Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema on Kelley

Started by TebowHater, September 23, 2017, 03:17:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpc

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on September 23, 2017, 04:12:01 pm
AA is limited by his height, which is why we aren't able to throw crossing routes over the middle to keep opposing teams from constantly bringing their LBs in to rush.

But AA just lead two fourth quarter scoring drives.  It should have been enough. 

He's driving the car fine right now, it's not his fault the tire came off on the final lap.
Did you watch the final lap? He threw an interception in the end zone right into triple coverage - it kinda was his fault.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on September 23, 2017, 03:39:48 pm
Ark is 0-6 with the Allen brothers at QB. on the last play it was a WR wide open running in the corner & Allen never saw him.. When he stepped up in the pocket today he threw 2 pretty passes. When he went back it was trouble all day... I'm all for just letting Cole Kelley take all reps from this point out if for nothing else just to get him ready..
Which route?

KennyForAD

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on September 23, 2017, 03:39:48 pm
Ark is 0-6 with the Allen brothers at QB. on the last play it was a WR wide open running in the corner & Allen never saw him.. When he stepped up in the pocket today he threw 2 pretty passes. When he went back it was trouble all day... I'm all for just letting Cole Kelley take all reps from this point out if for nothing else just to get him ready..

He is not a very good QB.   Everyone knows it.  This has always been a problem at Arkansas.  When I was there in the 80's they gave 'Friend of the Program' schollies to kids who where in no way D1 players.  We don't do that anymore, but our boosters still care more about what the Hogs can do for them than what they can do for the Hogs.   If Allen were from Florida, he would not be our starter.  How it is

RazorPiggie

LumberBacks

Quote from: jcbville on September 23, 2017, 05:25:31 pm
Cole Kelley will be awesome. I hope anyway. But he would look worse than you think AA looks now if you put him in with the issues we have. Its not going to magically fix the problems. Fix the actual problems and AA looks all pro.
From what little I've seen, CK is not particularly mobile.  He IS NOT Nick Fitzgerald.  AA has faster, quicker wheels and still can't escape the D linemen that is own line can hold for a few seconds.  CK may have a stronger arm and ability to see the field better b/c of his height, but until this horrible O line gets better, CK is going to get sacked like AA.  I can't believe that we are that under-talented on the O line that we can't give a QB a few seconds.  Starting a true freshman walk on is telling ... it tells that these coaches have not developed the highly recruited lettermen sitting on the bench.  Arkansas has fired assistants for less performance of their group than Anderson's line.  His time is overdue.