Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson is putting a scare in the haters right now he has

Started by forrest city joe, February 13, 2014, 09:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 11:55:05 pm
Yea i should just let all you Mike Andersons haters have the board all to yourselves. THANK GOD LANNY WANTS ALL OPINIONS. or you haters would have the forum all to yourself.

So what you're saying is Lanny wants all opinions, but you won't allow any opinion other than yours? 

And save your time, I didn't mention Mike in that and have never called for him to be fired. Try to process that before responding. Smart money says you can't.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

mizzouman

FCJ, I like you man.  You have passion for the Razorbacks.  That can only be a good thing.  But something is troubling me about you.

It seems as though you are backing CMA unconditionally.  I've asked you this before, you tried to answer, but your answer doesn't make sense.  CMA had 1 good year at UAB and 1 great year at Mizzou.  The rest of his 12 year head coaching career has been subpar in totality.  Some have been good, but others have been horrendous.  Sure, he's made the NCAAT a few times with UAB and Mizzou, but other than 2 trips, he's never gotten out of the second round. 

So FCJ, what makes you think he will get to the NCAAT at Arkansas and be consistently a sweet 16, elite 8 type team, or even better,  year in and year out?  If you can give a concise reason rather than a rant, maybe people will take you more seriously.

Smithian

Quote from: mizzouman on February 14, 2014, 09:15:20 am
FCJ, I like you man.  You have passion for the Razorbacks.  That can only be a good thing.  But something is troubling me about you.

It seems as though you are backing CMA unconditionally.  I've asked you this before, you tried to answer, but your answer doesn't make sense.  CMA had 1 good year at UAB and 1 great year at Mizzou.  The rest of his 12 year head coaching career has been subpar in totality.  Some have been good, but others have been horrendous.  Sure, he's made the NCAAT a few times with UAB and Mizzou, but other than 2 trips, he's never gotten out of the second round. 

So FCJ, what makes you think he will get to the NCAAT at Arkansas and be consistently a sweet 16, elite 8 type team, or even better,  year in and year out?  If you can give a concise reason rather than a rant, maybe people will take you more seriously.

Oh, this is going to be good.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Smithian on February 14, 2014, 09:28:08 am

Pfft...you know how this will go. Anyone who responds with more than two sentences to FCJ is wasting their time.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Smithian

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 14, 2014, 09:29:34 am
Pfft...you know how this will go. Anyone who responds with more than two sentences to FCJ is wasting their time.
But he won't call a Mizzou fan a Pelphrey lover will he?

hogsanity

Quote from: Smithian on February 14, 2014, 09:28:08 am

No it isn't.  IF FCJ responds at all it will be with the simplistic " they are haters" or " go kick rocks" stuff he spews.  Not one time have I ever seen or heard him make a reasoned, thought out, analytical assessment of anything. It is all emotional ( and I think FAKE most of the time ) rhetoric.

He has been given ample opportunity to explain why he thinks it is okay that Mike's team is making the exact same mistakes in year 3 as in year 1.  Why they continue to lose the rebounding battle, shoot poorly, allow the opponent to get 15 layups every game, etc.  All you get in reply is " MIKE ISNT GOING TO BE FIRED SO SHUT UP HATER ".

FCJ is either one of the top 5 hogville phonies of all time, or he is about 4 bricks short of a full load. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Smithian on February 14, 2014, 09:31:12 am

It's going to be some combination of four or five of the same ol' insults. Pel lover may or may not be included. Just depends on what spark in FCJ's brain goes off as he types.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Smithian on February 14, 2014, 09:31:12 am

But you do get the hater and go kick rocks, got mine on the first page  ;)

FineAsSwine

Joe is away so I will give you some insight in the form of a quote with a few liberties taken:

The path of the Hawgball fan is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men (haters).

Blessed is CMA, who in the name of charity and good will (and 2 million+), shepherds the program through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children (and weary fans).

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Forrest City Joe when I lay my vengeance upon thee (haters).

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 09:21:52 pm
This team playing their best basketball of the season right now. they look nothing like the team that showed up at A&M. this program is starting to come together at the right time.i love the way our guys are playing right now. the years to come under Mike Anderson are going to be fun. i can see it coming Hog fans. the haters can see it too. that's why they want to get him fired before he finishes the job. hats off to our players and coaches. GO HOGS.

I actually agree with you, but they have to start winning or it's not going to matter.

mizzouman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2014, 09:52:39 am
Joe is away so I will give you some insight in the form of a quote with a few liberties taken:

The path of the Hawgball fan is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men (haters).

Blessed is CMA, who in the name of charity and good will (and 2 million+), shepherds the program through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children (and weary fans).

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Forrest City Joe when I lay my vengeance upon thee (haters).
OK, this has started my weekend off pretty good.  I may go out and get me a Royal with Cheese for lunch.

Dropkick

RazorPiggie

He won't answer questions like this. Too complicated for him.

RazorPiggie

FineAsSwine

Smithian

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2014, 09:52:39 am

/thread

LZH

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 14, 2014, 09:29:34 am

I know, right?  I've been trying to get him to take a swing at me, and he just won't bite.

Letsroll1200

I know a lot of jump ball fans love to talk about can Mike do this or that. In the last 10 years MA has more sweet 16 appearances than the coach at Vandy and Greg Marshall combined. Do the research for yourself. There are only three programs in the SEC that have more Sweet 16 appearances than MA coached teams the past ten years.Tennessee, Florida and Kentucky. We have a very good coach and a quality leader as coach. Greg Marshall won NIT championship in his fourth year. No tournament until his fifth season. I come to this site and let some of y'all tell it he is a basketball God.

Knot2brite

I am too old to be scared...put some damn wins up and I will feel better. This is not a hate, racial, political, economic, or social thing. It is very very simple. Just win
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Mick Hogger on February 14, 2014, 08:36:22 am
So what you're saying is Lanny wants all opinions, but you won't allow any opinion other than yours? 

And save your time, I didn't mention Mike in that and have never called for him to be fired. Try to process that before responding. Smart money says you can't.
Facts and logic doesn't work unfortunately. Be prepared from one of his tired,"canned" responses
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

code red

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 09:21:52 pm
This team playing their best basketball of the season right now. they look nothing like the team that showed up at A&M. this program is starting to come together at the right time.i love the way our guys are playing right now. the years to come under Mike Anderson are going to be fun. i can see it coming Hog fans. the haters can see it too. that's why they want to get him fired before he finishes the job. hats off to our players and coaches. GO HOGS.
HA HA....What??  That was a pathetic defensive scheme and even worse execution...its about toughness this team has little to none.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OLDHOG

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2014, 09:34:22 am
No it isn't.  IF FCJ responds at all it will be with the simplistic " they are haters" or " go kick rocks" stuff he spews.  Not one time have I ever seen or heard him make a reasoned, thought out, analytical assessment of anything. It is all emotional ( and I think FAKE most of the time ) rhetoric.

He has been given ample opportunity to explain why he thinks it is okay that Mike's team is making the exact same mistakes in year 3 as in year 1.  Why they continue to lose the rebounding battle, shoot poorly, allow the opponent to get 15 layups every game, etc.  All you get in reply is " MIKE ISNT GOING TO BE FIRED SO SHUT UP HATER ".

FCJ is either one of the top 5 hogville phonies of all time, or he is about 4 bricks short of a full load. 
++1

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2014, 10:50:36 am
I know a lot of jump ball fans love to talk about can Mike do this or that. In the last 10 years MA has more sweet 16 appearances than the coach at Vandy and Greg Marshall combined. Do the research for yourself. There are only three programs in the SEC that have more Sweet 16 appearances than MA coached teams the past ten years.Tennessee, Florida and Kentucky. We have a very good coach and a quality leader as coach. Greg Marshall won NIT championship in his fourth year. No tournament until his fifth season. I come to this site and let some of y'all tell it he is a basketball God.

When did 2 become more than 2?  Had you said he has more than Stallings OR Marshall you would have been correct, combined they are tied.

hogfan10

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2014, 10:50:36 am

If I understand what you are saying, you're saying that Ole Miss, MsState, A&M, LSU, BAMA, Auburn, UGA, Tenn, Vandy, Mizzou, USC all have good coaches, but we have a better one because his limited success has been better than these others. Isn't the SEC a football league, none of these teams give two sh-ts about basketball.

Maddhog

Debate is fun when rational people participate in it.   I'm as honest as I can be when I say I like CMA very much and hope very much that he succeeds here.   He may and he may not.  It remains to be seen.   I was feeling proud of the team last night even though all they did was play a middle of the road team to the wire before losing.   They stayed competitive to the end, on the road, and I view that as an improvement.   They have my heart and support.  That being said,  I hope FCJ will be asked to tone down the rhetoric because I can only imagine how embarrassed a decent guy like CMA would be if he saw it.   Whatever happens though I won't see it.  Time for me to jump to the baseball forum.  Good luck to all the rational people. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 14, 2014, 12:13:51 pm
If I understand what you are saying, you're saying that Ole Miss, MsState, A&M, LSU, MA, Auburn, UGA, Tenforndy, Mizzou, USC all have good coaches, but we have a better one because his limited success has been better than these others. Isn't the SEC a football league, none of these teams give two sh-ts about basketball.

From what I gather, the gist of what he's saying is that why are some on here lining up to sniff Greg Marshalls butt when it took him five years to make the NCAA's while criticizing MA for not making it in year 3.

Toad Suck Pork

Don't hold your breath waiting on a rational response.

In fact if I were you, I would get a head start on finding some rocks and petitioning Jeff Long to give Pelphrey his job back.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2014, 09:34:22 am

FCJ is no dummy, he knows exactly what he's doing.  The real mystery is trying to fully understand his level of unconditional loyalty to Mike Anderson.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on February 14, 2014, 12:47:23 pm
FCJ is no dummy, he knows exactly what he's doing.  The real mystery is trying to fully understand his level of unconditional loyalty to Mike Anderson.

Dont be so sure about that.

Based on what I have heard on the radio, and seen posted here, his intelligence peaked at around age 3.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on February 14, 2014, 12:47:23 pm

Joes style reminds me of a "drunken style" kung fu master.  By the time you've caught on to what he's doing, he has whipped your arse.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 14, 2014, 12:53:18 pm
Dont be so sure about that.

Based on what I have heard on the radio, and seen posted here, his intelligence peaked at around age 3.

His rants on the radio you still listen to. I find myself not changing the station when he goes off on a rant about this or that. Then he gets on Jump Ball and says the same 4 attacks at the hogville nation.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 14, 2014, 12:13:51 pm
If I understand what you are saying, you're saying that Ole Miss, MsState, A&M, LSU, BAMA, Auburn, UGA, Tenn, Vandy, Mizzou, USC all have good coaches, but we have a better one because his limited success has been better than these others. Isn't the SEC a football league, none of these teams give two sh-ts about basketball.
I'm saying we have a very good coach that is improving the program.there are a lot of Greg Marshall lovers that make this guy seem like a top five coach. It's Mike third year but fire this guy. If this is the standard Greg would be unemployed and wouldn't coach W. State to a NIT title in year four. We care about basketball and besides Florida and Kentucky we have a shot to make a move in the SEC. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2014, 01:03:57 pm
I'm saying we have a very good coach that is improving the program.there are a lot of Greg Marshall lovers that make this guy seem like a top five coach. It's Mike third year but fire this guy. If this is the standard Greg would be unemployed and wouldn't coach W. State to a NIT title in year four. We care about basketball and besides Florida and Kentucky we have a shot to make a move in the SEC. 

What about that San Diego State coach. He beat Kansas in Lawrence!

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2014, 01:03:57 pm
. It's Mike third year but fire this guy.

I have seen exactly ONE post saying to fire Mike Anderson.  Being critical of his or his teams shortcomings IS NOT calling for his firing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2014, 01:16:28 pm
I have seen exactly ONE post saying to fire Mike Anderson.  Being critical of his or his teams shortcomings IS NOT calling for his firing.

I agree with FCJ! There are guys on this board that are nothing but haters. This team is growing but few fail to acknowledge. MA made a tough decision to suspend two solid players but since the suspension they have helped this team. My issue is a lot of guys are not fair with their assessment of this team. Too many people mention the Marshallguy but want check his record.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2014, 01:16:28 pm

Most of us are skeptical but are not asking for CMA to be fired. FCJ however thinks everyone is a hater that doesn't agree with him

hogsanity

mizzouman

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on February 14, 2014, 12:43:45 pm
Don't hold your breath waiting on a rational response.

In fact if I were you, I would get a head start on finding some rocks and petitioning Jeff Long to give Pelphrey his job back.
Just want the guy to justify his rants, that's all.  If he can, that's great.  If he can't, it may be because of an agenda.  But, no one really knows.

hogsanity

TheRazorbackGuy

MountieDawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2014, 01:28:49 pm
I agree with FCJ! There are guys on this board that are nothing but haters. This team is growing but few fail to acknowledge. MA made a tough decision to suspend two solid players but since the suspension they have helped this team. My issue is a lot of guys are not fair with their assessment of this team. Too many people mention the Marshallguy but want check his record.

This year    4 -7 SEC at this time
Last Year    6-5
Year Before 6-5
Year Before 5-6
Year Before 6-5

I am not seeing the great improvement....
SEC!

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 14, 2014, 01:49:27 pm
Letsroll is acting like a FCJ clone for sure....

and a quck scan of his posts history shows an almost exclusive relationship to threads started by or heavily posted in by FCJ.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2014, 01:57:07 pm
and a quck scan of his posts history shows an almost exclusive relationship to threads started by or heavily posted in by FCJ.

So he has a multiple account? Just these posts by letsroll seem to be better written than the ones by FCJ

TheOtherColombia

Mick Hogger

I'm pretty sure FCJ has enough trouble managing one account
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Mick Hogger on February 14, 2014, 02:26:17 pm
I'm pretty sure FCJ has enough trouble managing one account

He has no idea where the shift key is that's for sure.

code red

Please...all the sunshine guys.  What the heck has improved??  Defense and Rebounding have regressed.  You can't debate those.  What has improved???
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou