Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Following Bobby P

Started by snoot hoggy hog, September 25, 2017, 01:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

We was warned when Petrino was here that we would endure this mess. Kraghthorpe couldn't recover at U of L and the same seems to be happening with CBB. Atlanta was in a world of hurt after his early exit. Willie Taggert left Western Kentucky in good enough shape that a year with Bobby P didn't hurt it too bad.

Redhogs

September 25, 2017, 01:59:44 pm #1 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:32:15 pm by Redhogs
Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 25, 2017, 01:58:10 pm
We was warned when Petrino was here that we would endure this mess. Kraghthorpe couldn't recover at U of L and the same seems to be happening with CBB. Atlanta was in a world of hurt after his early exit. Willie Taggert left Western Kentucky in good enough shape that a year with Bobby P didn't hurt it too bad.
You cannot make this kind of stupidity up.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ShadowHawg

It is agreed that you had better not replace great coaches with average coaches.

HillBillyHogfan

Bobby Portis? One of my favorite razorbacks ever. Go Bulls!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

jcbville

While I, as much as anyone, like to make fun of the people that worship sweet Bobby jesus, I also have to honestly say that without question CBBs current issues have nothing to with Bobby Petrino or his screw ups.

userpick

Spikes

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 25, 2017, 01:58:10 pm

Cardinals finished the 2006 season with a 12-1 record, including a win in the Orange Bowl. After the win they were ranked 5th in the nation. Returning fourteen starters from their 2006 team, and including quarterback Brian Brohm. The team was picked by the Big East media, to finish second in the conference, and were ranked between five and 13 in various preseason polls.

That team was left with plenty of talent, the new coach just sucked.
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Hoginsavga

Quote from: userpick on September 25, 2017, 03:21:05 pm
yeah we was

Haha, I would hope some of our posters didn't attend or graduate from the U of A. If they did, that puts the English department on the same level as our current football program.

wachhog

Yep. Some of y'all done warned us, and warned us and warned us about that there Bobby.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: wachhog on September 25, 2017, 05:47:00 pm
Yep. Some of y'all done warned us, and warned us and warned us about that there Bobby.

I no, he done done it too us.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Spikes on September 25, 2017, 03:32:36 pm
Cardinals finished the 2006 season with a 12-1 record, including a win in the Orange Bowl. After the win they were ranked 5th in the nation. Returning fourteen starters from their 2006 team, and including quarterback Brian Brohm. The team was picked by the Big East media, to finish second in the conference, and were ranked between five and 13 in various preseason polls.

That team was left with plenty of talent, the new coach just sucked.

Correct.  Some people just like to ignore facts.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

lmao. that's the stupidest thing I have ever read. on Sept 25th 2017 it's STILL Petrinos fault that our current coach can't win.  jeez a lou
Let's make some waves.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 03, 2017, 11:06:21 am
lmao. that's the stupidest thing I have ever read. on Sept 25th 2017 it's STILL Petrinos fault that our current coach can't win.  jeez a lou

I think Petrino is a good coach that took us to new heights which i will always appreciate.  But he did take us to new lows too (well documented).  We were the laughing stock of the nation and that hurt big with recruits.  My biggest issue is that the anti-BB crowd likes to discuss his conf record regularly to suppurt he is a disaster.  That first year at Ark after JLS really impacts his record as a whole (I understand there are other factors).  However, the cupboard was extremely bare and that is sqarely on BP, any coach that steps into that mess is impacted 2-3 years and we were.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 07, 2017, 07:53:39 amHowever, the cupboard was extremely bare and that is sqarely on BP, any coach that steps into that mess is impacted 2-3 years and we were.

Why do we keep throwing this lie out?  We had a pretty good team coming back for 2012.  We had a pretty good defense in 2014 that was from Petrinos recruiting. Longs hire of Smiley hurt the program a lot more. There was a lot left to be competitive in the SEC.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 08:54:46 am
Why do we keep throwing this lie out?  We had a pretty good team coming back for 2012.  We had a pretty good defense in 2014 that was from Petrinos recruiting. Longs hire of Smiley hurt the program a lot more. There was a lot left to be competitive in the SEC.

Having a difference of opinion does not equal a lie.  I can agree that defensively we still had some guys but not on offense, we lost 'em all, tyler, hamilton, dj, gragg. Who filled their shoes?  However, you kinda made my point for me, why was Long even in a position to need to hire anyone?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 07, 2017, 09:41:22 am
Having a difference of opinion does not equal a lie.  I can agree that defensively we still had some guys but not on offense, we lost 'em all, tyler, hamilton, dj, gragg. Who filled their shoes?  However, you kinda made my point for me, why was Long even in a position to need to hire anyone?

2012 we had all of them. Long chose to put smiley in charge thinking we should be able to win at least 8 games with that team. He realized how bad of choice that was real quick.

2013 we lost a couple of games because of incompetent coaching. Not because of lack of talent.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 10:28:57 am
2012 we had all of them. Long chose to put smiley in charge thinking we should be able to win at least 8 games with that team. He realized how bad of choice that was real quick.

2013 we lost a couple of games because of incompetent coaching. Not because of lack of talent.

I just dont think you can have it both ways.  Your saying 2012 was jeff longs fault and 2013 was Bielemas poor coaching.  Im saying petrino created a crater in our program that was to blame for both even being a topic. Should JLS have won more games with that group, yes.  Should BB have been better than a goose egg that first year in sec play, yes.  But to suggest he came here with lots of talent especially on the offense is false.  We have some common ground but going to have to agree to disagree. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 07, 2017, 11:18:07 am
I just dont think you can have it both ways.  Your saying 2012 was jeff longs fault and 2013 was Bielemas poor coaching.  Im saying petrino created a crater in our program that was to blame for both even being a topic. Should JLS have won more games with that group, yes.  Should BB have been better than a goose egg that first year in sec play, yes.  But to suggest he came here with lots of talent especially on the offense is false.  We have some common ground but going to have to agree to disagree. 

Rutgers and Mississippi State his first year showed poor coaching and he has continued to do it for 5 years now.  It wasn't a fluke in year one when he is still doing the same thing in year 5.  That is coaching incompetence. 

grayhawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 11:29:48 am
Rutgers and Mississippi State his first year showed poor coaching and he has continued to do it for 5 years now.  It wasn't a fluke in year one when he is still doing the same thing in year 5.  That is coaching incompetence. 
This

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 11:29:48 am

We will go ahead and blame that first loss to Rutgers on Jeff long then.  Enjoy the game today.