Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If BCG gets axed by this weekend

Started by FelixJonesorDMAC?, March 26, 2009, 10:14:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixJonesorDMAC?

March 26, 2009, 10:14:23 am Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:16:08 am by FelixJonesorDMAC?
would it change Pels status for the future here at Arkansas?

What would you do?  and Why?

Discuss

Me personally, I think it could have a major impact either way, depending on how everybody reacts to BCG's firing if it happens.

WilsonHog

'Scuse me!!! 'Scuse me!!!

(Raises hand)

You cannot start a thread and ask your question in that manner.

It makes thirty-three cry.

grayhawg

IMO I think Kentucky looks at Billy Donavan first then Travis Ford, Pel is way down the list, if he is even on it.

LordStanleysHog

cdclark09

I think it has NO affect on Arkansas or Pel... I don't think they go after him and I don't think it makes us say "hey if KY can fire their coach after two years so can we."

I don't think we go after BG and I think it would be a bad idea if we did. 

I also, don't think they go after MA becasue I think they are going to look for a "Kentucky guy" whatever that means but again, I still don't think that is Pel by any means.

If they did go after Mike A, I don't think he would want to go either.  I think he is building something at MO and I don't think he wants to leave it yet. 

IMHO

WMHawgfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 26, 2009, 10:23:06 am
'Scuse me!!! 'Scuse me!!!

(Raises hand)

You cannot start a thread and ask your question in that manner.

It makes thirty-three cry.
are you going to trash can this thread or delete your own post for trashing other posters?  ;D

WilsonHog

Kentucky isn't going to go after Mike Anderson because their fans associate Mike with Nolan.

They didn't much care for Nolan. He was too rough around the edges for them, much as Billy Clyde is.

It's not just about winning at Kentucky; a coach must win with style and grace. Joe B. Hall did, Rick Pitino did, Tubby Smith did. Eddie Sutton and Billy Gillispie have not. John Calipari fits that mold, as does Billy Donovan and both Travis Ford and John Pelphrey (at the appropriate time in his career).     

WilsonHog

March 26, 2009, 11:11:25 am #7 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:16:44 am by WilsonHog
Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2009, 11:08:34 am
are you going to trash can this thread or delete your own post for trashing other posters?  ;D

I'll likely delete mine and yours both.

The quality of the dialogue has picked up here the last couple of days, and that is what I'm after.

I just cannot abide whiners.

Remember the "Sports Reporters?" It used to come on Sunday mornings on ESPN. Mike Lupica, Bob Ryan, a few others. Regardless of whether the viewer agreed with them or not, the dialogue was thought-provoking and at a high level.

That's what I want here.

chiefsfan

you really think that what kentucky does with their coach should impact what we do with ours?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

cdclark09

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 26, 2009, 11:30:27 am
you really think that what kentucky does with their coach should impact what we do with ours?

If so, JL should be fired. 

regi

After Pel's 2-15 showing this season, I don't think anything that happens in Lexington will affect his status at UA.

They can't hire a guy that just went 2-15 at the 2nd or 3rd best coaching job in the SEC. Unless he becomes their Gene Chizik.

Though we have a handful of basketball crazies, we are no where near as nuts about hoops as UK fans. Take crazed Bama football fans and multiply their crazies by 2. That is UK hoops baby. They are Nuts. Long want feel any pressure to keep up with UK bball and he should not.

Coach Pel should be out looking for a baby sitter/ personal trainer/ tudor for Fortson, Henry and Powell, because his future and Razorback Nation's future is tied to those guys.

pitbull1

I would almost be willing to bet that BCG is packing up his stuff today.

Beaverfever

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Beaverfever on March 26, 2009, 01:35:28 pm
I'd still take BCG.

I agree. Heck, at least BCG had his team in the NIT this year, in a tougher division. And maybe if Kentucky fires him, it'll motivate him to want to kick some arse.

donewithdale

I was not for BG coming here two years ago as much as many others were.  But, one thing he can do is recruit.  A guy I listed as a possible candidate two years ago that is benefitting from BG's recruiting is Mark Turgeon.  Doc Sadler also road BG's coattails at UTEP. 

WMHawgfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 26, 2009, 11:11:25 am
I'll likely delete mine and yours both.

The quality of the dialogue has picked up here the last couple of days, and that is what I'm after.

I just cannot abide whiners.

Remember the "Sports Reporters?" It used to come on Sunday mornings on ESPN. Mike Lupica, Bob Ryan, a few others. Regardless of whether the viewer agreed with them or not, the dialogue was thought-provoking and at a high level.

That's what I want here.
I'm not whining just being sarcastic (maybe just as bad). I've read where thirty three has been giving you a hard time so I thought I would rib ya a little about it.

WilsonHog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2009, 02:05:47 pm
I'm not whining just being sarcastic (maybe just as bad). I've read where thirty three has been giving you a hard time so I thought I would rib ya a little about it.

I know. I wasn't talking about you whining.

Hot_Town_Hog

Honestly it will not have any impact on us, but I do think this is it for BCG at KY.

If Cal shoots them down, T. Ford would be the only Coach with KY ties that would possibly have a shot at this point in time.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 26, 2009, 11:30:27 am

Anything is a possibility in this day and age.  Pelphrey is a Kentucky guy.  Im not saying he is even remotely on their radar, it's just a topic for discussion and good quality argument.  Nothing more, nothing less, don't turn it into something it's not.

lovetthog1

Wilson , do you think Pel will be here next year because finances ? If thats the case the only way the Kentucky thing effects us is if they go after Pel. Ha