Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former UALR Coaches

Started by ronsooie, March 23, 2018, 11:23:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ronsooie

2 former recent UALR coaches in the Elite 8 . . . Let's reflect on that a moment.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."

MikePiazza

Might as well just fold up tent and become UALR fans whenever they make their next hire.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

ronsooie

They are to basketball coaches what Arkansas State is to football coaches  >:(
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."

TrueBlue

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 23, 2018, 11:26:39 pm
Might as well just fold up tent and become UALR fans whenever they make their next hire.

What a stupid response.

drester77

Before you talk up Moser, please check his coaching record.... A broke clock is right twice a day also...

bkjbearcat

Quote from: ronsooie on March 23, 2018, 11:23:49 pm
2 former recent UALR coaches in the Elite 8 . . . Let's reflect on that a moment.

Everyone knows they CHEAT!!!! I mean it's easier to get great players to Tech then it is to Arkansas.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: drester77 on March 24, 2018, 12:04:02 am
Before you talk up Moser, please check his coaching record.... A broke clock is right twice a day also...
Well he has just as many Elite 8 appearances as Anderson...And when he took the ULAR job they were 4-24 and coached them to 18-11 the next year, the biggest turnaround in sunbelt history. ULAR was ranked near bottom in defense standings and he took them to the top. He'll be coaching at a bigger school next year so you don't have to worry about him at Arkansas. Still, no reason to downplay what he has done this year, he's a good coach and I wish him success and always will. I was a Porter Moser fan when he was at UALR.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

drester77

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 24, 2018, 12:22:22 am
Well he has just as many Elite 8 appearances as Anderson...And when he took the ULAR job they were 4-24 and coached them to 18-11 the next year, the biggest turnaround in sunbelt history. ULAR was ranked near bottom in defense standings and he took them to the top. He'll be coaching at a bigger school next year so you don't have to worry about him at Arkansas. Still, no reason to downplay what he has done this year, he's a good coach and I wish him success and always will. I was a Porter Moser fan when he was at UALR.
What about illinois st.... And he has been at his present stop for 7 years and this is his first tournament appearance... Do not crown a coach for one good season... Everything that shine isn't gold...

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: drester77 on March 24, 2018, 01:32:14 am
What about illinois st.... And he has been at his present stop for 7 years and this is his first tournament appearance... Do not crown a coach for one good season... Everything that shine isn't gold...
again as many elite 8 as Anderson and maybe a final 4. Sorry but he can coach and he'll get his chance at a bigger school after this year.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BigBlueHell

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 24, 2018, 01:39:44 am
again as many elite 8 as Anderson and maybe a final 4. Sorry but he can coach and he'll get his chance at a bigger school after this year.

So does Stan Heath, and we see where that got us.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

jgphillips3

No ones saying we should hire Porter Moser, just that it's cool that two coaches who coached at an Arkansas school are doing well.  Chris Beard...we perhaps should hire that dude.  He looks like he may be the second coming of an even better Eddie Sutton.

Jackrabbit Hog

You clearly have something against Moser.  Did he take your lunch money in school? 

I'm happy for the guy.  He was a breath of fresh air at UALR, and great in the community while he was there.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ShadowHawg

Let's reflect on that a moment........

Pretty clear the op is trying to make the claim either would be better than our current situation.

Newell did better than either of them while at UALR and morons back then thought he was better than Nolan because of it.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BigBlueHell on March 24, 2018, 08:48:54 am
So does Stan Heath, and we see where that got us.
Two NCAA tourney bids in 5 years and no SEC championships.

steveaustin69

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 24, 2018, 10:07:34 am
Let's reflect on that a moment........

Pretty clear the op is trying to make the claim either would be better than our current situation.

Newell did better than either of them while at UALR and morons back then thought he was better than Nolan because of it.

Mike Newell's best season was 23-11 with a second round exit. Beard's was 30-5 with a second round exit.

23 is greater than 30? I know Mike apologists always have to spin things, but now we're rewriting math?

drester77

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 24, 2018, 09:32:43 am
You clearly have something against Moser.  Did he take your lunch money in school? 

I'm happy for the guy.  He was a breath of fresh air at UALR, and great in the community while he was there.
e
Nothing against any one, nor for any one... I actually know him and work with players that played for him... I was just stating he has had one tournament team and has been a head coach at three different D1 school... I gave congrats to him... But until he has sustain success you can not compare him to coaches who has... FWIW he was fired at Illinois St...

drester77

Also we picked them to go to the final four...
After looking at there bracket... They prove to be a good team after beating Florida.

Sweet Feet

Consider the program he was at before he came. Illinois St hadn't made the tournament in 5 years before he came. Loyola hadn made it since 1985 and now are in the final four. You have to take into account the state of the programs he was at before he came.

hoghappy

how many tournament bids does his conference get? How many for the SEC. Much easier for an Sec team. How high was the seed for his team compared to Arkansas? How many Final Fours has Mike lead? Some questions that are hard to ignore.

drester77

Quote from: hoghappy on March 25, 2018, 12:11:23 am
how many tournament bids does his conference get? How many for the SEC. Much easier for an Sec team. How high was the seed for his team compared to Arkansas? How many Final Fours has Mike lead? Some questions that are hard to ignore.
Once again a broke clock is right twice a day... In other words one good season doesn't make a coach.... Just enjoy the run they are having... And its easier to win the MVC than the SEC... I played at Missouri St....

DeltaBoy

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 24, 2018, 02:40:46 pm
Mike Newell's best season was 23-11 with a second round exit. Beard's was 30-5 with a second round exit.

23 is greater than 30? I know Mike apologists always have to spin things, but now we're rewriting math?

Mike had a good run cause he was pulling some kids out of Mississippi and Detroit Mich. I was at UALR 1986-1991.  We had a solid Men's Basketball and Baseball Program back then.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.