Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the commitment to winning?

Started by JOKERHOG, July 22, 2017, 06:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOKERHOG

I'll check back in with you boys later tonight to see if you have come around.  about to go spend some time with the family. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:28:03 pm
Works like a stockholder in a publicly traded company.  As a donor, You do get a say.

Ask the shareholders at WM that wish to have a union how much say they have, lol. If your name isn't on a building on campus, you have no say, lol.

AirWarren

Works like a stockholder in a publicly traded company.  As a donor, You do get a say.

Sell those stocks then. Wipe your hands of your displeasure. Simple as that.

factchecker

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:31:21 pm
I'll check back in with you boys later tonight to see if you have come around.  about to go spend some time with the family.

Not enough commitment to winning I guess.  You need to be raising money to pay the buyout.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 08:24:14 pm
Whether you guys want to hear it, or not, CBB has recruited better than anyone before him. There is now more talent on the hill right now than ever

Great!  Can't wait to see evidence in the win column.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:31:37 pm
Ask the shareholders at WM that wish to have a union how much say they have, lol. If your name isn't on a building on campus, you have no say, lol.

Like I said. He is just another sucker who thinks he has a say. Some random Joe Smoe who happens to donate a lil cash to the "foundation" and has his little chair back seat in DWWRS. That doesn't make him some authority.

presidenthog

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:26:34 pm
People on hogville say this every year.  I say 6-6 is more realistic.

6-6 is not realistic. 7-9 wins is much more realistic. I barely even read hogville any more because of how homer it is here.

I'm telling you right now. Whether Bret makes it here or not, he has 100% built this program up enough that the next guy has a loaded roster. Bret may be the newest incarnation of Danny Ford for all I know, but if he is we can't squander it by hiring HDN 2.0.

I thought after last year that I wanted Bret fired. Because our team looked nothing like what it was supposed to. The more i think about it. The more i realize that 2016 was the down year in arkansas cycles. 2015 was supposed to be the year, but the team read their own press clippings and didn't work to be the best.

This team from all indications is feeling the sense of urgency to win now. All the teams before didn't. If Bret can't get it done in the next 2 years he is gone. They will be his 2 best teams that he has had.

Arkansas moves in 3 year cycles. 2016 was the down year. 2018 will be a peak year. This team will be better than last year so 6-6 is probably not the record.

AirWarren

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 08:32:21 pm
Not enough commitment to winning I guess.  You need to be raising money to pay the buyout.

Please. He is a "donor" and buys tickets. That should be enough.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 08:35:12 pm
Please. He is a "donor" and buys tickets. That should be enough.

People need to realize that the donation only gives you the folowing:

The satisfacition of donating to the Razorback Athletic Program
Priority Parking
Priority Seat Selection

That is it.  The GOBN is dead.  You don't get to call up the AD and make moves because you donate money anymore.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 06:06:20 pm
The argument you'll get is that we don't have the history, prestige, or recruiting base to compete at the level of those schools.

Not from me. I just think it is too early to come to the conclusion the op came to 3 hours after CBB was hired. Some people struggle with the fact that not everyone has the same opinion about everything.

a0ashle

To succeed here, we have to have stability...every other team in this league is rolling through coaches like cheap flip flops.

If we could somehow drop CBB tomorrow, we would fade into irrelevance and would start a vicious cycle of failure for years to come, all because we couldn't see the forest for the trees.

AirWarren

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 08:39:14 pm

Priority Parking
Priority Seat Selection

That is it.  The GOBN is dead.  You don't get to call up the AD and make moves because you donate money anymore.

Dude is locked in 1960. Let him think he is someone.

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 06:12:37 pm
BB should consider the aggie game this year the biggest of his career.  That is a must win game if I have every experienced one.

Yep, because people that think Arkansas isn't committed to winning are exactly who we should turn to for guidance and leadership when discussing the future of our program. You place a higher value on stupidity than I do.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 08:39:14 pm

Priority Parking
Priority Seat Selection

Well, I wouldn't put it completely dead, those who are the heavy hitters most definitely give advice that is received and taken in.

factchecker

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 08:37:43 pm
That rank 16 class had like 4 of its top players never make it to class. So basically it was like rank 35.

I don't understand how he didn't get a better class in 2010:

http://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

We were trending up.  Things looked promising but he just couldn't capitalize.

Bobby is a hell of a coach.  However, Bobby has never been much of a recruiter.

