Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Went to the Wisconsin vs Michigan Game in Madison Today

Started by Albert Swinestein, November 18, 2017, 05:08:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Swinestein

Interesting day in Madison.

* Wisconsin is a good team, but I cannot see the similarity in them and what Bielema has created at Arkansas
* Wisconsin line seems bigger AND more athletic than what Bielema has recruited
* Wisconsin defense seems quicker and faster than Arkansas and they seem to be in the right place at the right time.  Well coached.
* Great campus in neat city.  Huge school that is part of their downtown scene.  Snowed overnight, but melted mid morning...got warm in the middle of all those people
* I met a lot of people that stopped me (Razorback jacket) and asked if I thought Bielema was getting fired
* I know it is not PC, but a couple mentioned his drinking issues while he was there
* Interestingly, I saw two Razorback fans in security going into the stadium.  One had a sign taken away that referred to Bielema as he tried to enter the stadium with it.  They were from NE Arkansas.
* I am going to the Green Bay Packers game against Baltimore tomorrow at Lambeau

By the way, these raw cheese curds are disgusting.  I am still gagging as I think about them.

longpig

Cheeseheads saying Bert drinks too much says a lot. That place is the binge drinking capital of the world.
Don't be scared, be smart.

IMABIELEMA

Wisconsin doesn't stand a chance against Alabama/Auburn or Clemson.  They may beat the 4th team in the playoff.

WPS007

Quote from: longpig on November 18, 2017, 05:14:30 pm
Cheeseheads saying Bert drinks too much says a lot. That place is the binge drinking capital of the world.
This, Whisky people can put it away

jrhardy88

I hope he doesn't have a drinking problem but I've tasted those vile cheese curds and you gotta wash the taste out with something.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Martygit

Cheese curds are really good - you must have gotten some spoiled ones
RIP OTR, REV

Wolfpride

I went to a Boy Scout camp this summer in Wisconsin.  I was dogged about CBB.  But, the "fried cheese curds" that I had were delicious.  So much so that I bought some cheese and made them at home.  Whole family loved them!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

Martygit

I go to northern Wisconsin every summer - always bring home cheese curds
RIP OTR, REV

Bardicer

If you drink, I would recommend trying spotted cow. 

go hogues

Quote from: Bardicer on November 18, 2017, 06:30:50 pm
If you drink, I would recommend trying spotted cow. 
This!

Wisconsin is so similar to Arkansas in many ways but where it stops is the drinking. It's regular for there to be towns of 2,500 people and six or seven bars.

Quote from: MartinGit on November 18, 2017, 06:17:57 pm
I go to northern Wisconsin every summer - always bring home cheese curds

Northern WI is awesome in the summer!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Chalupa Batman

Fried cheese curds are awesome, but I wish Wiscy would have kept CBB.  ;D

pigture perfect

I am a fan of the squeaky cheese curds. That's how you know they are fresh. I love them fried. I'm in Wisconsin 3 Times a year on business. I've got a couple of cheese factories I buy directly from. All kinds of cheese, but my favorite is habanero Muenster. And I hope Bielema goes back there.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

010HogFan

Wisconsin has always been Wisconsin in terms of how they play, Bielema just happened to be there.