Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: TxArky on September 05, 2013, 08:35:00 am
I have a question for you all in regards to the Okie State game, and others like it.  Wouldn't a game like this be perfect for a coach to play more of his 2nd and 3rd string guys and not run up the score that much?  This just seems to me a good chance to get those other guys more prepared just in case the guy(s) ahead of them get injured (or caught doing something stupid).  This especially applies to defensive players with the targeting rule now in play as it is.

side note: this bet is tempting me.

Many of OSU's 2nd and 3rd stringers would start for their opponent on day 1. Keep that in mind.

razorbacker231

Howdy all!  I have been gone a while, but i heard it is football season again?  Checking in on my favorite type threads!  The degenerates.  My people.  ;)  i use that affectionately, as I am paddling the boat, right beside you.  I read back the past couple pages.  Yes, these threads are hands down the best.  People here take of the cardinal colored blinders, and have real (less biased) opinions.

Well, I am late to the party, but also took okie st.
I also have FAU for tonights game at +21.5  This is a free bet.  I just think that spread is huge against a conference opponent.  Looking to last week, E Carolina did lay the smack down on Dominion, but to be honest, i have never even heard of that team until i was checking this matchup out???  And FAU, didn't lose by much more than 21 to Miami, last week.  I know they are not the Miami of old, but still put enough weight on that showing to sway my bet.

I will be locking other teams in tomorrow.  As for now tho, that is all I am locked in on.

Huckleberry Pig

Awesome stuff widespread, ESP the punting stat.  Love this damn thread, something I never woulda picked up on.  I'll go ahead and lock in Oregon at -22.5 as well for a 2* play. 

In regards to okie state, like someone mentioned (on the phone, can't see who) but even okie states 2nd string will be significantly better than UTSA and they will want to play hard to fight for playing time in big games.  Still sticking with okie state but whoever brought up that topic maybe taking this one easy definitely has a point.  Just think okie states 2nd string will still be too good.  That's what I'm bettering on.  Could be wrong though, that's why they call it betting!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 05, 2013, 09:52:06 am
Awesome stuff widespread, ESP the punting stat.  Love this damn thread, something I never woulda picked up on.  I'll go ahead and lock in Oregon at -22.5 as well for a 2* play. 

In regards to okie state, like someone mentioned (on the phone, can't see who) but even okie states 2nd string will be significantly better than UTSA and they will want to play hard to fight for playing time in big games.  Still sticking with okie state but whoever brought up that topic maybe taking this one easy definitely has a point.  Just think okie states 2nd string will still be too good.  That's what I'm bettering on.  Could be wrong though, that's why they call it betting!

I always use the hogs that transfer to UCA as an example. Our 3rd and 4th string QB's leave UofA for UCA and start for the bears almost automatically. I realize that UTSA is slightly higher caliber than UCA but you get my point. The talent gap is that big.

razorbacker231

was -22.5 a typo for Oregon?  I am seeing it at 24.5?  I was on the fence on that bet. 
And also was taking the other side to awburn...tho not sure if i was going to bet it or not.  I felt more comfy they would cover.  Guess i need to read back on this thread a little further, or do some more research.

Huckleberry Pig

BJOhog

still not on the ok state bandwagon I wanted to see more points against the provably worst secondary they would see all year but traditiobally I know that it's a good play

same sort of with oregon I dont like nee coaches I want to get ib another week of football before I play these

to me the Texas game is the number one play this week but hell I thought vandy was a week ago

widespreadsooie

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 10:31:31 am
still not on the ok state bandwagon I wanted to see more points against the provably worst secondary they would see all year but traditiobally I know that it's a good play

same sort of with oregon I dont like nee coaches I want to get ib another week of football before I play these

to me the Texas game is the number one play this week but hell I thought vandy was a week ago

Mississippi State's secondary is not the worst they will see all year. Why do you say that? The secondary they face this weekend will be ten times worse.

widespreadsooie

BJOhog

A lil hyperbolly I guess I just don't put want stock in miss state defense and especially secondary I think it will prove to be the bottom in sec and near bottom of big 12 ivwatxked that last game I had hoped they were better bit now I'm even considering outing money on alcorn state against them

Anyone's thoughts on sc and Georgia

I think sc all the way and not real close

If Miami kicks Florida hard which I think they will and if tenner game is close it's going to make the east look soft and may effect lines imba lil giddy

BJOhog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 05, 2013, 12:12:41 pm
Two more:

Bay/Buf o67.5
IU/Navy o68

Unit each

Good overs I saw them to
Was thinking about the over tonight to

SPAL

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 12:13:04 pm
A lil hyperbolly I guess I just don't put want stock in miss state defense and especially secondary I think it will prove to be the bottom in sec and near bottom of big 12 ivwatxked that last game I had hoped they were better bit now I'm even considering outing money on alcorn state against them

Anyone's thoughts on sc and Georgia

I think sc all the way and not real close

If Miami kicks Florida hard which I think they will and if tenner game is close it's going to make the east look soft and may effect lines imba lil giddy

I think UGA wins easily.

BJOhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 05, 2013, 12:22:52 pm
I think UGA wins easily.

Any reason mine is that I don't think Georgia hand handle average to good defense and the coaches are not real good at game planing against good defenses they should have beat bama and clrmsov and sc but they wont

Anyone notice that Toledo line droppi like a rock

McKdaddy

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 12:26:03 pm

Anyone notice that Toledo line droppi like a rock

I've not noticed that BJO. On my site it opened -14.5, quickly went to -17, then since 9/2 has bounced between -17 to -17.5.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BJOhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 05, 2013, 12:36:53 pm
I've not noticed that BJO. On my site it opened -14.5, quickly went to -17, then since 9/2 has bounced between -17 to -17.5.
Sorry their I have a man in Tulsa that emails me a spreadsheet and my old eyes got crossed o was reading ten points but that was the next game

Huckleberry Pig

On vacay so gonna go ahead and lock in my picks...

Okie State -26.5 -- 3*
Oregon -22.5 -- 2*
Western Kentucky +13.5 -- 1*
Arkansas State +10.5 -- 1*
South Caroline +3 -- 1*

McKdaddy

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 12:56:27 pm
Sorry their I have a man in Tulsa that emails me a spreadsheet and my old eyes got crossed o was reading ten points but that was the next game

No problem, BJO...I was gettin' ready to talk to your guy to grab some action on Mizzou, ha.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I'm not playing anything tonight.  See nothing I like at all.

If I was forced to bet would play Denver and the under.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

About Georgia...it wasn't on my board so I haven't researched it. Just a gut feeling really.

razorbacker231

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 05, 2013, 01:02:24 pm
I'm not playing anything tonight.  See nothing I like at all.

If I was forced to bet would play Denver and the under.

Well, it is somewhat comforting you pick den and under. I am on both of those.  Less comforting that you have no conviction on them. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: razorbacker231 on September 05, 2013, 01:40:49 pm

Well, it is somewhat comforting you pick den and under. I am on both of those.  Less comforting that you have no conviction on them. 

Lol sorry. Those picks should e good, but not willing to risk money on it.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Gonna wait till closer to kickoff to see if the line will move back to 8, but I'm gonna play the ravens. If not, I'll buy the hook.

I like the ravens offense against the broncos D. Not having Von Miller will give Flacco another second to scan the field and expose a less than stellar secondary. I also expect ray rice to have a nice game.

Manning will get his but the ravens still have elite talent on defense. Ngata and Suggs along with Dumerville will do enough to limit Manning.

I like the broncos in a close one...28-24

JHESTER

What are you guys opinions on Utah State -9.5 over Air Force.  Chuckie Keeton looks solid and Air Force has their #2 QB starting for the first time. 

razorbacker231

I don't like your attitude, sir pigs a lot! ;) But make it 20 28, and you have my full support!  ;D

SPAL

Quote from: JHESTER on September 05, 2013, 02:45:26 pm
What are you guys opinions on Utah State -9.5 over Air Force.  Chuckie Keeton looks solid and Air Force has their #2 QB starting for the first time. 

I like Air Force. I would buy the hook to 10. Utah state coming off an emotional loss to a rival. I like the heavy home dog in this spot. Keeton is gonna get his but the trie option attack will be able to match them. Just my opinion, of course.

SPAL

Quote from: razorbacker231 on September 05, 2013, 02:50:30 pm
I don't like your attitude, sir pigs a lot! ;) But make it 20 28, and you have my full support!  ;D

Lol....just my "expert" opinion. I could be way off base...

