Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opportunity to show the Bowl game on the Videoboard

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 09, 2016, 04:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

They could make a pretty penny selling concessions while  allowing fan's in attendance a reason to bring family & or Friends.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Yes and the sound and picture quality are much better than ever before. I would sit and watch

Hayden1865

I like the idea, but I'd have to smuggle some booze in.

Not that i haven't before
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Marshfieldhog

rude1

The one's in charge of the purse strings would be too afraid that it might encourage a fan or two not to buy a ticket and make the trip to the bowl game.

3kgthog

Quote from: rude1 on December 09, 2016, 07:43:33 pm
The one's in charge of the purse strings would be too afraid that it might encourage a fan or two not to buy a ticket and make the trip to the bowl game.

It's not about being afraid. It's about legality. Showing it on the BWA screen that one has to pay admission to see is a little different than the local bar or burger joint.

GuvHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 09, 2016, 11:15:25 pm
It's not about being afraid. It's about legality. Showing it on the BWA screen that one has to pay admission to see is a little different than the local bar or burger joint.

Yep, they'd have to open the doors and the concession stands at 4 PM and make it where only those that have tickets to the basketball game would be admitted. That might increase attendance for the basketball game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 09, 2016, 11:15:25 pm
True and the SEC has all kinds of rules and regs about such things so who knows.

Hoggish1

Quote from: rude1 on December 09, 2016, 07:43:33 pm

This may be exactly right.  Selling one more bowl ticket would be better than 40K $s from the home fans, who couldn't get to Charlotte...

(notOM)Rebel123

FWIW....They showed a part of the soccer team's win over Auburn in the SEC tournament from the SEC Netwrok feed on the video board during the exhibition basketball game on Friday, Nov. 4th.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hobhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 11, 2016, 07:43:10 pm
This may be exactly right.  Selling one more bowl ticket would be better than 40K $s from the home fans, who couldn't get to Charlotte...

I'm  sure that's what they are afraid of: "I was going to go to the bowl game but heard they may show it on scoreboard in BWA so I canceled."

Good grief.

Big Nasty 34

There won't be that many hog fans making the trip to Charlotte, to begin with. Those who want to go will go regardless of basketball. I hope they can make this happen. Would be an outstanding event and atmosphere for hopefully 2 big Hog wins.

RazorWest

I can't imagine there being much of a demand for this when people can watch it at home.  Most people will be at work at 4:30 on a Thursday anyway.  just my opinion though

HF#1

Will be interesting to see if more fans attend the bowl game than the basketball game.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin