Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High School football players that were not recruited highly...

Started by WestMemphisHogFan, January 27, 2006, 10:39:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WestMemphisHogFan

but went on to be very successul in College, and possibly NFL as well.

I am doing some research on the subject and thought I would ask you guys for some help!

I thought of Brandon Burlsworth, Brett Favre...

DukeOfPork

Rod Smith?

He was a stud at Missouri Southern when I was there but I don't know how Arkansas and others missed out on him.

brooks74

proffitthog

dirthog

"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

WichitaStateRazorback

hogsanity

The NFL is full of small college guys who were "overlooked" as HS players.  Maybe they were injured in HS, maybe they played at ridiculously small high schools, who knows WHY they were overlooked.

Kurt Warner comes to my mind. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bigt54

"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

Apathy

Steve McNair - Alcorn St. - not Hall of Fame successful, but I bet he makes more money than I do.

ColinRagan

ThunderHog

The NFL has plenty of those guys.  Two that come to mind real quick.  Look at this year's playoff's.  Ben Roethlisberger had only one offer out of high school...Miami of Ohio...a MAC school.  Jake Delhomme was not even drafted out of college...Louisanna Lafayette...a Sun Belt school.

hawkeyefan17

Bob Sanders Iowa (Indianapolis Colts) Strong Safety
Dallas Clark Iowa (Indianapolis Colts) Tight End

Clark arrrived at Iowa as a walk on linebacker
Sanders came out of Erie, Pennsylvannia virtually unnoticed

Both had great college careers at Iowa and have been instrumental to the recent success of the Indianapolis Colts.

hoggystyle78

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Sanctified Swine

sorry about that, didn't notice "football" in the header

proffitthog

Who was the small white receiver for the jets, i think he retired this year.
Just remembered Wayne Chrebet