Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Physical unprepared.

Started by MrKlem10, November 18, 2017, 03:04:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

Weak, slow, big, soft, injury prone....

Lack of off season control...

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

bigdogbitting

Are you seriously criticizing Moe, Larry, and Curly for lack of preperation or motivation. How wude.

247Hog

It's been said over and over and im going to say once more..not to inform others but to vent. WTH is our strength and conditioning coach's goals? I'd say it if Saban was our coach this season but i've never seen so many hogs on the ground from injuries. I'm not talking about torn ACL and such but just getting whipped and laying on the turf from it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

elksnort

OtterHog

Quote from: 247Hog on November 18, 2017, 03:14:53 pm
It's been said over and over and im going to say once more..not to inform others but to vent. WTH is our strength and conditioning coach's goals? I'd say it if Saban was our coach this season but i've never seen so many hogs on the ground from injuries. I'm not talking about torn ACL and such but just getting whipped and laying on the turf from it.

We get cheesy offseason hype videos showing them lift all this weight, then we get pushed around like pop warner players. So hell if I know.

BoogaHog

See my tag line quote.  Been ranting for 5 years.  Lou Holtz + 4th Quarter at O Dark Hundred = Fit, Mentally Tough, Want to Finish Fighters.

HeyHogs

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

_Hamlet_

I personally know the workout regiment is poor.  Players who are in prime condition coming into the program lose weight and become fragile due to inadequate strength training and physical pressure.  Body by Herb is a freakin joke. Would honestly prefer him gone before CBB.

elksnort

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 05:45:56 pm
I personally know the workout regiment is poor.  Players who are in prime condition coming into the program lose weight and become fragile due to inadequate strength training and physical pressure.  Body by Herb is a freakin joke. Would honestly prefer him gone before CBB.
please elaborate because I think they look slow and sluggish

hoggusamoungus

I prepare for my physical by not eating or drinking after midnight.

3kgthog

One on one play on the field and results at the combine say Herb is a meathead moron.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 05:47:55 pm
please elaborate because I think they look slow and sluggish

There are two different groups of guys who come into our program. 1) those who have natural skill, natural ability, height, weight, and speed; and then, 2) those who are also gifted but have had to work their tail off to perform at the level they are at. 

For the number 2 players their workout schedule was so strict and the individual so disciplined that when they come to the U of A, their actual workout routine is reduced resulting in loss body mass, built up skill, and technique.

For example, a workout now might consist of stretching for 1 hr, doing 2 or 3 lifts, and then stretching for another hour. If time is cut short then the lifting is cut short. Not only does this hurt both type of men but is a huge detriment to the men who have worked for success until this point in their football career.

For the number 1 players, anything is helping them because most of them have never been required to lift, train, or create a form of discipline. A way to distinguish these two groups of men is by who comes into the program and is increasing in max weight lifts and body mass, and then who is not.

Piggfoot

It requires personal  motivation Remember Spaight ?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 18, 2017, 06:01:29 pm
One on one play on the field and results at the combine say Herb is a meathead moron.

See comment above for reference but the two groups of guys who come into the program are both hurt by the lack of physical training and conditioning in the program. Men with natural talent don't perform well in the HS combines because they are even with the other guys competing but send the same guy to two different schools (AR and Bama/TX A and M/Oklahoma) those men have developed on their natural abilities where our men have not.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 18, 2017, 06:15:06 pm
It requires personal  motivation Remember Spaight ?

Sure but that is not a measurable skill. You cannot quantify motivation.

Pigsknuckles

We were dropping like Gus's boys. The one that flopped on the SEC logo right in front of the ref made me grimace.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GoHogs1091

A combined 2 wins and 13 losses against Texas A&M, Auburn, and Mississippi State.

Herbert stands around on the sideline like he is some big shot.

Hogwarrior

Hmmm!  Interesting!  I like the category 1 and category 2 post but I would add this.  Some of these young men who came to UA as 4* athletes with good speed don't look like they still have speed.  Herb is good at body sculpturing but he hasn't done squat in the categories of speed and quickness.  It is also obvious he hasn't done squat with FB strength.  There's a difference in FB strength and body sculpting strength and this team shows it!  They all look good on the beach as long as they don't have to run from a wave or crab but they are as fragile as toilet paper!  Oh well, only one more week!  Heads up!

rude1

What you mean? Bodies by Herb is the best in the conference. Just think I dared got roasted for having concerns with how we were training, adding mass to players making them slower and still not much stronger.

Hogwarrior

Quote from: rude1 on November 18, 2017, 07:01:21 pm
What you mean? Bodies by Herb is the best in the conference. Just think I dared got roasted for having concerns with how we were training, adding mass to players making them slower and still not much stronger.

Well, not to blow my cover, but there are some REAL geniuses on HV.  Anyone who couldn't see the lose of speed the longer these young men stayed in the program were kidding themselves! I played D2 ball and even there, RBs, DBs and WRs did NOT have the same regimen as LBs and linemen!  They didn't want to hurt our speed with bulk! 

Wardhog85

The problem is we bulk everyone up. We choose size over speed and explosiveness. Take Agim for example. Pretty sure he played at about 260 in high school. I remember bielema bragging that he was "already up to 295" before last season started. Why in the hell would that be a good thing? You're taking away what makes him special by adding all they weight. We got all these guys who squat 600+, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't move

hawgXi

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 18, 2017, 06:59:20 pm
Hmmm!  Interesting!  I like the category 1 and category 2 post but I would add this.  Some of these young men who came to UA as 4* athletes with good speed don't look like they still have speed.  Herb is good at body sculpturing but he hasn't done squat in the categories of speed and quickness.  It is also obvious he hasn't done squat with FB strength.  There's a difference in FB strength and body sculpting strength and this team shows it!  They all look good on the beach as long as they don't have to run from a wave or crab but they are as fragile as toilet paper!  Oh well, only one more week!  Heads up!

A lotta good points made on this thread.

I'd suugest the "body sculpting by herb" has also contibuted directly to our 4th quarter flops & physical injury plague.

I also suspision a lack of cardio & stamina training

pignatious

It was absolutely beyond ridiculous today. Player hurt on damn never every play in the 4th. Crazy. Lack of physical and mental preparation is glaring. This program needs an enema!
Freedom is never free.

Rzback

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 05:45:56 pm
Yep, he needs to be gone when the BB goes
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

SultanofSwine

When the lights come on the Fritos come out

STLhawg

Herb is beyond horrible!  I am SO ready for him to be gone.

hawgtime

Quote from: HenduHog on November 18, 2017, 03:05:16 pm
Been saying this for 2 years.

me too.  our players don't get better, they get slower, bigger and maybe stronger.

let's get a coach and light a fire before the recruiting is lost for this season!!!

IronHog

S&C is horrible. Was roasted years ago for saying that but it's obvious now.

If Brooks Ellis had stayed one more year he woulda ran backwards.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

MNHogFan

I have always thought Bret could  double for Curly of the The Stooges

micali

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 03:16:33 pm
Physically.

It's an adverb.
saw that but didn't want to be the grammar natzi of the post. Congrats

jackflash

their is speed on this club just not enough.  to me the biggest problem are not enough DL or true LB