Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing to be Gained by Firing him Tomorrow

Started by WilsonHog, November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgthog

The only thing you lose by firing him now is the verdict in the court of public opinion. That said, let the putz finish this awful season. Maybe they'll win one for Coach B and only one huge spot in the rivalry trophy case will remain empty.

hawgon

Nothing to be gained?  How about our dignity? 

Jek Tono Porkins

Let him have his day. It's not like we're going to a bowl anyway. He hasn't produced acceptable on-field results but he was the head hog for five years and cleaned up the off-field issues. He deserves a little respect for that.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

go hogues

Quote from: 247Hog on November 18, 2017, 03:16:54 pm
100% agree.

He's gone. Show a tiny bit of class and let him leave with the seniors.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 18, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
I disagree. By firing him now you send a message to your fan base that this isn't acceptable anymore. I also feel that there are a lot of apathetic fans that would show up Friday if they new a change was made. Might even see our coordinators call a different game without Bert. Couldn't be any worse

I agree with this. It's may just get more butts in the stands.

Pig Worshipper

Yes, let him finish out with the team. It will all be over soon enough.

rizzohoghead

Call a press conference for Monday announce that the Mizzou game is the last game for CBB. The end..

smb

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.
This is pure BS Fire him Now!!! Dilly! Dilly!
GeorgiaHOG

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 18, 2017, 03:27:46 pm
I think we get a headstart on the new coach by firing today.

I don't think that we need that to get started on a new coaching search and I believe that the search is already underway.
Go Hogs Go!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 18, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
Totally disagree. A LOT will be gained by firing him now b/c a whole lot of skittish Hog fans STILL think Bert can save his job. Fire him now and we'll have a better crowd for next week, i bet ya.

Obviously nothing is a certainty, but I would bet my 2018 income that he's fired. If we have fans who are skittish, that's on them.

The Pulse

I could see him running his mouth win or lose. I'd like to not give him that opportunity.

menehune

Quote from: hawgon on November 18, 2017, 04:36:19 pm
Nothing to be gained?  How about our dignity? 

Our???  We're fans, not players or coaches. If our dignity's tied up in whether or not our coach stays or is fired from the last game of the season who will be gone win or lose, we're pathetic!

Wants2Win

Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.
how about we start taking some steps to end this dumpster fire instead? fire him now.

Athog

Total agreement!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 18, 2017, 05:47:31 pm
how about we start taking some steps to end this dumpster fire instead? fire him now.

That's part of what last week was about, no?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 18, 2017, 04:34:03 pm
Shoat, if you let BB coach them 1 more game the message that you are sending is "we don't give a damn about you" not the other way around! Without BB on the sidelines we "might" actually have a chance to win.

I agree, nothing to be gained by firing him tomorrow, do it tonight and have an extra day to get ready for Missouri!
Again, Bull shart.

You can tell who actually played beyond Jr High in threads like this.  Who actually had to go through losing a coach, even one who needed to go.

Those kids LOVE him.  They RESPECT him.  You can bet your arse they want him to be there on Sr Day and it would be one of the crappiest things in the world to take that away from them AND him just to be a bunch of petty shitbirds.

He's gone.  Be happy about it and support the players.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wants2Win

Wants2Win

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 05:49:46 pm
Again, Bull shart.

You can tell who actually played beyond Jr High in threads like this.  Who actually had to go through losing a coach, even one who needed to go.

Those kids LOVE him.  They RESPECT him.  You can bet your arse they want him to be there on Sr Day and it would be one of the crappiest things in the world to take that away from them AND him just to be a bunch of petty shitbirds.

He's a loser. How about we try sending them out with a win.....

jgphillips3

I agree there is no practical or tactical advantage in firing him until after Mizzou.  It could potentially make a 15k+ difference in attendance for the Mizzou game though.  Seniors will have a much smaller crowd if he is still on the sidelines.  But hey, if they would rather have him than a packed house, I don't mind giving them that.

Pig_Lebowski

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 18, 2017, 05:52:37 pm
How about we send you somewhere.

All you "memememe" fans suck.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Oliver

I've endured 5 excruciating years watching Bielema football.  I can wait another 6 days

LZH

I haven't read the entire thread, sorry. But if he announced his resignation at the beginning of next week (Tuesday?): he not only could say he was going to take a break and spend time with family, but the players who obviously like him may go all out and to try to win one for their coach. I could definitely see this happening.

Lard

we don't have to wait until January 1 for the buyout to decrease and for us to fire him.  We could put him on suspended leave with pay until then then fire him on January 2nd or we could reassign him (not sure if his contract prohibits this explicitly or not) but anyways we are close enough to January 1 that the buyout will get negotiated to something close to the January 1 number. 

That being said, let him coach his last game and tell his seniors goodbye. 
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

LZH

I went back and saw some of these posts, there are too many [CENSORED] idiots on this board.

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 05:55:59 pm
And that's fricking stupid.  Stop trolling.
He's everything you wished for, and more..

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on November 18, 2017, 06:07:27 pm
Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 05:55:59 pm
And that's fricking stupid.  Stop trolling.
He's everything you wished for, and more..
He's everything you've wished for......and more.

jkstock04

I get the feeling people think this is going to be some sort of fairy tale thanks for the memories type of game where we all of the sudden play like the #1 team in the nation and everyone is happy.

Comical. Mizzou is going to be a nightmare of a matchup for our team the way they are playing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RebHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 04:26:21 pm
Bull shart.

Our fans will skip out because they don't want to watch us lose.  This isn't about the coach, it's about the fragile egos of the segment of the fanbase who build their sense of identity on winning and losing.

Nothing is gained except by Mizzou and a few "me" fans who don't like the coach.

He's gone after the Mizzou game, at some point when it makes sense.  Patience and honoring our Sr's, Bret's Sr's, is what's called for.

Right so the game should sell out and everyone should cheer like nothing is wrong in your pee brain thoughts.....We put a team on the field guys that is the victory!!!!!! This guy LOL. I am in the camp you waited this long no point in doing it now let him sink with this sorry ship that dumb shoat is proud of.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 18, 2017, 05:52:37 pm

The problem with your theory is that some of our players said today that they were trying to win today for Bielema.

Oliver

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 18, 2017, 06:09:35 pm
I get the feeling people think this is going to be some sort of fairy tale thanks for the memories type of game where we all of the sudden play like the #1 team in the nation and everyone is happy.

Comical. Mizzou is going to be a nightmare of a matchup for our team the way they are playing.

Sure it will.  But the seniors will probably play their best for Bielema.  Bielema will want them to win their last game.  And Bielema won't be able to get out of his own way again. 

Just let it happen.  Cheers to Bret's departure after the game and then see what the future holds

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 18, 2017, 06:09:35 pm

I don't think it will be a fairytale ending. 

But the players deserve to play one more time for the coach who brought them here.  Let him go out with class.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig_Lebowski

"You have bled with Bielema, now bleed with me." Tim Horton

RebHog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 06:13:44 pm
The problem with your theory is that some of our players said today that they were trying to win today for Bielema.

This there is no point to make a move now he is a "players" coach and they like him and I think he really cares for his players. At this point just let this dumpster fire flame out and smolder wish him well can his ass after the last game. Only if waiting cost you the coach you want at this point its unnecessary.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: RebHog on November 18, 2017, 06:10:55 pm
Right so the game should sell out and everyone should cheer like nothing is wrong in your pee brain thoughts.....We put a team on the field guys that is the victory!!!!!! This guy LOL. I am in the camp you waited this long no point in doing it now let him sink with this sorry ship that dumb shoat is proud of.
The game should sell out because they are Razorbacks.  They, particularly the Srs, have fought and bled and worked and won and lost for the RIGHT to be supported.  It's a damn shame a bunch of folks who claim to be Razorback fans won't be there to send them out the right way.

Sorry that's too much for your fanhood...

All Gas, No Brakes!

Wild Bill Hog

Unfortunate that they were forced instead to try to win in spite of Bert.

jgphillips3

They must have been the defensive players that showed up for the first time all season.  Not much sign of life on offense.

jkstock04

Quote from: Oliver on November 18, 2017, 06:23:41 pm
Sure it will.  But the seniors will probably play their best for Bielema.  Bielema will want them to win their last game.  And Bielema won't be able to get out of his own way again. 

Just let it happen.  Cheers to Bret's departure after the game and then see what the future holds
Lol ok. Just saying Mizzou has been on fire throwing up 50-60 points/game. That doesn't exactly sound like a fond fairly farewell to Bielema but perhaps y'all are a glutton to punishment.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LZH

Everyone in the entire civilized world knows he is gone. Let him make a nice parting statement this week and coach the Missouri game, that way he could go out with some grace.

Justagp

Quote from: hoglady on November 18, 2017, 03:34:22 pm
Well - if he's there I hope attendance will be better.

I think more fans would show up if he wasn't there.
Watching TN - LSU in Knoxville - the fans are out for TN.

hogninja

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 18, 2017, 05:47:31 pm

Extinguish the fire and haul that garbage away.    I'm ready for a new start......and I suspect man of the players are too.

elksnort

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 05:49:46 pm
Again, Bull shart.

How do you know that they love and respect him?

jkstock04

Quote from: LZH on November 18, 2017, 06:36:37 pm
Everyone in the entire civilized world knows he is gone. Let him make a nice parting statement this week and coach the Missouri game, that way he could go out with some grace.
IF he makes it past Monday (which I'm not 100% convinced he will) let's remember this thread come Friday afternoon and see if there are truly warm and fuzzies about the game...and him coaching it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Deep Shoat

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 06:38:22 pm
How do you know that they love and respect him?
Because I know them.  Some of their parents, some of the players. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 18, 2017, 06:41:05 pm
IF he makes it past Monday (which I'm not 100% convinced he will) let's remember this thread come Friday afternoon and see if there are warm and fuzzies about the game.
Warm fuzzies on a stupid message board don't matter.

The kids who are out there playing their butts off matter.

If more of our "fans" realized that, the world would be a better place.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 06:42:49 pm
Warm fuzzies on a stupid message board don't matter.

The kids who are out there playing their butts off matter.

If more of our "fans" realized that, the world would be a better place.
Playing their butts off huh? Lol seems legit. I've seen more piss poor effort this season than I've ever seen my entire life watching the Hogs play.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

okrazorback

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 04:26:57 pm
Exactly what damage could he do?  Lose a game? 

It will make a difference to our new coach. It will give him a chance to start recruiting.

Quote from: RebHog on November 18, 2017, 06:10:55 pm
I would just like to be sure he is gone

lakecityhog

Shoat, you can bet your ass that there are kids like TJ, WG, BW and others that don't love him or respect him. People have tried to blame the 2nd half collapses on "lack of leaders on the team" but it was that the HC lost the team.