Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playing in a football stadium????

Started by mj4president, March 26, 2009, 09:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

I can't stand when basketball games are played in a huge football stadium like Memphis is playing Missouri right now. It could be so much louder and better basketball environment played in a normal gym. It's stupid to play in places where you have thousands of empty seats.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

sooieet

That's just cause $$$ are more important than basketball at this point.

Tejano Jawg

That'll never change now. Years ago, I wished they just put the Regionals and the Finals in the bigger NBA arenas. But they're way past that.

I went to our Seattle Final Four. It was in the Seahawks' domed stadium (whatever it was called). I thought it looked stupid. Everything totally out of scale, and I always wondered if that ever affected play.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HawgNthaWater

Get use it because in 2 years the Final Four and next years NBA AllStar game will be in the largest Stadium in the world....ie Jerry World
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

BigoBoys

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: BigoBoys on March 26, 2009, 10:20:39 pm
Shouldn't this be in Jump Ball? 

Yep, I can't stand it when people post basketball stuff in the football forum.

Eh wev.
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

SigHog87

Well... technically its about basketball in a football stadium. So it could go either way.

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: SigHog87 on March 26, 2009, 10:41:59 pm
Well... technically its about basketball in a football stadium. So it could go either way.

True.

You still walking on to punt next year?
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

mj4president

I really do think it has an effect on the play of the teams.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.