Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gillispie is out at Kentucky. Will Pelphrey get a look?

Started by chuckinss, March 27, 2009, 04:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckinss

ESPN and all other major networks are reporting at Billy Gillispie has been fired at Kentucky.  News conference is going on now (4:30pm.)  Do you think John Pelphrey
will get a shot at the job and will he look at it or stay
at Arkansas?

WilsonHog

Quote from: chuckinss on March 27, 2009, 04:40:09 pm
ESPN and all other major networks are reporting at Billy Gillispie has been fired at Kentucky.  News conference is going on now (4:30pm.)  Do you think John Pelphrey
at Arkansas?

Yeah, he'll get a look.

Barnhart will look and say, "Damn we don't want THAT guy!"

Razorfox

Wow, after only two years?  They were a lot better than we were this year.  And we have people that go nuts at the mention of firing Pelphrey because he hasn't had time. 

GuvHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2009, 04:41:25 pm
Yeah, he'll get a look.

Barnhart will look and say, "Damn we don't want THAT guy!"

Agreed, but all it'll be is a look. If they offer him the job I'll be shocked.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jpenrod1

Donovan is the news that was rumored on Bo's show earlier this week. He had a Kentucky guy on who said Gillispie would be out and that they believe Florida's coach would be interested.

oldbear

Quote from: Razorfox on March 27, 2009, 04:43:53 pm
Wow, after only two years?  They were a lot better than we were this year.  And we have people that go nuts at the mention of firing Pelphrey because he hasn't had time. 

From what the pundits are saying, this was not so much about wins and losses.  Apparently Billy Clyde pi***d off all the right people to make his stay short.  I am certain that winning the conference or a national championship would have negated a lot of the anger, but his attitude and performance together mad efor a short stay.

HumpyHog

Has he done anyhthing to deserve being looked at? Not in my opinion, but I'm not a bball guy.

jpghog

i don't think he'll get a look.  Kentucky wouldn't take him off a 2-14 SEC record even if he is a beloved alumnus.

Fort Swine

2-14?  No.  This is the year where Pel will have to prove improvement or we need to see a change. 

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

GuvHog

Quote from: jpenrod1 on March 27, 2009, 04:46:47 pm
Donovan is the news that was rumored on Bo's show earlier this week. He had a Kentucky guy on who said Gillispie would be out and that they believe Florida's coach would be interested.

If I recall correctly they said the same thing 2 years ago and
he told them not to waste their time, he wasn't interested.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Fort Swine

ESPN Radio this afternoon was doing a flight tracker.  They said BD had a vacation home in St. Augustine.  They said two planes left there - one for Lexington and the other for Richmond.  VCU visit in the near future?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hogdiggity

two numbers will give you the answer to this question 2 and 14

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Razorfox on March 27, 2009, 04:43:53 pm

Some of the Cat fans are questioning the move unless they have a homerun hire already locked up. Many of the same concerns some of us have expressed.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Yeah right, dude only won 2 more conference games as a coach this year as I did, I doubt Kentucky would be interested in downgrading further.

LJHOG

Quote from: chuckinss on March 27, 2009, 04:40:09 pm
at Arkansas?

we can always hope!

BFGHawg

It would be great if KY would offer Pel.  Maybe we could then hire a major college coach.  We all know KY want's a proven winner, not a mediocre mid-major coach.

HognVA

It would have been interesting if Pel had a good year this year. Maybe this year was a blessing in disguise. Kentucky won't be interested, the Hogs will gel next year and start playing winning basketball and then Pel will sign a couple of blue chippers.

I have to look at it positively....plus it wasn't that long ago that we beat Texas and OU and everyone was scared Kentucky would come get him. It's amazing how perspectives can change in just a few months. Lets hope ours change again next season.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

LJHOG

Quote from: chrisb on March 27, 2009, 08:24:18 pm
It would have been interesting if Pel had a good year this year. Maybe this year was a blessing in disguise. Kentucky won't be interested, the Hogs will gel next year and start playing winning basketball and then Pel will sign a couple of blue chippers.

I have to look at it positively....plus it wasn't that long ago that we beat Texas and OU and everyone was scared Kentucky would come get him. It's amazing how perspectives can change in just a few months. Lets hope ours change again next season.
we'll be doing well to be in the NIT next year.

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

NuttinItUp