Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gillispie out at UK

Started by JYH, March 26, 2009, 09:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JYH

I live in Louisville and it was breaking news on WHAS-11. Go to Cats Pause for verification.

GHG.

Hogbody

Let the hunt and rumors(more of them) begin.

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

WilsonHog

That can't be.

I refuse to believe it.

Damn "inside" sources!!

(BTW, check out this ESPN link. Scroll down to where it mentions Billy Clyde having a call-in show and taking calls from fans saying they wished he would leave. And our coaches think they have it tough in Arkansas.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4019229

Oliver

Well it's official...Kentucky has committed the cardinal sin of basketball.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 26, 2009, 09:09:35 pm
Well it's official...Kentucky has committed the cardinal sin of basketball.

sucking?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Hawgin84

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 26, 2009, 09:34:28 pm
It's been nice knowing you Pel..enjoy your trip home..fingers crossed!!!

Wishful thinking. He's latched on like a tick.

3kgthog

Kentucky isn't going to fire a drunk just to hire a coach that can't coach. Lexington would burn and men, women, and children would perish if they hired John Pelphrey. I'm pretty sure they want Pel to remain a former player and nothing else.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Watch them go after MA after calipari turns them down.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: abostian on March 26, 2009, 09:41:55 pm
Watch them go after MA after calipari turns them down.

That is one we don't have to worry about. Maybe Mike will still be around next year just in case.

batesvillepharmer

Only way pel going back to UK is as an assistant this time next year.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: Rod6275 on March 26, 2009, 09:06:18 pm
good  bye  pel

Where would he be going?  Certainly not to Ky.  Even they are unimpressed with what he did this year with some talent.

ses

They will make another run at Donovan....and he will accept.  Might be as early as Monday or Tuesday.  Kentucky would not let BG go without his replacement already a done deal.

dougieritch

moses_007

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Kentucky go for Mike Anderson after tonight.

hogsanity

Quote from: ses on March 26, 2009, 11:25:23 pm
They will make another run at Donovan....and he will accept.  Might be as early as Monday or Tuesday.  Kentucky would not let BG go without his replacement already a done deal.

I agree.  No way they want to go through another coaching search after just 2 yers. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sourpuss

I just can't help doing my condescending nasally Sourpuss laugh thinking about Billy Slime and all the shrimp and shenanigans he pulled with us to get that job.  What comes around....  I hope he ends up and some sloppy mid-major wanna be, dirty bum.

If I were AD I'd call and offer him a position washing jocks for $1 over minimum wage + a weekly trip to Buffalo Wild Wings (best wings in Fayetteville).

GoHogs1091

Below is a link to an article from ESPN.com.  At the upper portion of the article, it shows that the article was updated at 1:45 AM ET.  The article states that Billy Gillispie's status is unclear.

Additionally, below is a link to an article from ESPN.com that was written by Pat Forde.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4018869&sportCat=ncb

One has to wonder if Pat Forde, and or other national Sports media will feel that blame should go to both the UofA and John Pelphrey if Coach Pelphrey has to be fired at the end of next Season.

The Boar War

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 26, 2009, 09:45:41 pm
Pel is like Nutt, we can't dump him off on anyone. Maybe we need to get the golden handcuffs back out.

I think (in the midst of these troubling economic times) that the price of gold has gone up.

NuttinItUp

March 27, 2009, 01:03:48 am #21 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:07:02 am by NuttinItUp
"UK Sports Information denied the report through a statement late Thursday Night. The School plans to have an update on the status of Gillispie by Friday."
http://tristatehomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=62682

"In response to an Internet report Gillispie is going to be let go, the University of Kentucky issued the following statement Thursday night: "UK men's basketball coach Billy Gillispie has not been fired. There have been no meetings between Gillispie and UK officials today, and there is no scheduled press conference for tomorrow.""

Looks like some people were jumping the gun.

chiefsfan

"A sometimes testy relationship with the media hasn't helped. He endured a couple high-profile run-ins with a female TV reporter during the season, not exactly the kind of behavior some expected from the state's highest-paid employee"

Thankfully we never had that problem here at Arkansas...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Pig Latin

if we lose pelphrey and do not drop a bank on Mike Anderson's front lawn and give him ZERO reasons to not come back home...  that's silly talk, of course we will drop a bank on MA's front lawn and give him ZERO reasons to not come back home
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

NuttinItUp

Latest on the situation:
http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=10081072&nav=EQlp
(UK denies him being fired, students camping out to show support for Gillispie)

Scott7703

Quote from: ses on March 26, 2009, 11:25:23 pm

Never gonna happen

TNhawgfan

They're going to get the former Wildcat that can actually coach, Travis Ford
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razorbak

Quote"drop a bank on Mike Anderson's front lawn"

LOL !!
"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]