Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Last Time we Lost 6 in a Row to A&M

Started by WilsonHog, September 23, 2017, 05:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

September 23, 2017, 05:29:49 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:44:02 pm by WilsonHog
John Tomlin was our coach and the Battle of the Bulge had yet to be fought.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WilsonHog

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 05:29:49 pm

Astounding. When we're digging into history like that to break records, something is wrong with the program.

Just for that, and your Battle of the Bulge reference, I'm going to raise a glass to the late Sgt Bill Fields of Bentonville—BoB veteran, grandfather of a former high school girlfriend, and Purple Heart recipient. There, I feel better already.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Arky

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 23, 2017, 05:34:47 pm
Astounding. When we're digging into history like that to break records, something is wrong with the program.

Just for that, and your Battle of the Bulge reference, I'm going to raise a glass to the late Sgt Bill Fields of Bentonville—BoB veteran, grandfather of a former high school girlfriend, and Purple Heart recipient. There, I feel better already.
no clue who the hell you're talking about........but I toast you regardless

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 05:29:49 pm

Tomlin was one of three wartime temporary coaches.  Fred Thomsen who had the 2nd longest tenure after JFB had been in decline throughout the later half of the 30's and there was a movement to sign Bear Bryant as his replacement then Pear Harbor happened, Thomsen left for the Army, his wife made the whole thing a public issue and the legislature passed a bill to pay Thomsen the difference between his Army salary and his coach's contract.  UK kept Bear and when General Neyland returned to reclaim Tennessee after the war Barnhill who had been UT's wartime coach got the HC and AD job in Fayetteville.