BJOhog

ok boys placed all my week bets this is what im playing

2 Team Parlay
             Arkansas -32½ -110* vs Samford
          Texas A&M -37 -110* vs Sam Houston State

3 Team Parlay
             Miami Florida +3 -120* vs Florida
             South Carolina +3 +100* vs Georgia
             Texas U -7½ +105* vs BYU
Florida Atlantic/East Carolina Over 55½ -110*
South Carolina +3 +100* vs Georgia
Arizona State -37 -110* vs CS Sacramento
Alcorn State +42½ -110* vs Mississippi State
Miami Florida +3 -115* vs Florida
Texas U -7½ -105* vs BYU
Toledo +17½ -110* vs Missouri
Louisville -41 -110* vs Eastern Kentucky
Arkansas -32½ -110* vs Samford 

Ill put a unit on each i bet a lot in my real life and i cant realy divide it up to corect proportions here i guess im determined not to leave my dang ole kids a drop when i pass away hoho
I think my bankroll droped to 1050 here but i need to check that

in real life i put a passsel lot of change on miami texas lousiveille
i dont have a lot of faith in toledo arkansas i never know if im linded by love or not but by al indications they should win by 50 i picked a little acord state action for giggles

arizona state and south cadilac are just hunches dont follow me there

la20688

I think I agree with "sir-pigs-a-lot":  Denver defense is going to be a little thin tonight, without Miller & Bailey. That should help Flacco open things up w/ Rice, Jacoby Jones & T. Smith. However Denver should score enough to win something like 34-27.

1 unit Bal +8
1 unit ovr 48

-3 units on the year. Hopefully I start off better in the pros.

BJOhog

September 05, 2013, 04:49:55 pm #3379 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:10:36 pm by billyjoeozark
i got in on airforse to after you mentioned it just now thanks
   $71.00   Pending   9/7/13 3:30pm  College Football  330 Air Force +9½ -110* vs Utah State 

hey JHESTER btw i like utah state a hole ton actually both schools in that state i am jsut taking airforce because i think they lose by 7 its not a solid bet so dont get shaken out of your analisis i just looked at it real quick and came up with a score in my head and went with it i think it goes way over too

Huckleberry Pig

Well, started our vacation off well.. Was riding with my gf and her parents and while we were at the aquarium with the rest of the extended fam the car got broken into.  GF's work computer (new MacBook Pro) got stolen along with her moms brand new iPad and Nikon camera with an $800 lens....

If you have a chance to go to Corpus Christi go ahead and pass on that

BJOhog

September 05, 2013, 04:52:01 pm #3381 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:04:04 pm by billyjoeozark
Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 05, 2013, 04:50:33 pm
Well, started our vacation off well.. Was riding with my gf and her parents and while we were at the aquarium with the rest of the extended fam the car got broken into.  GF's work computer (new MacBook Pro) got stolen along with her moms brand new iPad and Nikon camera with an $800 lens....

im sory to hear that man its a crap hole so is galveston i got to freeport a lot its in middle of the two

i didnt know you lived around houston im here for a while for family

kemah is a little upity for me but no crime there ewither

make sure they start changing passwords and such real fast incase its an inteligent burgler that can find cc numbers from emails

SPAL

Oh dang man....sorry to hear that.

razorbacker231

That sucks man.  No chance you have the device locations turned on, on the mac stuff, is there?

Oliver

Quote from: la20688 on September 05, 2013, 04:44:53 pm
I think I agree with "sir-pigs-a-lot":  Denver defense is going to be a little thin tonight, without Miller & Bailey. That should help Flacco open things up w/ Rice, Jacoby Jones & T. Smith. However Denver should score enough to win something like 34-27.

1 unit Bal +8
1 unit ovr 48

-3 units on the year. Hopefully I start off better in the pros.

Peyton Manning is killer vs the spread when his teams are laying 8 or more points.  It's a tough call.  I'd take Denver -7.5 but wouldnt feel great about it

McKdaddy

That stinks.

SPAL

Went ahead and bought the hook and locked in...

Ravens +8   2 units

SPAL

Quote from: Oliver on September 05, 2013, 05:18:42 pm
Peyton Manning is killer vs the spread when his teams are laying 8 or more points.  It's a tough call.  I'd take Denver -7.5 but wouldnt feel great about it

Good to see you Oliver.... Still a mets fan?

BJOhog

i give you boys this you have big brass balls bwetting this nfl game i dont like anything any angle any bet

if i had to bet because someone had a gun to my groin it would be the under and only the under which sounds crazy

but i just might let that dude shoot his old man first

its a thin bronco team up against a team that many feel myself included that got hot at the right time last year and aint all that cindering ashes both teams that people are betting heavy on to win the superbowl but i just dont se eit
I have stared at numbers all day called up some friends for opinions and i just dont see a single angle that i can sink my teeth into

You guys have guts i love ya all

any by the way the only dang reason id take the under is cause unders on week one since 2000 win at a pretty nice clip nothing even to do with the two teams

SPAL

OldCoot

I'm seeing some more for comments haven't laid on them yet.  What u think?

Duke -4 over Memphis.

Oregon -23 over [CENSORED].

Ohio State -28 over San Diego State.

Bowling Green -7 over Kent State.

Michigan -4 over Notre Dame.

Huckleberry Pig

Nah they erased it the devices immediately and we were at the aquarium for a while.  Shortly after that we went to a gas station and got verbally assaulted by some fat lady for no reason, telling us she was gonna cut us and stuff (we were all in the car).  It has been an interesting 5 hours in corpus haha.  Ready to get the hell outa here!

And BJO I'm actually from Dallas

BJOhog

Quote from: Dude on September 05, 2013, 06:08:17 pm

Duke -4 over Memphis.

i like all those other than michigan cause once again its two unknown quantitiys for me and im a careful better if i had to take one id take michigan reluctantly because i believe in laws of ole averages and michigan has had like 10 turnovers against notre dame last two years and i think that will average out a little next couple of years

i dont like either qb at all and i mean at all
Gardner had two stupid picks but i do like Toussaint a lot

so yeah if you have to play that one michigan looks good but i dont have a great teethbite into it

BJOhog

i got a friend that owns a shop up in dallas that i visit next time im there ill hit ya up and see if  i can get you folk some deals on new electronics

OldCoot

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 06:16:24 pm
i like all those other than michigan cause once again its two unknown quantitiys for me and im a careful better if i had to take one id take michigan reluctantly because i believe in laws of ole averages and michigan has had like 10 turnovers against notre dame last two years and i think that will average out a little next couple of years

i dont like either qb at all and i mean at all
Gardner had two stupid picks but i do like Toussaint a lot

so yeah if you have to play that one michigan looks good but i dont have a great teethbite into it

They all looked good to me but i'd be laying all my profit.  Did Mich & Nd play last year?

BJOhog

Quote from: Dude on September 05, 2013, 06:32:29 pm
They all looked good to me but i'd be laying all my profit.  Did Mich & Nd play last year?

yes like 4 ints and one fuble from michigan and they still came within  a touchdown if i remember right
and to do you justice these are two teams i have not laid down the numbers for the other games you mentioned i am more familiar with the players and trends
i also wouldnt touch the over or under in that nd game because i think its a coin flip unless you really investigate it and get some ideas and if you do please share them with us

OldCoot

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 05, 2013, 06:34:51 pm
yes like 4 ints and one fuble from michigan and they still came within  a touchdown if i remember right
and to do you justice these are two teams i have not laid down the numbers for the other games you mentioned i am more familiar with the players and trends
i also wouldnt touch the over or under in that nd game because i think its a coin flip unless you really investigate it and get some ideas and if you do please share them with us

Last thing in my mind is their last game against Bama.  I know they haven't got better without Teo and Michigan looks good. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Dude on September 05, 2013, 06:08:17 pm

Duke -4 over Memphis.

Great job at getting Duke at 4. I like that to hit. Was thinking about em at 6.5 but decided to stay away.

BJOhog

Quote from: Dude on September 05, 2013, 06:50:51 pm
Last thing in my mind is their last game against Bama.  I know they haven't got better without Teo and Michigan looks good.
you have to keep in perspective that nd is a pretty good team last year and likely this year and bama would have destroyed both last year

south cadillac did have a tougher time than i expected with michigan in that new years day bowl

to get down to this if i wanted to play it i would lok at some youtube on ND defensive line and michigans ofensive lines last week

the winner of those two units is who i would bet wins the game

Huckleberry Pig

Can't wait for the game tonight.  Would take Baltimore plus the points if I had to chose, but am just gonna get a little drunk and watch tonight.