Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN: Kentucky's new coach oughta be...former Stan Heath assistant Glynn Cyprien

Started by mathhog, March 26, 2009, 11:22:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

per the "brilliant" scoop jackson & skip bayless on espn 'first and ten'.

wow can you imagine that?  i always liked him when he was at the UofA, but seriously.... he's no coach cal.

WilsonHog

Quote from: mathhog on March 26, 2009, 11:22:03 am
per the "brilliant" scoop jackson & skip bayless on espn 'first and ten'.

wow can you imagine that?  i always liked him when he was at the UofA, but seriously.... he's no coach cal.

That would be the quickest way I'd know for the Kentucky AD to have his house fire-bombed.

donewithdale

snoblind

GoHogs1091

If Kentucky does not retain Billy Gillispie, and if Kentucky were to decide to promote a Gillispie Assistant (which more than likely won't happen), Kentucky would be better off promoting Jeremy Cox.  Cox can recruit and Cox can "flat out" coach.  Jeremy Cox guided UA Fort Smith to a Junior College National Championship, and Jeremy Cox was the Junior College National Coach of the Year.  Cox recruited Sonny Weems to UA Fort Smith.  Additionally, Cox recruited players out to Garden City, Kansas when Cox was the Head Coach out at Garden City, KS.  Cox had a .721 winning percentage while Head Coach at Garden City, KS.  Being able to recruit out to Garden City, KS, and having a .721 winning percentage out at Garden City, KS shows that Jeremy Cox can recruit and coach.  Garden City, KS is way out in Western KS, and there is not much out at Garden City, KS.  It is most likely a difficult location to recruit to, and to win at, but Cox was able to do both. 

If the UofA decides after next Season to make a Head Basketball Coach change, Jeremy Cox would be a coach that hopefully will be strongly considered.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/cox_jeremy00.html