Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta Braves 2013

Started by bsking, February 04, 2013, 03:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Atlanta Braves‏@Braves20h
LHP Jonny Venters met with Dr. James Andrews who administered a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injection in his left elbow this morning.

Atlanta Braves‏@Braves20h
Jonny will be shut down for a period of four weeks. After that, he will begin a throwing program.

OnTheHillHogFan

Another win tonight. 6 HRs for the team in two games...J-UP has 2 of those.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OnTheHillHogFan

Another win and another HR by J-Up

Also Medlen and Minor have the 1st and 3rd best era since the 2012 all star break. Kershaw has the second best.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

cubsfan5150

Cubs need to DFA Marmol.... screw that guy.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

AirForceHog

Somewhat weak opening schedule but the Braves are looking good at 6-1 and at the top of the NL East. Looking forward to that first series with the Gnats.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

OnTheHillHogFan

J-Up leads the league in HRs, K's, total bases and Slugging %

AirForceHog

The Braves will definitely be a give and take team this year. Strike outs galore but the HRs will be there too.

ucahogfan

Don't think we could have hoped to start the year better than this.  Back to back sweeps.  Now to take down the Nats.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

gutshot

I hope Gattis makes Braves officials reconsider the whole Bethancourt heir apparent to McCann thing.  I know it's early, but he looks like the real deal.  I haven't seen even the first hint of him acting like a star-struck rookie. 

bsking

Quote from: gutshot on April 11, 2013, 07:56:05 am
I hope Gattis makes Braves officials reconsider the whole Bethancourt heir apparent to McCann thing.  I know it's early, but he looks like the real deal.  I haven't seen even the first hint of him acting like a star-struck rookie. 

McCann better hit when he gets back or the "baby braves" will all be long gone...

jbell96

Even though they've not played a very tough schedule so far, Phillies, Cubs, Marlins, the Braves have done what they should do against those teams & that is destroy them. Coming from a Cardinals fan, you guys & the Nats are probably the teams to beat in the NL this year. And no this isn't a reverse jinx.

bsking

ucahogfan

HUGE series win against the Nats.  Just think what this lineup will be like when Heyward and BJ Upton get right and McCann comes back.

pigture perfect

This reminds me of the year that Horner, Murphy and the boys opened the year up 16-0 or something like that. Some of you guys might not have even been born yet, but that was a fun team to watch as well. Good win today.

gutshot

The Braves have held their own against Strasburg so far in his career. Gattis got on top of his fastball and ripped it over the bullpen. It seems like somebody different steps up as the hero every day. They are fun to watch right now.

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on April 13, 2013, 09:05:47 pm
The Braves have held their own against Strasburg so far in his career. Gattis got on top of his fastball and ripped it over the bullpen. It seems like somebody different steps up as the hero every day. They are fun to watch right now.
Strasburg is 3-4 in his career vs. the Bravos.  He wins at a .700+ clip against everyone else.  I think I heard yesterday that Huddy is 3-0 in head to head matchups with Strasburg.

bsking

ucahogfan

I think I know who will be #1 when the power rankings come out tomorrow.  Malholm has been much better than I thought.  Looks like Beachy will replace Teheran when he comes back.

JONAS

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 13, 2013, 06:37:16 pm
This reminds me of the year that Horner, Murphy and the boys opened the year up 16-0 or something like that. Some of you guys might not have even been born yet, but that was a fun team to watch as well. Good win today.

Braves started 13-0 in '82, and the Brewers started 13-0 in '87.  Braves ended up winning the NL West, and the Brewers finished 3rd in the AL East.

AirForceHog

Gattis or McCann? Who do you think should play? Obviously when McCann comes back.

bsking

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 14, 2013, 11:20:55 pm
Gattis or McCann? Who do you think should play? Obviously when McCann comes back.

I think McCann has to have a shot at it.  It is nice though.  There is always the platooning possibility.

gutshot

Quote from: bsking on April 15, 2013, 09:45:36 am
I think McCann has to have a shot at it.  It is nice though.  There is always the platooning possibility.

Yeah, Mac is still the 6 time All-Star, 5 Silver Slugger-holding starter until he proves he can't do it anymore.  Gattis could spend the rest of the season as the student, receiving some big league on-the-job-training...much like the Billy Wagner-Craig Kimbrell/Jonny Venters relationship from 2010. If he maintains a similar pace, he will surely be THE man behind the plate when Mac leaves after this season.  I can see Christian Bethancourt becoming a large component of a trade package.     

BigSexyHog

Quote from: gutshot on April 13, 2013, 09:05:47 pm

Wish I could see them more...  I am really happy to see the Braves playing well again.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: gutshot on April 15, 2013, 02:32:58 pm
Yeah, Mac is still the 6 time All-Star, 5 Silver Slugger-holding starter until he proves he can't do it anymore.  Gattis could spend the rest of the season as the student, receiving some big league on-the-job-training...much like the Billy Wagner-Craig Kimbrell/Jonny Venters relationship from 2010. If he maintains a similar pace, he will surely be THE man behind the plate when Mac leaves after this season.  I can see Christian Bethancourt becoming a large component of a trade package.   
Betancourt is still the catcher of the future.

Baseball Hog

Braves keep rolling.  J-Up keeps bombing.  This is a fun team to watch.

OnTheHillHogFan

Hit as many home runs(5) tonight as the Royals have all year.

OnTheHillHogFan

Well the streak has ended...lost 1-0 today to the Royals

Baseball Hog

Yeah, we're going to have games like that.  Too many guys eyeing the seats every AB.  Such a fun team to watch though.

ucahogfan

I think Justin Upton is loving every single minute of being out of Arizona.  And Chris Johnson is quietly leading the NL in batting average right now.  Once J-Hey and BJ get fully turned around, McCann and Freeman come back from injury, I'm scared to think about the type of offense we will throw out on the field.

Baseball Hog

If our offense continues on this pace we could see a historic team.  We can run 5 guys out there that are certainly sub 4 ERA, with 3 or 4 of them being maybe sub 3.  Match that with the best pen and closer in the bigs and this team may win a LOT of games.

ucahogfan

Well, it looks like we will be without J-Hey for a while as well as Freeman and McCann, our 3 big LH bats.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2013, 04:36:18 pm
Well, it looks like we will be without J-Hey for a while as well as Freeman and McCann, our 3 big LH bats.
Freeman is back in the lineup today, no restrictions as well. McCann should be back in the next 2 weeks.

ucahogfan

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 23, 2013, 04:40:29 pm
Freeman is back in the lineup today, no restrictions as well. McCann should be back in the next 2 weeks.
Dang, must have overlooked the Freeman thing.  More focused on JUpton and Gattis going deep yet again.  Anyone know how long J-Hey might be out after the appendectomy?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2013, 04:47:45 pm
Dang, must have overlooked the Freeman thing.  More focused on JUpton and Gattis going deep yet again.  Anyone know how long J-Hey might be out after the appendectomy?
I think they said it usually takes a few weeks. The only reason I knew about Freeman is because he is on my fantasy team ;D

ucahogfan

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 23, 2013, 07:06:47 pm
I think they said it usually takes a few weeks. The only reason I knew about Freeman is because he is on my fantasy team ;D
Do you also have JUpton?  Whoever does is extremely lucky.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2013, 09:28:11 pm
Do you also have JUpton?  Whoever does is extremely lucky.
Unfortunately I don't. The guy that did actually traded him last week.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2013, 04:47:45 pm

I read somewhere guys are usually ready to play when they are due to come off the DL with that surgery. I even read that in 2 cases, Matt Holiday and someone else, they didn't even go on the DL and were back playing in 7 days. I would imagine Heyward would be ready to play when his 15 days are up.

HROHog

I was lucky enough to get JUpton on my team. Also someone dropped McCann, and I was able to pick him up and stash him on my DL.

On a sad note today, I just read where Rick Camp passed away.

BigSexyHog

Bad weekend series for the Braves against the Tigers...  Didn't realize they have played so many road games to start the year...  It should pay off later with all those home games coming up.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

AirForceHog

I am really disappointed with the results of the Detroit series. I sure hope they can pick it up at home against the Nats. I would hate for the Braves to let them get close or the lead this week.

HROHog

Braves even it up. Lets go for 2 of 3!!!

ucahogfan

I vote we only play the Nats from here on out.  We have their number for so reason.  9 in a row going back to last year.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 30, 2013, 09:44:25 pm
I vote we only play the Nats from here on out.  We have their number for so reason.  9 in a row going back to last year.
And Gio Gonzales needs to pitch every game.

ucahogfan

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 30, 2013, 10:05:26 pm
And Gio Gonzales needs to pitch every game.
And Strasburg needs to close.

AirForceHog

Great game tonight by the former Diamondback players. Chris Johnson and Justin Upton came to play. McCann put a hurt on them as well. All around outstanding game for the Braves.

ucahogfan

Well, it looks like we will be on the market for a LHP setup guy with both Venters and O'Flaherty needing TJ.  Plus, Walden is on the DL.  Who would have thought our top 3 setup guys would be down at the same time?