Another example of proof.  This past years recruiting standings:

247 (composite):
Arkansas - 28
Louisville - 32

247 (non-composite):
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 33

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TeamRankings

ESPN:
Arkansas - 26
Louisville - 29

Rivals:
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 29

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

Scout:
Arkansas - 27
Louisville - 31

https://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2017

AVERAGE RANKING via USA TODAY:

Arkansas = 26.25

Louisville = 29.25

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/latest-2017-college-football-recruiting-composite-team-rankings
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 06:15:17 pm
Correct HNR, stating facts and not drinking the koolaid gets you labelled negatively very quickly on Hogville

That isn't true. Saying stupid darn like we aren't committed to winning or grades are more important to us than competing will get you labeled. Sunshine pumper, koolaid, cbb hugger are hogvilles version of the word racism. If you don't like someones take, just call them a racist, or here just call them a sunshine pumper etc.

For instance, you posted a very stupid opinion that we don't want to win as a program, and will call everyone that disagrees with you a "insert word here".

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:44:39 pm
Well, I wouldn't put it completely dead, those who are the heavy hitters most definitely give advice that is received and taken in.

I have no doubt that the very big donors have some pull but I don't think they spend their time on Hogville bitching.  They are too busy making money.

I guess JOKER needs to be asking the big donors why they aren't committed to winning.

The truth is that none of us are happy with the results under Bielema.  We all want to win more.  The difference is that some of us don't think firing a coach is the answer..... at least not yet.

If Bielema doesn't improve then he won't be here much longer.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 08:48:45 pm
I have no doubt that the very big donors have some pull but I don't think they spend their time on Hogville bitching.  They are too busy making money.

I guess JOKER needs to be asking the big donors why they aren't committed to winning.

The truth is that none of us are happy with the results under Bielema.  We all want to win more.  The difference is that some of us don't think firing a coach is the answer..... at least not yet.

Wait, are you saying Jerrah doesn't have an account on HV?

Wildhog

He deserves the chance to get us to the next level.  But he doesn't get much longer.

There are a lot of coaches that could do what he's done here.  A lot.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 06:43:53 pm
2011 first top five finish since holtz in 1977-1978 and no ncaa infractions.  It can be done here.

A blind kid can hit a homerun if you throw him enough pitches. However, it is not a reason to think he can hit one every 10 pitches just because it looked easy to you.

tophawg19

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 07:51:50 pm
Do you think the record should be better than 10-22?
If you are honest , the record is better . compare the first 16 against the last 16 and you'll see marked improvement. No one could have done much with the first 2 years and you know it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on July 22, 2017, 06:51:02 pm
Bielema is soft and his teams play soft and weak minded.  It is what it is.  It won't change.

lol this is so wrong. ask the teams we play against if we are soft.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on July 22, 2017, 08:53:00 pm
lol this is so wrong. ask the teams we play against if we are soft.

Well... don't ask the ones from last year.  ;)
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:13:03 pm
So back to the original question.  Where is the commitment to winning?  You and JL seem to be content to do it the "right way".  No commitment to winning was my entire point

Ole Miss was committed to winning.

presidenthog

100% right here.

I wanted him fired last season. Then realized that wouldn't solve anything. I'm not sure who we could get that is truly better.

Bret has to get it together soon. If we look like last year, with poor o line play, and a soft defense. I'll go back to the firing squad opinion, and probably be angry as I realize he squandered talent that could win at a higher clip. I don't expect to compete with bama, but we have to beat A&M while they are down this year (I believe we will.), and we shouldn't lose to miss state post dak ever again.

factchecker

July 22, 2017, 08:56:38 pm #129 Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:16:26 pm by factchecker
Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 08:50:12 pm
Wait, are you saying Jerrah doesn't have an account on HV?

It would be awesome if he did.

I'd tell him to cancel the SW Classic contract in favor of a new series.

We should play the AnM game on campus and move the Mizzou game to earlier in the season.

In place of the SW Classic would could play the Broyles and Royal Memorial (say that 5 times fast).

The Broyles and Royal Memorial would be an end of season match-up between the Hogs and Horns in Dallas.  Play the game on Black Friday.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on July 22, 2017, 08:55:43 pm
Ole Miss was committed to winning.

Ole Miss got a Sugar Bowl win.  Anything short of the death penalty and I say it was worth it.

That's just me though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 22, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
So just because we don't all go around whining about CBB like a bunch of little female dogs you think we are all super stoked right now with him? The seat IS warming up but some of us aren't precipitous jackholes who can't get over our butt-love for Petrino. Stop acting like an 8yr old boy when a new video game comes out

Agreed

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 08:56:46 pm
Ole Miss got a Sugar Bowl win.  Anything short of the death penalty and I say it was worth it.

Man.  A sugar bowl win (unless it's in the playoffs) isn't enough for me.

If we are going to cheat then I want a SEC championship.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 08:56:01 pm
100% right here.

I wanted him fired last season. Then realized that wouldn't solve anything. I'm not sure who we could get that is truly better.

Bret has to get it together soon. If we look like last year, with poor o line play, and a soft defense. I'll go back to the firing squad opinion, and probably be angry as I realize he squandered talent that could win at a higher clip. I don't expect to compete with bama, but we have to beat A&M while they are down this year (I believe we will.), and we shouldn't lose to miss state post dak ever again.

He's already squandered talent that could have won at a higher clip.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:26:20 pm
Whether BP lied is an opinion, not fact.  Many think he was alone on the cycle like he initially stated.

lol omg. and here it is. you have volunteered that you are a nincompoop. good job haha.

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 08:57:53 pm
Man.  A sugar bowl win (unless it's in the playoffs) isn't enough for me.

If we are going to cheat then I want a SEC championship.

A Sugar Bowl win would be the biggest win of my life. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 08:56:46 pm

That's just me though.

I'm sorry but that is completely stupid and I usually find you to be a smarter poster.

I am not willing to take the complete destruction of our program like ole miss, for the next 10 years I might add, for freaking 2 wins against bama and a 10 win season.

It is sec championship or bust if you cheat like they did. Without the champion ship we are still the little 8, and not considered apart of the big 6. Win one and you can change a lot around here. Ole miss changed nothing. Still has never, and will never win the West.

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 07:55:33 pm
I expect commitment to winning from the top down and I don't see it.  Yes, that is very frustration.  I am not happy with a participation trophy.  Sorry if that is not a popular opinion.  I have lived thru the end of Broyles tenure, Holtz and more recent success.  It can be done here. The 1977-1978 year, we finished #3 in football, #3 in basketball and #2 in baseball.  I don't expect that all the time but i expect to get a sniff every now and then.  We are dead in the water right now.

I hope you let a professional manage your portfolio. People would make a killing off of your reaction to panic.

Wildhog

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 09:02:46 pm
I'm sorry but that is completely stupid and I usually find you to be a smarter poster.

I am not willing to take the complete destruction of our program like ole miss, for the next 10 years I might add, for freaking 2 wins against bama and a 10 win season.

It is sec championship or bust if you cheat like they did. Without the champion ship we are still the little 8, and not considered apart of the big 6. Win one and you can change a lot around here. Ole miss changed nothing. Still has never, and will never win the West.

What has the last five years under Bielema got us?  A Sugar Bowl win would be HUGE.

Obviously I'd love an SEC championship, but that sure as hell ain't happening.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

Again the commitment is do what ever u want mr HC  and some HCs can color just between the lines and make a monalisa.  CBB not so much. Other than a yuck  yuck and oshucks CBB doesn't do anything at a genius level 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 09:00:07 pm
A Sugar Bowl win would be the biggest win of my life.

I understand where you are coming from but we've won a sugar bowl before.

We've went to three SEC title games and only one was competitive.

If we win a SEC championship it will finally feel like we earned a spot.

It truly is crazy to think that Ole Miss has never been to title game despite cheating.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 08:58:40 pm
He's already squandered talent that could have won at a higher clip.

Absolutely. Not disagreeing.

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 08:06:06 pm
Without the huge buyout, BB might be making more progress.  What incentive does he have?

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 09:04:51 pm
What has the last five years under Bielema got us?  A Sugar Bowl win would be HUGE.

Obviously I'd love an SEC championship, but that sure as hell ain't happening.

If we cheat like ole miss it could be, and if we did we better win a championship.

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 09:05:34 pm
I understand where you are coming from but we've won a sugar bowl before.

We've went to three SEC title games and only one was competitive.

If we win a SEC championship it will finally feel like we earned a spot.

It truly is crazy to think that Ole Miss has never been to title game despite cheating.

I don't know man.  They're Ole Miss.  even cheating, they're playing in a league with Saban-coached Bama.

And we haven't won a Sugar Bowl in my life.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on July 22, 2017, 08:12:13 pm
We cant win on thst level. Bobby P thought and proved it could be done. I have no doubt Bobby P was going to beat Bama. No doubt!!

He couldn't even beat Kentucky with a heisman quarterback.

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 09:08:14 pm
even cheating, they're playing in a league with Saban-coached Bama.

Yeah..... it wasn't Saban that gave them trouble.  They handled him just fine.

It was Arkansas who they couldn't beat (beyond the disastrous 2013 season).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2017, 09:10:15 pm
Yeah..... it wasn't Saban that gave them trouble.  They handled him just fine.

It was Arkansas who they couldn't beat (beyond the disastrous 2013 season).

Well, I was talking about winning an SEC championship.  Tough to beat them over the course of a full season.
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on July 22, 2017, 09:10:57 pm
Well, I was talking about winning an SEC championship.  Tough to beat them over the course of a full season.

I understand but they should have still got to the title game.  They beat Alabama twice.  They were paying recruiting top talent to come to Oxford.  Yet they just couldn't get to Atlanta.  They just couldn't beat the Hogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6O3sIHW-XA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5eqdRWvhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOPko7WKzI
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee