Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the commitment to winning?

Started by JOKERHOG, July 22, 2017, 06:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 07:36:20 pm
Any coach with a 10-22 record in the SEC would be on the hot seat. I think Vandy and Kentucky might put their coaches on the hot seat. However, Coach Bret is media friendly in Arkansas and he followed up John L. Smith.

The 10-22 record is the second worst amongst active coaches in their first four years. We are ahead of Kentucky.

Correct, LR1200.  No exactly showing a commitment to winning.  Most get lost in their agenda and don't even remember the original post. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:37:32 pm
You go get what fits your system and make it happen.  Joe was going to USC-W and Tyler was going to Tulsa.  Mallett look at us because of BP's system.  Nothing falls in your lap in this world, you make it happen.

Would love to see you with the headset on leading this team for the last 4 years.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:44:11 pm
Would love to see you with the headset on leading this team for the last 4 years.

I don't claim to be a coach so what is your point?  ROI not been too good on the $4mill annual salary - that is not really debatable.

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:48:43 pm
I don't claim to be a coach so what is your point?  ROI not been too good on the $4mill annual salary - that is not really debatable.

But you claim to now how to properly run a program?

Look I respect your opinion. I do. It's frustrating to have an end to a season like we did last year. But don't let yourself down due to inflated opinions of what you think Arkansas football should be.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:39:42 pm
Correct, LR1200.  No exactly showing a commitment to winning.  Most get lost in their agenda and don't even remember the original post.

Too many on defending the record. Nobody is against Bret but the record is terrible. It would be unacceptable at most SEC schools not named Arkansas.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:50:19 pm

Look I respect your opinion. I do. It's frustrating to have an end to a season like we did last year. But don't let yourself down due to inflated opinions of what you think Arkansas football should be.

Do you think the record should be better than 10-22?

AirWarren

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 07:50:26 pm
Too many on defending the record. Nobody is against Bret but the record is terrible. It would be unacceptable at most SEC schools not named Arkansas.

It's who we are. We have been an average at best program for as long as most can can remember.

What makes you think we will just all of the sudden wake up and be Alabama?

AirWarren

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 07:51:50 pm
Do you think the record should be better than 10-22?

Of course I do. It's a nasty and disgusting record to look at. But name a time we have just absolutely wrecked shop in the SEC?

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:48:43 pm

Well, those that make the decisions, and I'm not talking about Long, seem to think it's not the time to sell. As I told you above, you'll have your answer in two years.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:50:19 pm

I expect commitment to winning from the top down and I don't see it.  Yes, that is very frustration.  I am not happy with a participation trophy.  Sorry if that is not a popular opinion.  I have lived thru the end of Broyles tenure, Holtz and more recent success.  It can be done here. The 1977-1978 year, we finished #3 in football, #3 in basketball and #2 in baseball.  I don't expect that all the time but i expect to get a sniff every now and then.  We are dead in the water right now. 

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:55:33 pm
I expect commitment to winning from the top down and I don't see it.  Yes, that is very frustration.  I am not happy with a participation trophy.  Sorry if that is not a popular opinion.  I have lived thru the end of Broyles tenure, Holtz and more recent success.  It can be done here. The 1977-1978 year, we finished #3 in football, #3 in basketball and #2 in baseball.  I don't expect that all the time but i expect to get a sniff every now and then.  We are dead in the water right now. 

Baseball was in '79.

Wildhog

He'll be gone after next year so whatever.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:55:33 pm

The broyles era is dead in the water. That was when football was played when teams looked like mountain home and Sheridan out there.

Whole different animal with kids that are bigger, faster, and stronger. Totally different landscapes.

ricepig

Letsroll1200

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:52:51 pm
Of course I do. It's a nasty and disgusting record to look at. But name a time we have just absolutely wrecked shop in the SEC?

Im not asking to wreck shop but lets see some progress. This season Arkansas has to get to 9 wins.

JOKERHOG

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 07:57:25 pm
He'll be gone after next year so whatever.

