Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In other news......

Started by azhog10, May 06, 2015, 08:28:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

I wasn't going to say much about it, but mhuff thought it was a good idea to share with you all since we all spend a lot of time busting eachother's chops. But I have been named the Head Coach at Paradise Honors High School. Will be my first Varsity Head Coaching gig for a high school. Looking forward to it, just may mean a little less time on here arguing with you fine people.

Hogg_Phan

Congrats and good luck to you and your kids.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

PonderinHog

Congrats and good luck!   :razorback:

jackflash

AZHog 10 best of luck with your new job

Big Nasty 34

mhuff

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 08:28:50 am
I wasn't going to say much about it, but mhuff thought it was a good idea to share with you all since we all spend a lot of time busting eachother's chops. But I have been named the Head Coach at Paradise Honors High School. Will be my first Varsity Head Coaching gig for a high school. Looking forward to it, just may mean a little less time on here arguing with you fine people.

Now coach we just discuss BB on HV..... no arguing    ;) ;)

azhog10

Quote from: mhuff on May 06, 2015, 08:42:10 am
Now coach we just discuss BB on HV..... no arguing    ;) ;)
We know the chances of that......

Hawg Red

Good luck and you know where to steer 'em if they're any good.

PonderinHog

We get all your 4 stars, right ???

TomBigBeeHog

Congrats! Good luck to you and may the odds ever be in your favor.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 06, 2015, 08:48:51 am
Good luck and you know where to steer 'em if they're any good.
That won't be anytime soon. But you know if I ever get one, this coach will definitely make sure he takes a look.

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 06, 2015, 08:48:58 am
We get all your 4 stars, right ???
I just need to convince Marvin Bagley to come over to the West Valley.......that's if he doesn't leave for a prep school.

hoglady

That's great news!!
Best of luck to you!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

snoblind

Congrats.

Where are you at?

Swinesong1

-Blu

Congrats Az!  That's great news man.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 08:52:53 am
I just need to convince Marvin Bagley to come over to the West Valley.......that's if he doesn't leave for a prep school.

Already recruiting, you'll fit in fine in high school sports.   8)

rude1

Congratulations. Now post video of your games so Hogville can give you coaching lessons on how best to prepare your team and use your players!!!!

chiti66

Adam Stokes

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2015, 10:16:11 am
Already recruiting, you'll fit in fine in high school sports.   8)
Ha, no more wishful thinking. But recruiting, especially in a metro as big as AZ is crazy. Seen it happen on a number of occaisions.

azhog10

Quote from: Adam Stokes on May 06, 2015, 11:40:19 am

That's it. Really small school for the metro, about 400-500 kids. It's a charter school so gives me a little more freedom than being part of a District with multiple high schools associated to it. The school is looking at building a new high school and go to 800. That's solid, but will never rival the schools out here that have over 3,000 kids.

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 11:46:05 am
Ha, no more wishful thinking. But recruiting, especially in a metro as big as AZ is crazy. Seen it happen on a number of occaisions.
Think cold cuts...   ;)

mhuff

Quote from: rude1 on May 06, 2015, 11:30:07 am
Congratulations. Now post video of your games so Hogville can give you coaching lessons on how best to prepare your team and use your players!!!!

Well that's just Rude...... Only a few of us have been given that privilege... ;) ;D Well maybe I am still waiting. Actually Azhog knows what he's doing. Too much advice and you get analysis paralysis.

azhog10

Quote from: rude1 on May 06, 2015, 11:30:07 am
Only for you and maybe Atl as I know he will give me constructive feedback.

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 06, 2015, 11:49:16 am
Think cold cuts...   ;)
We don't have a Harps, so we will have to settle for Fry's (west coast version of Kroger).

hawginbigd1

Congrats AZ! what type classification?

TomBigBeeHog

Style of play? Returning starters? Best player?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

azhog10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 06, 2015, 12:49:21 pm
Congrats AZ! what type classification?
Division 4. With 5 being the smallest.

Thepigdoctor

Congrats, good luck, and of course send 'em to the Hill if they can help!

azhog10

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on May 06, 2015, 02:27:58 pm
Style of play? Returning starters? Best player?
Well, as far as style it most folks know I played under Matt Zimmerman. That said, I also went to college and worked with Ric Wesley who is from the Jonny Orr coaching tree. So not exactly identical. We will run some early offense or secondary fastbreak with a motion style offense. Once they get the concepts of that, we will mix in some sets that I like to run in moments when the offense gets stagnant.

As far as returning players. Not sure exactly what they have. We will have 9 or so returning players, but from what I gathered from the AD and Principal two seniors were a bulk of their offense. Best player may not have even played last year. Have a lot of guards, I don't think they are just excellent guards but a lot of short kids that are decent. The football team has a couple lineman that are 6'5 and 6'8. I will be working hard to convince them to come out and at least help me protect the rim with 5 good fouls. The K-8 is apparently very large and it will be important that i get in there and keep those kids from going to other high schools. This charter school is a tough academic school so that sometimes plays a role, both good and bad.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 11:51:28 am
We don't have a Harps, so we will have to settle for Fry's (west coast version of Kroger).

So why will your players want to go to play for the Hogs without knowing what Petit Jean Meats are?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

azhog10

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 06, 2015, 02:38:25 pm
So why will your players want to go to play for the Hogs without knowing what Petit Jean Meats are?
That's why I stock up when I visit the family over christmas.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 11:50:48 am
Only for you and maybe Atl as I know he will give me constructive feedback.

Congratulations and good luck to you az. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

chiefhawg

You press too much. No you play too slow. Why isn't Joe playing more? That style will never work in this conference. Can't you teach Jimmy how to shoot  free throws?

Just getting you ready for what you already know is coming.

Congrats. I for one will miss reading your thoughts on Razorback basketball.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 02:34:22 pm
This charter school is a tough academic school so that sometimes plays a role, both good and bad.

Princeton offense? Could work. Once I figure it out, I'll PM you. But first, I think I'll grab another beer....

azhog10

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on May 06, 2015, 03:42:59 pm
Princeton offense? Could work. Once I figure it out, I'll PM you. But first, I think I'll grab another beer....
Ha. I ran the triangle last year with my JV team. It worked out okay, the biggest thing it taught them was good spacing and moving on every pass. Not sure I will do the same here, have to get a look at my personnel.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 03:46:10 pm
Ha. I ran the triangle last year with my JV team. It worked out okay, the biggest thing it taught them was good spacing and moving on every pass. Not sure I will do the same here, have to get a look at my personnel.

you mean you will adapt your strategy to fit the strengths and weaknesses of your team? My lord! Get MA on the phone.. We got a staff upgrade from right amongst us on Hogville. Just in time to rescue us from the dreaded rebuild too. Of course, this would make you the Dana Altman of HS basketball in AZ but you will always have a home here.  ;D

azhog10

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on May 06, 2015, 03:57:01 pm
you mean you will adapt your strategy to fit the strengths and weaknesses of your team? My lord! Get MA on the phone.. We got a staff upgrade from right amongst us on Hogville. Just in time to rescue us from the dreaded rebuild too. Of course, this would make you the Dana Altman of HS basketball in AZ but you will always have a home here.  ;D
Well to Mike's defense he is allowed to recruit to his system. I don't quite have that opportunity......But yes, it might have helped a small amount in the early years. But you pick your poison when you are rebuilding.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

k.c.hawg

Congratulations azhog.!!! Nothing better than to have the opportunity to mentor and make a big difference in a lot of young men's lives. May you share your knowledge and wisdom with impressionable young men and you all have a mutual enjoyment of the game you all love. Thank you for being a coach/educator and making a difference in the lives of our next generations. Wishing you all the success in the world!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

rzrbackramsfan

Awesome congratulations!  You probably have way more charisma than coach z!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 02:50:24 pm
That's why I stock up when I visit the family over christmas.

HAHA! Good job. Seriously congrats and Good Luck.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boarmonger

Good luck Az...I'm happy for you!

Kevin

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2015, 02:34:22 pm
Well, as far as style it most folks know I played under Matt Zimmerman. That said, I also went to college and worked with Ric Wesley who is from the Jonny Orr coaching tree. So not exactly identical. We will run some early offense or secondary fastbreak with a motion style offense. Once they get the concepts of that, we will mix in some sets that I like to run in moments when the offense gets stagnant.

As far as returning players. Not sure exactly what they have. We will have 9 or so returning players, but from what I gathered from the AD and Principal two seniors were a bulk of their offense. Best player may not have even played last year. Have a lot of guards, I don't think they are just excellent guards but a lot of short kids that are decent. The football team has a couple lineman that are 6'5 and 6'8. I will be working hard to convince them to come out and at least help me protect the rim with 5 good fouls. The K-8 is apparently very large and it will be important that i get in there and keep those kids from going to other high schools. This charter school is a tough academic school so that sometimes plays a role, both good and bad.

Go all Paul westhead on them
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

azhog10

azhog10

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 06, 2015, 07:21:15 pm
Awesome congratulations!  You probably have way more charisma than coach z!
I won't argue that. Although it's a really close race  8)

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!