Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Draft Express: Bobby Portis Scouting Report and Video

Started by Hawg Red, April 28, 2015, 10:46:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

latrops

"Opting to return to Arkansas for his junior season, Bobby Portis became one of the best players in the SEC en route to being named the SEC Player of the Year."

That's the first line.  Not a good start.

latrops

QuoteOverall, Portis may not project to have a high ceiling but his skill set suggests he should be able to find a spot in the league as a high-impact role player. He has enough offensive weapons to find ways to contribute offensive and his motor and physical tools should help him compete on the defensive side. If he continues to play with high energy, he'll be able to impact on both ends of the floor and find a home in a NBA rotation.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3YcXjVTdf
http://www.draftexpress.com

Sounds fair. 

Hawg Red

They have Bobby going #16 to the Celtics in their newest, first fully-detailed mock draft of "the season."

Paul

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2015, 12:11:27 pm
They have Bobby going #16 to the Celtics in their newest, first fully-detailed mock draft of "the season."
That would be great for BP.  I think the Celts are going places under Brad Stevens.

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: Paul on April 28, 2015, 01:05:34 pm
That would be great for BP.  I think the Celts are going places under Brad Stevens.

Celtics aren't drafting BP.

hoglady

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2015, 12:11:27 pm

I would LOVE that - lifelong Celtics fan.
I think they have one of the best young coaches in the league - it'll be fun to see what Stevens can do with some more talent.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Soooie21

April 30, 2015, 06:12:57 am #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:13:22 am by Soooie21
2nd round pick.

Soooie21

He is a nice college player and will be nothing but a role player at the next level.....

Hawg Red

Quote from: Soooie21 on May 01, 2015, 07:03:57 am
He is a nice college player and will be nothing but a role player at the next level.....

I largely agree, but role players are drafted in the 1st round every year. Most players drafted by the NBA amount to role players if they're lucky. So very few players ever amount to more than that when you consider everyone that's played an NBA game and the countless that couldn't make it there that were on the NBA radar.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on April 28, 2015, 01:34:12 pm
Celtics aren't drafting BP.
I've tried to figure it out for hours upon hours. Just tell me, man! Which one are you, Brad Stevens or Danny Ainge?

Nipsey Mussle

Soooie21

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 01, 2015, 09:25:47 am
I largely agree, but role players are drafted in the 1st round every year. Most players drafted by the NBA amount to role players if they're lucky. So very few players ever amount to more than that when you consider everyone that's played an NBA game and the countless that couldn't make it there that were on the NBA radar.

I agree, not saying he doesn't have the talent to make it to the next level..but if he is not a starter...10 year career is not bad..