in from LA.  if nothing else than to remind LSU where the boot is on their way in for the game.

We've had billboards for the university as far out as Arizona, it can be done.

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2016, 03:13:01 pm
We've had billboards for the university as far out as Arizona, it can be done.

I was thinking this is what caused me to think there was a rule against it. Did we not have to remove that advertisement?

/sarcasm on

I was talking about people just putting up some banners or small signs on the side of the road, but I guess billboards will work too.  :D

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on April 22, 2016, 06:37:05 pm
I was thinking this is what caused me to think there was a rule against it. Did we not have to remove that advertisement?

I don't remember that why did, but I can't honestly say one way or another. I figured we had billboards up in the DFW area, I don't see a big problem with it.

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2016, 07:14:45 pm
I don't remember that why did, but I can't honestly say one way or another. I figured we had billboards up in the DFW area, I don't see a big problem with it.

I could be completely wrong, but I think they made us remove it. I could have dreamed it happened, who knows

rangertaunton

After talking to his mom,we may get a commit from J Cole soon. Maybe this weekend if they would take it. They are loving it on the Hill!

LMS

Quote from: rangertaunton on April 22, 2016, 08:37:19 pm
After talking to his mom,we may get a commit from J Cole soon. Maybe this weekend if they would take it. They are loving it on the Hill!

Why commit if he'd jump ship to LSU and he knows it? I mean, I love Boot Hogs, but it's just sucky to know this guy would flip if they offered him. Such is the life of crootin I guess, but why not hold out a little and see instead of jumping the gun then leaving us hanging.

lefty08

Quote from: LMS on April 23, 2016, 09:30:26 am
Why commit if he'd jump ship to LSU and he knows it? I mean, I love Boot Hogs, but it's just sucky to know this guy would flip if they offered him. Such is the life of crootin I guess, but why not hold out a little and see instead of jumping the gun then leaving us hanging.

Where are you getting this info from?

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on April 23, 2016, 10:23:05 am
Where are you getting this info from?

Quote from: rangertaunton on April 20, 2016, 08:20:38 pm
My girlfriend works with Jailen Coles' mother. They are excited about the trip this weekend and as of now we are in his top 5. Ive been in her ear about Fayetteville and the Hogs since December. I will tell you this,kid and his family grew up LSU fans and if they offer he will be a tiger. He is very interested in us though bc of the amount of LA kids that we have

lefty08

rangertaunton

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2016, 10:39:32 am

straight from the horses mouth. Not just spouting nonsense. I talk to his family regularly. They text me several times this weekend while they were up there. Looks like the crystal ball just swung our way also. You arnt the only one with info. And the only one i have info on is Mr Cole

ricepig

Quote from: rangertaunton on April 24, 2016, 12:04:02 pm
straight from the horses mouth. Not just spouting nonsense. I talk to his family regularly. They text me several times this weekend while they were up there. Looks like the crystal ball just swung our way also. You arnt the only one with info. And the only one i have info on is Mr Cole

Umm, did I say differently? I was just pointing him to the source, lol.

rangertaunton

Quote from: ricepig on April 24, 2016, 12:35:27 pm
Umm, did I say differently? I was just pointing him to the source, lol.
My apologies ricepig. I just reread the post and saw that

ricepig

Quote from: rangertaunton on April 24, 2016, 01:17:41 pm
My apologies ricepig. I just reread the post and saw that

No prob, I appreciate the info you bring, whether it turns out pleasant, or not.

hogmolar

Quote from: lefty08 on April 21, 2016, 06:43:27 am
Not if you live in Harrison. "Diversity is another word for White Genocide #Whitepride"  this is seriously a billboard there. No words can describe this.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hogmolar on April 25, 2016, 08:46:14 pm

Not if you live in Harrison. "Diversity is another word for White Genocide #Whitepride"  this is seriously a billboard there. No words can describe this.
I wish we could get rid of this crap. Can't we all just get along? Jeez

lefty08

I don't agree with that billboard at all, but what it worse?a billboard in Harrison Arkansas, or a halftime show shown to half the world?

Sadly, it's the world we live in

Huds_HawgTide

I don't agree with our billboard here in Harrison...its ignorance...but somebody has the right to put one right beside just as ignorant as it...free speech doesn't just work for common sense but it's still free speech...so as much as I hate it, and hate that I too, may be labeled as some white supremacist I have to respect the fact i can call the sign company and get anything i want! even if it says LSU sucks!!!
tommy boy

hogmolar

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 27, 2016, 09:57:27 am
I don't agree with our billboard here in Harrison...its ignorance...but somebody has the right to put one right beside just as ignorant as it...free speech doesn't just work for common sense but it's still free speech...so as much as I hate it, and hate that I too, may be labeled as some white supremacist I have to respect the fact i can call the sign company and get anything i want! even if it says LSU sucks!!!
I agree with you.  I am from the area as well and it stinks that because of 1 ignorant person choosing to use their free speech in that manner it can label an entire area as what it is know as.  Too me Harrison should be known as the town with the worst idea of a bypass ever, I mean who puts a curb on a major highway?? lol   

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy