Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson is putting a scare in the haters right now he has

Started by forrest city joe, February 13, 2014, 09:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

So the person who predicted LetsRoll is FCJ 0-1 on his prediction? 

I can't trust him on the fact that Mike Anderson isn't improving the program unfortunately. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 16, 2014, 01:13:25 am
SMU at full strength would bitch slap us, even on our own floor.

Luckily we played them early

FAIL

Florida didn't bitch slap us on our home court like they Kentucky.  SMU was lucky the game was as close as it was.   

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 14, 2014, 07:19:09 pm
We are NO better this year than we were last year and we haven't sniffed the tournament in any of the three years. We didn't win on the road the last two years and we aren't winning on the road this year.

Last season we took care of home court and was perfect at home in SEC play. This year CMA said he finally has the pieces to take this thing on the road. Guess what? We still aren't winning on the road and Florida and Mizzou have beat us in BWA! Please explain to me how we are so much better?
You were also the person begging for much less Wade and much more Bell last year. Can you finally admit you were wrong?

tomw

I don't see a lot of improvement in the team this year from last year...free throw shots suck, rebounding suck, discipline sucks,   we are a lousy team in a very weak conference and still cant win on the road....20 games will not get us into the tournament..we are too far down in the sec to make it...and Anderson is not an elite coach

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: tomw on February 16, 2014, 12:59:39 pm
I don't see a lot of improvement in the team this year from last year...free throw shots suck, rebounding suck, discipline sucks,   we are a lousy team in a very weak conference and still cant win on the road....20 games will not get us into the tournament..we are too far down in the sec to make it...and Anderson is not an elite coach
We're hitting 72% of those "free throw shots" you mentioned. My goal is by the end of the season our fans realize we're actually really good at free throws. You guys remember every miss and forget every make and assume we suck at "free throw shots."

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Guys there is a new FCJ thread out, please go pump it up to 8 pages

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on February 16, 2014, 01:12:54 pm
Guys there is a new FCJ thread out, please go pump it up to 8 pages
he will just tell Us to go kick rocks and we are all haters

hambone

hambone

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 16, 2014, 12:45:56 pm
So the person who predicted LetsRoll is FCJ 0-1 on his prediction? 

I can't trust him on the fact that Mike Anderson isn't improving the program unfortunately.

For a decade prior to MA our program only won 34% of its conference games in the SEC.

Under MA, we have won 45% of those games and that will go up by the end of this season.

In the previous decade, we only had TWO winning conference records prior to MA.

By the end of this season, we will have had a winning conference record in 2 of the last 3 seasons. In other words, in only 3 seasons, MA will have as many winning conference seasons a combination of Nolan, Heath, and Pel were able to get in TEN years.

I don't think that very many people here have a real grasp of just how sorry this program has been and for how long. If they did, they would seem to be smart enough to realize it wasn't a two or three year fix.

The improvement is there for those willing to admit the true state of health of this program and just how far from being healthy it actually was when MA took over.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hambone on February 17, 2014, 12:04:28 am
For a decade prior to MA our program only won 34% of its conference games in the SEC.

Under MA, we have won 45% of those games and that will go up by the end of this season.

By the end of this season, we will have had a winning conference record in 2 of the last 3 seasons. In other words, in only 3 seasons, MA will have as many winning conference seasons a combination of Nolan, Heath, and Pel were able to get in TEN years.

I don't think that very many people here have a real grasp of just how sorry this program has been and for how long. If they did, they would seem to be smart enough to realize it wasn't a two or three year fix.

The improvement is there for those willing to admit the true state of health of this program and just how far from being healthy it actually was when MA took over.
+1000. Mike Anderson is the man for this job. and he will be here for many years to come no matter if the haters like it or not. and it pisses them off. and i say they all can go kick rocks if they don't like it.

rzrbackramsfan

Great post, do you harpers understand yet?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 16, 2014, 01:10:10 pm
We're hitting 72% of those "free throw shots" you mentioned. My goal is by the end of the season our fans realize we're actually really good at free throws. You guys remember every miss and forget every make and assume we suck at "free throw shots."

Hey that's a lofty goal objective, but I think madden would disagree against lsu, his free throw shots are terrible.  He could Learn a lot from his team mate Rickey Scott on free throws and how to wind up to shoot.

Arky

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 17, 2014, 02:09:04 am
Hey that's a lofty goal objective, but I think madden would disagree against lsu, his free throw shots are terrible.  He could Learn a lot from his team mate Rickey Scott on free throws and how to wind up to shoot.
Scottt's FT % is 49.  Madden is 81.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2014, 01:04:48 am
+1000. Mike Anderson is the man for this job. and he will be here for many years to come no matter if the haters like it or not. and it pisses them off. and i say they all can go kick rocks if they don't like it.

Mike is terrible by any and all definitions.   We'll be lucky to make the NIT two out of five years with the other three seasons being losing ones.  This program is on a very rocky surface.  Rough times ahead unless MA can find a way to kick things into gear.   Won't happen.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The_Iceman

Good post, but your assumption we will be over .500 in conference may be a bit pre-mature. To do so, we will have to go 5-1 to finish the season (4-2 gets us to .500). Let's just assume we beat SC (safe assumption) and lose to Kentucky (another safe assumption). That leaves us having to go undefeated against:

@ Miss State
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Alabama

That's no easy 4-0 stretch. Miss State will probably be on an 8 game losing streak going into our game. We have always struggled there (can you name our last win there?). That seems like one of those perfect trap games for Miss State to play their best game of the year.

Ole Miss has 2 great scorers in Henderson (19.5) and Summers (16.8). Millinghaus just seems like one of those guys that's going to have a career day against us. Georgia is some solid basketball and is 3rd in the SEC right now. Then we finish at Alabama on Senior day and you know Releford is going to try and go out with a bang.

If we finish 5-1, it will be because of an amazing coaching job by Mike Anderson. There are a lot of tough games left. It's also not safe to assume we will win every home game either. Georgia and Ole Miss are no slouches.

The_Iceman

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 17, 2014, 08:01:44 am
Mike is terrible by any and all definitions.

All definitions? You can't find one thing on Mike's resume that says he is NOT a "terrible" coach?

PonderinHog

Mike is terrible by any and all definitions.   We'll be lucky to make the NIT two out of five years with the other three seasons being losing ones.  This program is on a very rocky surface.  Rough times ahead unless MA can find a way to kick things into gear.   Won't happen.
Nutt is gone.  It's time to fulfill your destiny.

JayBell

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 16, 2014, 01:10:10 pm

"Actually really good?"  By what standard?  ASU and UALR both shoot a better percentage overall.  Arkansas is 124th in the country in FT%.

The worst thing about Arkansas' free throw shooting is the same problem with most issues on this team: inconsistency.  They've shot 68% or lower in 4 of the last 9 games and they've shot 20 free throws or less 4 times in those games.  Arkansas has lost the free throw battle in 6 of those 9 games.  Other teams are making more free throws than Arkansas is attempting, sometimes almost twice as many.  The sad thing is Arkansas is still managing to lose games when it does win the free throw battle.

When you're rarely going to attempt more free throws than the other team, you need to be more efficient at it.  This team is not.

The_Iceman

forrest city joe

Mike is not terrible hater. he is a very good coach who bringing the program back. and haters like you want him fired before he can do it.Mike is not the one that is terrible. it's haters like you who are. GO KICK ROCKS.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2014, 11:13:49 am
Mike is not terrible hater. he is a very good coach who bringing the program back. and haters like you want him fired before he can do it.Mike is not the one that is terrible. it's haters like you who are. GO KICK ROCKS.

this just cant get any more funny with FCJ. More of the broken record he says the same thing everytime

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 17, 2014, 11:45:34 am
this just cant get any more funny with FCJ. More of the broken record he says the same thing everytime

The guy just said Mike is terrible by "any and all definitions." FCJ and ALL reasonable sports fans know that false.

hambone

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2014, 08:42:52 am
Good post, but your assumption we will be over .500 in conference may be a bit pre-mature. To do so, we will have to go 5-1 to finish the season (4-2 gets us to .500). Let's just assume we beat SC (safe assumption) and lose to Kentucky (another safe assumption). That leaves us having to go undefeated against:

@ Miss State
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Alabama

That's no easy 4-0 stretch. Miss State will probably be on an 8 game losing streak going into our game. We have always struggled there (can you name our last win there?). That seems like one of those perfect trap games for Miss State to play their best game of the year.

Ole Miss has 2 great scorers in Henderson (19.5) and Summers (16.8). Millinghaus just seems like one of those guys that's going to have a career day against us. Georgia is some solid basketball and is 3rd in the SEC right now. Then we finish at Alabama on Senior day and you know Releford is going to try and go out with a bang.

If we finish 5-1, it will be because of an amazing coaching job by Mike Anderson. There are a lot of tough games left. It's also not safe to assume we will win every home game either. Georgia and Ole Miss are no slouches.

You are correct to point out that I may be a little overly optimistic. There is an old saying that goes, "there can be many a slip between the cup and the lip". That could very well happen here.

I just wanted to point out to folks who really are objective, just how far down this program has been and while we are not currently winning at a level that makes me happy, it really is an improvement over the decade prior to MA's arrival.

I really didn't know just how bad it was until I looked up Heath and Pel's records here.

Ten years is not a down period, it is enough time to have become irrelevant, especially nationally.

FineAsSwine

It seems to me that"go kick rocks"is Joe speak for kiss my ass. Kinda growing on me.

Deal with it haters.
Hogs up! Covid down!

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2014, 11:49:15 am
The guy just said Mike is terrible by "any and all definitions." FCJ and ALL reasonable sports fans know that false.
YEP! +1000

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 17, 2014, 12:25:00 pm
It seems to me that"go kick rocks"is Joe speak for kiss my ass. Kinda growing on me.

Deal with it haters.
I don't know if they're haters, but CMA's detractors sure are scarce around here after a win, which is fine with me.   :razorback:

JayBell

The_Iceman

Quote from: JayBell on February 17, 2014, 12:40:54 pm
Nothing in SEC basketball is any standard for "really good."  Third in the SEC is not good nationally.

Go look at some of the teams between 1 and 124. You will see a lot of mid-major or worse teams.

JayBell

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2014, 12:47:05 pmGo look at some of the teams between 1 and 124. You will see a lot of mid-major or worse teams.

I'll also find seven B1G teams (more than half), five Big East (half) and four Big XII (just under half) teams.  Put Arkansas in any good basketball conference and the team's free throw numbers are perfectly average.

I never said Arkansas was a poor FT shooting team.  The worst thing about them is their inconsistency at the line, but that is Arkansas' biggest issue in most areas.

troyer37

Is this forest city joe guy for real. Why does he keep repeating the same answers over and over.

forrest city joe

Quote from: troyer37 on February 17, 2014, 01:06:51 pm
Is this forest city joe guy for real. Why does he keep repeating the same answers over and over.
Because haters like you keep going after Mike Anderson. you go after Mike and im coming after you. you got me hater?im sick of you haters attacking coach Anderson. HE IS NOT GETTING FIRED. GET THE HELL OVER IT.and yes i am for real.

troyer37

I haven't said one bad word about Mike so how am I a hater. I support Mike a 100 percent and agree with about everything you say. I dont understand why you post the same thing multiple times though.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2014, 01:11:13 pm
Because haters like you keep going after Mike Anderson. you go after Mike and im coming after you. you got me hater?im sick of you haters attacking coach Anderson. HE IS NOT GETTING FIRED. GET THE HELL OVER IT.and yes i am for real.

Okay this statement makes no sense but what can u expect from someone from Saint Francis County

TRUHOG718

That second half against Alabama should forever be known as "the night the light went on"..... There was something special about that half. It's almost like after all the coaching and practicing and playing like we didnt know what the heck was going on half the time transpired this bunch finally started to get it. Something special happened that night. The light went on.

T.H.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: troyer37 on February 17, 2014, 01:24:36 pm
I haven't said one bad word about Mike so how am I a hater. I support Mike a 100 percent and agree with about everything you say. I dont understand why you post the same thing multiple times though.

Mmmmm yeeess the hate is strong with this one. 

Yoda

Let the hate flow through you

SICK EM JOE!!'

rzrbkf4n

If you think 4-7 is acceptable for this program your wrong. Who has total control over the team? CMA. We got a home win against lswho with clinton in the house. Big woop.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room