4-Star PG Keyshawn Embery Commits!

Started by The_Iceman, September 16, 2017, 02:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Swinesong1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 04:06:02 pm
Bride
I see what you did there.  Don't mind him.  He's bipolar when it comes to Anderson.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 04:06:02 pm
Bride

Glad it's the case now. Sure wasn't when we were pulling in the worse recruiting class in the SEC and seeing 4 and 5 star instate kids fleeing from this program.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Who in mike anderson's family is he related to?

Obviously can't recruit good players out of state.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BannerMountainMan

Oh my all we need now is a C for the 2018 class and we are freaking set!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 17, 2017, 11:47:04 am

this class is being salvaged nicely. now we just need to close out with a big man or two and we're done.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 17, 2017, 12:23:17 pm
this class is being salvaged nicely. now we just need to close out with a big man or two and we're done.
Would that be what they call a "tall order?"

BannerMountainMan

What are gonna do we have 4 stud PGs!! We've been needing one for 5 years and now we have 4😂😂 Harris, Hill, Sills, and Joe which arguably they can play SG also
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The_Iceman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 17, 2017, 01:55:10 pm
What are gonna do we have 4 stud PGs!! We've been needing one for 5 years and now we have 4😂😂 Harris, Hill, Sills, and Joe which arguably they can play SG also

Harris and Hill are true PGs. Sills and Embery are combo guards. Joe is a straight SG  (think Anthlon Bell).

hawgmasta

A 6-3 natural point guard. Yes please!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 02:04:51 pm
Harris and Hill are true PGs. Sills and Embery are combo guards. Joe is a straight SG  (think Anthlon Bell).

In a normal system your correct but in Mike's system until the ball crosses halfcourt if the SF (Day Day for example) is a capable ball handler he is supposed to immediatly advanced the ball  (to the rim if possible) following a defensive rebound not wait for the PG.

The drawback is watching the less than capable ball handler's on the 3pt line extended that have a very, very limited perimeter game (current Senior PF's ) basically stall offensive possessions.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pinto

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 17, 2017, 01:55:10 pm

That's a good problem to have if they all develop into studs. But more than likely, someone will not meet expectations and hopefully someone will exceed them.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Razorod

I believe he'll be a very good one for us. Could be looking at a 3-4 year starter.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 17, 2017, 02:56:17 pm
A 6-3 natural point guard. Yes please!

I read another summer report on him and he is listed as 6'1.  I wonder now how tall he really is.  But he is very active and strong going to the rim.  Not afraid of contact.  I like him and if he is only 6'1, I hope he plays taller.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 17, 2017, 11:47:04 am

I totally agree.  We need either a true 5 or a long athletic 6'8+ kid who is a 4/5 to back up or play beside Gafford.  If not we will have to play a 3/4 combo player who is 6'6 at the 5 spot.  That will be ok against some teams but against others it will kill us.  We need to get taller to reach the sweet 16 or beyond. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 02:04:51 pm

I agree ICEMAN with your assessment of these players.  Guards can be blessed with physical skills but Fans forget that true PGs run the team and distributes the ball to scorers first and get their own points second.  That takes great vision, leadership  and ball handling skills.  When you really see PGs standing out is in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock and also in the last few minutes of the game to take care of the ball, run the team, setting up scorers with his skills and making those game winning decisions with the ball.   

Joe and other shooters and guys who love to post up down low will love PGs. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 18, 2017, 08:23:50 am
I agree ICEMAN with your assessment of these players.  Guards can be blessed with physical skills but Fans forget that true PGs run the team and distributes the ball to scorers first and get their own points second.  That takes great vision, leadership  and ball handling skills.  When you really see PGs standing out is in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock and also in the last few minutes of the game to take care of the ball, run the team, setting up scorers with his skills and making those game winning decisions with the ball.   

Joe and other shooters and guys who love to post up down low will love PGs.

Do you see any other needs for this class other than speedy pg's?

FineAsSwine

Was skeptical about getting Embery but the coaching staff did a great job selling the program and reeled in a great prospect.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Breems

Great news. He looks really good on film.

I was wondering when we were going to see the guard play come together under Coach A. We're getting there now.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Breems on September 20, 2017, 11:42:26 am
Great news. He looks really good on film.

I was wondering when we were going to see the guard play come together under Coach A. We're getting there now.

Point guards, shooting guards, combo guards, we got guards! Now, about those bigs.... ;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 20, 2017, 12:05:51 pm
Point guards, shooting guards, combo guards, we got guards! Now, about those bigs.... ;D
we got bigs ole boy, we got Gafford Thompson, Henderson, Gabe, we just need 1 true Center, but that's hard to come by in Arkansas.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 20, 2017, 12:16:02 pm
we got bigs ole boy, we got Gafford Thompson, Henderson, Gabe, we just need 1 true Center, but that's hard to come by in Arkansas.

I was actually looking ahead to 2018 but it would be nice if Henderson bulked up and got stronger and if Gabe can become a viable option. That would really help to allay my concerns.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rusvegashog

Personally I love it when we're able to snag a kid out of Oklahoma, in all sports. And we've had some good ones(Mayberry, Felix, Rotnei, Hatcher and so forth). Stoked about Embery. Hope he has a healthy and product senior year and shows up next year ready to ball.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 20, 2017, 12:16:02 pm

True centers are basically extinct, except Gafford is as true a 5 as you'll find. Henderson is a PF who needs to add weight, but he'll be able to coexist with another PF or combo-4 on the floor when Gafford goes out of the game. I also believe Gabe has the ability to help defend down low in spurts. At 6-6, Adrio Bailey can play that combo-4 spot, but he's too undersized to be the primary big for any stretch of time. At minimum, Arkansas needs to add another PF in 2018 -- Reggie Chaney at 6-8 and 220-plus-pounds would work nicely.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2017, 02:46:00 pm
https://twitter.com/morningrushshow/status/909127706163449857

http://247sports.com/Player/Keyshawn-Embery-94623

https://youtu.be/7gxIAKe9nCI

https://youtu.be/luiBxxecjXE

Iceman, quick question--Embery is a "commitment" but he hasn't signed.  What year is he coming?  The reason I ask is if, say, Embery has a great season in HS and actually gets a 5th star, do we need to worry about Calipari telling World Wide Wes, " I want that Embery kid, so go get him."  The Monk and Perry situations have really soured me on these commitments that Mike works so hard for and gets that are really early and the kid gets people in his ear like Perry did and the next thing you know, Calipari has decided he wants him and well we all know what happens when he wants a player that we want.

** just saw he is in the 2018 class, so now we have to sweat it out.  LOL.   I almost hope he doesn't get his 5th star so the Kentuckys of the world will leave him alone.

The_Iceman

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 03, 2017, 03:13:35 pm
Iceman, quick question--Embery is a "commitment" but he hasn't signed.  What year is he coming?  The reason I ask is if, say, Embery has a great season in HS and actually gets a 5th star, do we need to worry about Calipari telling World Wide Wes, " I want that Embery kid, so go get him."  The Monk and Perry situations have really soured me on these commitments that Mike works so hard for and gets that are really early and the kid gets people in his ear like Perry did and the next thing you know, Calipari has decided he wants him and well we all know what happens when he wants a player that we want.

** just saw he is in the 2018 class, so now we have to sweat it out.  LOL.   I almost hope he doesn't get his 5th star so the Kentuckys of the world will leave him alone.

He plans to sign in the early period, which will help lock him in.

MakingPlays

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 03, 2017, 03:13:35 pm

Embery is signing in the early period in November.  By the time he signs his high school season would have just started.  Also, the ranking services aren't going to update any of the rankings until the Spring and even then there's very little movement going on, since most do their evaluating during the AAU circuits. 

Also, Malik Monk was never committed to Arkansas, the only committ CMA has ever had that has flipped is Perry and as we are seeing there were some outside things influencing that.