Not sure we will be that lucky but I am definitely on board.  Would take my chances with just about anybody else. 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Letsroll1200

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:52:11 pm
It's who we are. We have been an average at best program for as long as most can can remember.

What makes you think we will just all of the sudden wake up and be Alabama?

Houston and Bobby where better than average.

AirWarren

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 07:59:24 pm
Im not asking to wreck shop but lets see some progress. This season Arkansas has to get to 9 wins.

To you they do. As long as we have a winning season, get ready to see Bret lead the team for another year. Unless you and broyles era joker lead the way in ponying up the buyout money.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:02:58 pm
To you they do. As long as we have a winning season, get ready to see Bret lead the team for another year. Unless you and broyles era joker lead the way in ponying up the buyout money.

bcs bowl in 2010 and top five finish in 2011 aren't broyles era.  It can be done here with the proper leader.

ricepig

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:02:58 pm

Without the huge buyout, BB might be making more progress.  What incentive does he have? 

JOKERHOG

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:04:38 pm
And it doesn't mean anything now, either.

It means a lot.  The "little ole arky will never win" crowd is discredited by this, the mid 90's in  basketball, van horn's multiple trips to omaha and 2010 and 2011 in football.

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:04:30 pm
bcs bowl in 2010 and top five finish in 2011 aren't broyles era.  It can be done here with the proper leader.

So, just get a new leader every 4 years until you find one?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:08:22 pm
It means a lot.  The "little ole arky will never win" crowd is discredited by this, the mid 90's in  basketball, van horn's multiple trips to omaha and 2010 and 2011 in football.

We cant win on thst level. Bobby P thought and proved it could be done. I have no doubt Bobby P was going to beat Bama. No doubt!!

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:08:22 pm

Not really, SWC records have absolutely zero to do with our SEC days. Again, you're wasting your time on here, get out your banner to fly at suite level for the TCU game if you wish to have change, although right now, they aren't interested.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:09:07 pm

Yup. That's the commitment. At first you don't succeed. Try try again.

No SEC titles with nutt. None with Bobby. And probably none with Bret. Should be used to it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 08:12:13 pm
We cant win on thst level. Bobby P thought and proved it could be done. I have no doubt Bobby P was going to beat Bama. No doubt!!

But he didn't. And we still lack an SEC title.

ricepig

Sure we can, it takes more patience then you possess.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:09:07 pm

Find the one that can win here that has the "it" factor.  You know pretty quickly whether they have it or not.  Nolan barely survived year two but rolled with momentum after that and made final four year five (april 1990 in Denver). 

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:06:06 pm
Without the huge buyout, BB might be making more progress.  What incentive does he have?

You think this guy goes to sleep at night thinking man I love my coaching life right now? After what he left at Wisconsin?

Keep dreaming. His mouth is too big to be an SEC whipping boy and be complacent. The stupid buyout protection crap is weak.

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:14:44 pm
Find the one that can win here that has the "it" factor.  You know pretty quickly whether they have it or not.  Nolan barely survived year two but rolled with momentum after that and made final four year five (april 1990 in Denver).

Who has the It factor? Please. List me their names.

thebignasty

I think this is worse than little ole arky

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:14:44 pm

And, maybe those coaches were just the luck of the draw, for every Nolan/BP, you have a passel of Ford/Crowe/Heath/ Pelphrey's.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:17:19 pm
And, maybe those coaches were just the luck of the draw, for every Nolan/BP, you have a passel of Ford/Crowe/Heath/ Pelphrey's.

Like those idiots in Tennessee. They probably wish they never let Fulmer go. Mark Richt. Just wasn't sexy enough.

But hey, the hot guy was ole Derek Dooley. He has that high power "it" factor and so did butch jones.

Gimme a break. 

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:16:08 pm
You think this guy goes to sleep at night thinking man I love my coaching life right now? After what he left at Wisconsin?

Keep dreaming. His mouth is too big to be an SEC whipping boy and be complacent. The stupid buyout protection crap is weak.

No it isn't.  I fully expect him to move on (possibly after this season) before his coaching ability is further exposed.  He kept going with what he was handed at Wisc.  Les Mile miles was finally exposed after following Saban. Way easier job than building something for yourself.  He is in way over his head in the SEC.  He is even weak in his supposed strong points of late - Offensive line and defense sucked in year 4.  He can't even succeed in the areas he claims to be good in. 

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:16:41 pm
Who has the It factor? Please. List me their names.

Not by job but JL better be doing his research. 

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:21:22 pm
Not by job but JL better be doing his research.

Nor is it your job to decide if a coach needs to be fired. Two way street. You just happen to be trapped in the 1960s.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:19:16 pm
Like those idiots in Tennessee. They probably wish they never let Fulmer go. Mark Richt. Just wasn't sexy enough.

But hey, the hot guy was ole Derek Dooley. He has that high power "it" factor and so did butch jones.

Gimme a break.

Jones and Dooley are the poster boys for NOT having the "it factor".  That is why neither will be at Tenner very long. 

presidenthog

Whether you guys want to hear it, or not, CBB has recruited better than anyone before him. There is now more talent on the hill right now than ever.

Gary pinkel took 7 years before he started winning 10-11 games like 3 years in a row. Art briles took 4-5, even regressing a few years before winning big.

The 2018 team is going to be the most talented team I can remember in a very very long time. Almost an entire roster of 4-5 year guys, and a lot of them 4 star players. I have a feeling this is the year Bret finally takes a big step forward. Then next year everyone is going to be picking us as a dark horse.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:22:24 pm
Nor is it your job to decide if a coach needs to be fired. Two way street. You just happen to be trapped in the 1960s.

as a life-long RF donor and season ticket holder, I disagree. 

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:24:38 pm
as a life-long RF donor and season ticket holder, I disagree.

That don't mean a dang thing to me. You're just another fan to me. And the razorback leaders. You just happen to be a sucker blowing money on a bad product. Kudos.

If you're that upset. Turn in your RF "donor" and season tickets to someone then. And tell it to someone who gives a flip if you are a donor.

Bret is here to stay. Get on the bus or get off.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 08:24:14 pm
Whether you guys want to hear it, or not, CBB has recruited better than anyone before him. There is now more talent on the hill right now than ever.

Gary pinkel took 7 years before he started winning 10-11 games like 3 years in a row. Art briles took 4-5, even regressing a few years before winning big.

The 2018 team is going to be the most talented team I can remember in a very very long time. Almost an entire roster of 4-5 year guys, and a lot of them 4 star players. I have a feeling this is the year Bret finally takes a big step forward. Then next year everyone is going to be picking us as a dark horse.

People on hogville say this every year.  I say 6-6 is more realistic. 

AirWarren

Stop it with the facts. You're going to make the "donors" unhappy.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:26:19 pm
That don't mean a dang thing to me. You're just another fan to me. And the razorback leaders. You just happen to be a sucker blowing money on a bad product. Kudos.

If you're that upset. Turn in your RF "donor" and season tickets to someone then.

Works like a stockholder in a publicly traded company.  As a donor, You do get a say.

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:26:34 pm
People on hogville say this every year.  I say 6-6 is more realistic.

Just like people like you say we should be the next bama. Come on in with us folks, in the water is the same as it was from 1960 to 2016.

JOKERHOG

Didn't BP have a recruiting class ranked around 16?  BB hasn't done that well in any year under his tenure.

AirWarren

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:28:03 pm
Works like a stockholder in a publicly traded company.  As a donor, You do get a say.

So call them. Tell them you demand a change. See where that gets you.

Just another old fella blowing money on traditional mediocrity. Haha.

factchecker

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:28:03 pm

Only if you are a RF member or season ticket holder.

What's your commitment to winning?

Bitching on Hogville?  Buying a t-shirt?

IF you truly believe Bielema should be fired then put your money where your mouth is.  Show some commitment and pay the buyout.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS