Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over/under? I'm saying 12

Started by mathhog, March 26, 2009, 11:08:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

March 26, 2009, 11:08:45 pm Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:13:45 pm by mathhog
as in, "the number of threads lamenting 'why didn't we hire mike anderson!!!' " in the next 2 hours.

good job mike.  heckuva tourney coach, terrible recruiter.  can't figure out what so many on here's love with the guy is, but i wish him well nonetheless. 

can't say i had them beating memphis in my bracket, so good win!

yknow, you've changed my mind.

we should hire mike, because he made an elite 8.   i mean, it's always good to hire a young coach that made an elite 8.... cough... 2002... cough....

passinghog

March 26, 2009, 11:12:19 pm #1 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:17:22 pm by passinghog
Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:08:45 pm
as in, "the number of threads lamenting 'why didn't we hire mike anderson!!!' " in the next 2 hours.

good job mike.  heckuva tourney coach, terrible recruiter.  can't figure out what so many on here's love with the guy is, but i wish him well nonetheless. 

because all the criteria you use to describe him, our coach would get the answer "none of the above."

no3putts

if he cant recruit hes a hell of a coach. What a stupid post
hes either good at both or one of the greatest coaches ever if he cant recruit and in his 3rd year he has his team in the elite 8

dougieritch

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:28:11 pm
stan heath went to an elite 8.  is he a great coach?

Mike Anderson has rebuilt two teams, including a subpar UAB team.  He is an excellent coach, now go get ya shine box!

The Boar War

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:28:11 pm
stan heath went to an elite 8.  is he a great coach?

With a name like Mathhog one would assume you could follow simple logic.   

High Octane Hog

Why is it always the same thing, recruiting? If recruiting MA's or NBA one and doners was the answer, then wouldn't Memphis like be a no brainer? It is about talent level and the ability to push that talent through your heart and spirit until you literally explode. Like say, navy seal training. Never quit, never, never, never quit.... no matter how you hurt, whether you can see, or hear or walk or talk, push yourself til you think you will break and then push some more. That takes a team of 10 players who believe it and commit to it, when you have that you a championship team. Although, I read an article somewhere that said no team has ever won a national championship without a MA on the team. Not sure, sounds like a mathog question.

Razorback88

we should hire mike, because he made an elite 8.   i mean, it's always good to hire a young coach that made an elite 8.... cough... 2002... cough....

I'll take the over, because Mike's success adds to the frustration we feel right now.

I'll set another line:  1.5 on the number of passive-aggressive threads in support of Pel tonight.  I'll take the under, hoping you don't start another one.

jts900011

we should hire mike, because he made an elite 8.   i mean, it's always good to hire a young coach that made an elite 8.... cough... 2002... cough....

Here we go again! Mathhog there is worlds of difference in taking a senior ladden team as a first year head coach to the elite eight, and taking two teams deep into the tournament at two different schools. One of them was the university of alabama birmingham, the other was Missouri. I am still trying to figure out what the coughing is about. were you implying Stan heath resembles Mike anderson? The couging ought to be because you have stuck your foot in your mouth more times here than you can count!