Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andy Katz: Travis Ford is Kentucky's Safety Net

Started by WilsonHog, March 27, 2009, 05:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Calipari would be extremely interested in the Kentucky job. They'll also talk to Jay Wright, Tom Izzo, and Rick Barnes, but Katz doesn't expect any of them to leave their current jobs.

On ESPN just now.

hogsanity

So, basically, they fired BG WITH THE HOPE that they can lure a big name, but, if they fail, they will go get Travis Ford?  What has happened to Kentucky basketball?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogBreath

Wow, I sure hope Pel doesn't get called home. (subliminal message to self, you are such a liar). 

But, who could blame him if he took the job.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

klp1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2009, 05:07:51 pm
So, basically, they fired BG WITH THE HOPE that they can lure a big name, but, if they fail, they will go get Travis Ford?  What has happened to Kentucky basketball?

No, I think they fired him because he is a drunk jerk who would do more harm to the program if he stayed....sometime you have to cut your loses and move on.....

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 05:05:52 pm
Calipari would be extremely interested in the Kentucky job. They'll also talk to Jay Wright, Tom Izzo, and Rick Barnes, but Katz doesn't expect any of them to leave their current jobs.

On ESPN just now.

That's four coaches down.  Does Pel now move up from 100th to 96th on the list?  :)

josh_sec33

ok people. Let's assume that Pelphrey gets asked to go to UK, and he accepts.

Who we going to get?

I think we messed up when people didn't want us to go after Jeff Capel...cause he was a repeat from SH, just at VCU.

Wonder how that's working out.

:)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Styflin

Is it possible that Kentucky would take a serious look at Mike Anderson?  What a nightmare for Hog fans if Mike Anderson were hired at Kentucky.  I can remember those rivalry games like yesterday.  It would be a sad day for me thats for sure.  Having said that...  I think Calipari is probably a little more interested than most might think.  If Kentucky throws the bank at him..  he might take it.

hawgsav1

Quote from: josh_sec33 on March 27, 2009, 06:10:56 pm
ok people. Let's assume that Pelphrey gets asked to go to UK, and he accepts.

Who we going to get?

I think we messed up when people didn't want us to go after Jeff Capel...cause he was a repeat from SH, just at VCU.

Wonder how that's working out.

:)

Capel was only at OU for a year when Stanley was hired...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HawgWild

No way that UK fires Gillespie without having a replacement at hand, right?! Poor BCG. No contract. No parting Golden Handcuffs.