Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench - Riches of NBA Still Don't Outweigh the Value of a Year in College

Started by Robert Shields, April 20, 2015, 10:22:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogfanshan on April 21, 2015, 11:59:56 am
I don't know Robert Shields. Have no idea who he is. I seldom agree with his writing. He often re-hashes and summarizes things that have been expressed in various posts on Hogville. Every now and then, there will be something that he writes with which I agree.

Often his writing just simply doesn't interest me. Sometimes I'll read half and decide it's not for me.

There are many opinions on what he writes...mostly negative.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why people take the time to post "Didn't Read" comments after he posts.

While I must admit some of the animations with the "Didn't Read" comments are quite amusing....I just don't understand why people would take the time to post "Didn't Read."

The_Iceman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 21, 2015, 11:57:13 am
Lol

Do you ever try to read but get so turned off by his writing after two lines (which would be a lengthy paragraph by RS' standards, according to Oatmeal) ? I used to do that but now just skip right down to see the hate.

I haven't read a single line of his articles since back when he first started.

bphi11ips

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 21, 2015, 12:18:28 pm
I haven't read a single line of his articles since back when he first started.

Rob posted "From the Bench" here for the first time on November 21, 2005.  You would have been about to get a driver's license about then, correct?

You joined Hogville on September 23, 2007.  Were you just lurking between 11/21/05 and 9/23/07, and if so, how did you resist the temptation to join just to post "Did not read"?

Did you read the line from Rob's post before you copied it to you're signature line?

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LSUFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 21, 2015, 03:36:39 pm
Rob posted "From the Bench" here for the first time on November 21, 2005.  You would have been about to get a driver's license about then, correct?

You joined Hogville on September 23, 2007.  Were you just lurking between 11/21/05 and 9/23/07, and if so, how did you resist the temptation to join just to post "Did not read"?

Did you read the line from Rob's post before you copied it to you're signature line?
Did not read
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Calling All Hogs

HOGINTENNESSEE

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Inhogswetrust

RyeHogFan

Genuine Mahawgony

"That's why I don't do the internet, Ernie. That's where fools go to feel important." - Charles Barkley

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I don't know Robert Shields. Have no idea who he is. I seldom agree with his writing. He often re-hashes and summarizes things that have been expressed in various posts on Hogville. Every now and then, there will be something that he writes with which I agree.

Often his writing just simply doesn't interest me. Sometimes I'll read half and decide it's not for me.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why people take the time to post "Didn't Read" comments after he posts.

While I must admit some of the animations with the "Didn't Read" comments are quite amusing....I just don't understand why people would take the time to post "Didn't Read."

Because it wouldn't be a true Robert shields article without the didnt read LOL's and all the hate comments.  Plus some people, quite a lot come to his article for the comments, they're great.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Agree.  Also, when DID the ''Didn't read'' gifs, etc EVER become amusing. 

Sheesh.  What a waste.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 21, 2015, 11:21:22 am
Wow!!  Never have read these comments after a RS article. Did he steal your wife or girlfriends?  Goodness, why the hate for RS?

Because GUV is currently not on the Board....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Mr. Porkleone

I love the humor Hogvillians punish Sheilds with. The one thing I got out of article was....

Why so many paragraphs. Also, you honestly think a kid will be better in life for staying one more year or getting paid millions for what he loves.

Robert....seriously, your a bafoon

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Insulting someone's intelligence while spelling "you're" and "buffoon" incorrectly.......priceless. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 26, 2015, 12:05:01 pm
^^^

Insulting someone's intelligence while spelling "you're" and "buffoon" incorrectly.......priceless.
Can't we just pretend those errors were a subtle jab at RS's writing?

Mr. Porkleone

Arthur pigby sellers.

I've honestly never gotten any good insight out of a Robert Shields article.  But the "did not read"gifs and comments totally make up for it.