Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC-W Recruiting Updates

Started by jbcarol, June 10, 2012, 07:36:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2h
New #Auburn commit Sean White might be from Fort Lauderdale, but the dude is kickin' some Bama Bangs http://ow.ly/n24Ei

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on July 16, 2013, 09:03:14 pm
Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2h
New #Auburn commit Sean White might be from Fort Lauderdale, but the dude is kickin' some Bama Bangs http://ow.ly/n24Ei

That's impressive. He even has his beautician behind him doing his hair while throwing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Stanton tru @TRUitt_thaTRUth
I have officially committed to Auburn University!!! I want to thank everyone for the support, it means a lot #WarEagle #Auburn 🐅🐅

"They showed me how they used Darren McFadden and Felix Jones at Arkansas and how they started the wildcat," Truitt told Rivals.com.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Highly touted QB prospect Brandon Harris chooses LSU over Auburn, Ohio State

QuoteFour-star Bossier City (La.) Parkway quarterback Brandon Harris chose LSU, announcing his decision at 2 p.m. Central via an ESPN Recruiting Nation webcast.

"The reason I made that decision is I like the competition at quarterback at LSU," said Harris, who plans to graduate early and be an early enrollee.

"I knew with (LSU offensive coordinator) coach (Cam) Cameron, him being a former NFL coach, I knew with his ability to coach quarterbacks at the highest level -- Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers -- I knew that's where I wanted to be."

He also didn't want to put his grandma through a "14-hour car ride" to Ohio State games.

jbcarol

5.5-rated Tuscaloosa Hillcrest OLB Keith Holcombe has given a verbal to State.

He has offers from UK, GaTech, NC State, et al.

Geography trivia: Tuscaloosa to Starkville is the shortest drive between two schools in the SEC.

jbcarol

Reeve Koehler ‏@reeve_koehler78 36m
8 commits in one weekend? IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE A HOG #wps #NEVERYIELD

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Former Benton High School star TK Fleming is looking for another chance

QuoteAfter four arrests before the start of his senior [Fall 2010] season, his coach kicked him off the team.

Even though he sat out his senior season, multiple programs were still willing to take a chance on the talented yet troubled defensive back. LSU, UCLA, Nebraska, Mississippi State and Oklahoma State were just some of the teams gunning for the youngster's services.

Fleming took the junior college route, making a stop at Copiah-Lincoln CC. Fleming could not evade his legal troubles and served a short jail sentence for unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling during his freshman year.

Emphasis mine.

jbcarol

jbcarol

"The only concern I have with a program like Alabama, with them being so good, you would think it's going to take a while for you to develop and actually see the field. But believe it or not, between them and UGA, I have a lot higher chance of seeing the field earlier at Alabama. If you look at both depth charts at both schools, I actually have a better chance of seeing the field earlier at Alabama. Plus I always had a lot of interest in Alabama."

Christian Miller is a 4-star recruit from Columbia, S.C., and the son of former NFL and South Carolina linebacker Corey Miller.

QuoteMiller told the AJC. "I talked to Coach (Nick) Saban, and he was very excited. They haven't landed an outside linebacker yet. He wanted to make sure there wasn't any pressure from them, and he was excited.

"He said I was the No. 1 outside linebacker on their board. It felt good to hearing that from program like that and a coach like that."

Miller said Alabama was his favorite all along, but wasn't sure he had a committable offer he initially picked Florida last February.

jbcarol

⚡Racean Thomas⚡ (ElGoldenChild)
Global

ROC the right choice for ya is to join the best damn program in the nation!!!! why would you even consider a trash *** school like AW-BARN?!? its a no brainer really

I don't think you get it. I earned the opportunity, the offers, the choices. So I can decide wherever wether its auburn bama or ITT tech! I'm not here to make you or any other fan happy. My goal is to put a smile on my FAMILYS' face ! Js

R O C⚡ ‏@El_GoldenChild 8h
Are you considering ITT Tech? — No http://ask.fm/a/57jfioe6

The ROC or El Golden Child is an Oxford RB who is undecided, claims he knows where he stands on the school's boards and that he is getting the most love from UK and Auburn fans.

jbcarol

Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams 5h
Hillcrest LB Keith Holcombe tells me he has switched his commitment from #MissSt to #Alabama.

jbcarol

Coach Saban clears up confusion over Alabama grayshirt

QuoteSaban cleared up the confusion on how freshman OL Bradley Bozeman was allowed to join this year's team on Friday.

Bozeman, who committed to Alabama in June 2011, was asked to take a "grayshirt" offer last January and delay his enrollment after suffering a season-ending knee injury as a high school senior.

How did that happen? Where did a roster spot open up for the two-time national champions?

At a Friday press conference, the mystery was solved: Saban said another freshman recruit, 4-star DT Darius Paige, was "medically discharged."

"Darius Paige has medical issues that has caused our medical staff to think that it is not safe for him to play, so he has been medically disqualified," Saban said.

"He is here, and we are helping to support him. He will be on scholarship. he will get an education, but our medical staff is working with him right now to try to help improve his condition. I can't comment any further on that."

"Our numbers were where they needed to be, relative to initials and 85 and all of that," Saban said.

Darius Paige ‏@Darius_Paige 2 Aug
Nobody deserves to be treated like an option

jbcarol

Antreal Allen @TheAssassin_7

Just Committed to UCLA!!!!!!!! #Bruins

Allen is a 5.4-rated CB attending Auburn High.

jbcarol

abc3340 ABC 33/40 News 2 Aug
Nick Saban's latest recruiting pitch at #Alabama:  $51,810,000. http://bit.ly/19Cxk70  pic.twitter.com/l5Makfh69x

jbcarol

5.7-rated West Point RB Aeris Williams has given a verbal to State. Holds offers from Ole Miss, Fl. State, and Wisconsin.

jbcarol

2015 Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure pro-style quarterback Ricky Town gave a verbal to Bama.

Uncommon

August 06, 2013, 10:43:04 pm #370 Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:04:12 am by BeastBack 50
Like Kevin Shorter (August 17) and Jared Cornelius (August 9), Gerri Green will also be deciding soon.

https://twitter.com/GerriG_14/status/364949492371427329

Here was the last article written about Gerri Green by Richard Davenport - http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/aug/02/new-facility-hit-green/

Hopefully, we blew him away on his unofficial visit here so much that he knows Arkansas is the place for him.

SPAL

Good looking frame. Could easily add 30-40 pounds. We are recruiting him as a DE.

HogHomer

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 07, 2013, 12:01:14 am
Good looking frame. Could easily add 30-40 pounds. We are recruiting him as a DE.
People seem to think he is a hard MSU lean.

ARtillahog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 07, 2013, 12:01:14 am

6'4" 225 (plus 30-40 puts him at a high of 265) 

Bama's OLBs that are in that range -
Adrian HUbbard (6'6" 252)
Xzavier Dickson (6'3" 265)
Reggie Ragland (6'2" 259 really an ILB)
Denzel Devall (6'2" 250)
Jonathan Allen (6'3" 264)
Ryan Anderson (6'2" 255)
FR Tim Williams (6'3" 235)

I understand that Bama runs a 3-4 and requires their OLBs to be more of the "stand-up DE" but they are still covering receivers and coming off the edge.  If you watch Gerri Green's highlight tape, he is primarily covering the #2 receiver and coming off the edge in a stand-up role.  He does have some film with his hand down.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 07:26:58 am

Denzel Devall (6'2" 250)
Ryan Anderson (6'2" 255)

I understand that Bama runs a 3-4 and requires their OLBs to be more of the "stand-up DE" but they are still covering receivers and coming off the edge.  If you watch Gerri Green's highlight tape, he is primarily covering the #2 receiver and coming off the edge in a stand-up role.  He does have some film with his hand down.

Every recruiting guy for Arkansas has reported we are recruiting him as a DE. 

Razorhawg09

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 07:26:58 am

Denzel Devall (6'2" 250)
Ryan Anderson (6'2" 255)

You haven't watched much of Bama if you think guys like Hubbard are covering receivers.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on August 07, 2013, 07:43:36 am
You haven't watched much of Bama if you think guys like Hubbard are covering receivers.

That's also why I noted how Bama uses their OLBs.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on August 07, 2013, 07:39:06 am
Every recruiting guy for Arkansas has reported we are recruiting him as a DE.

Robert Turbeville says otherwise "Greenville (Miss.) Weston athlete Gerri Green came into his Arkansas visit last week wanting "to put faces with names" and see what the UA was all about."  247 article posted 6 days ago.  http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Hogs-help-their-cause-with-3-star-ATH-Gerri-Green-141574

ARtillahog

Of course that article also says Green is 6'5" 210.

3BoarsDown

MSU or Ark, he didnt show up for a visit to OM last weekend.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 08:08:14 am
Robert Turbeville says otherwise "Greenville (Miss.) Weston athlete Gerri Green came into his Arkansas visit last week wanting “to put faces with names” and see what the UA was all about."  247 article posted 6 days ago.  http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Hogs-help-their-cause-with-3-star-ATH-Gerri-Green-141574

You clearly didn't read the article.

Green, a three-star prospect being recruited as a defensive end, was offered Friday shortly after his unofficial visit to the UA concluded.

ARtillahog

Yeah, I just pulled the athlete deal out of thin air to make my point...

Tim Harris

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 09:52:30 am
Yeah, I just pulled the athlete deal out of thin air to make my point...

It does appear that way since the 2nd paragraph says we are recruiting him as a DE.

ARtillahog

Read the VERY first line!!!  I will admit, later in the article the only person he talked to was Partridge/Bielema and not Shannon.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 10:00:01 am
Read the VERY first line!!!  I will admit, later in the article the only person he talked to was Partridge/Bielema and not Shannon.

I read that.  Yes he is listed as an athlete but we are recruiting him as a DE which is the point I've been trying to make all along.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on August 07, 2013, 10:02:03 am
I read that.  Yes he is listed as an athlete but we are recruiting him as a DE which is the point I've been trying to make all along.

Stop bringing facts in and ruining the discussion!

onebadrubi

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 10:41:12 am

I think two people are logging in as ARtillahog

Tim Harris

Quote from: ARtillahog on August 07, 2013, 10:41:12 am

wait what?  Did you forget which account you were signed in with?

regi

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on August 07, 2013, 08:24:38 am
MSU or Ark, he didnt show up for a visit to OM last weekend.

This, all 247 predictions have MSU as the winner. Greenville is a 5 hour drive to Fayettnam, 2 and 1/2 hour drive to Starkganistan. Hope it aint a factor, but could be.

booogaga

just committed to MSU

Coach Warren VPreps ‏@DemetricDWarren 8m

Breaking: 2014 Elite LB Gerri Green commits! #HailState http://www.varsitypreps.com/breaking-news-2014-elite-lb-gerri-green-commits-mississippi-state/ ... @GerriG_14 @VarsityPreps
Retweeted by Richard Davenport

As of right now there is nothing on his twitter but if Richard re-tweets it I believe it to be true.
GO HOGS!

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on August 07, 2013, 11:18:06 am
wait what?  Did you forget which account you were signed in with?

No, I was just throwing in a laugh moment.  Guess I should've added an emoticon or something.  Only one person here.  If you question that, just ask a mod.

Wildhog

Oh well.  Dude may have taken a gander at the depth chart.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RedyorNot

Quote from: booogaga on August 07, 2013, 12:08:41 pm
just committed to MSU

Coach Warren VPreps ‏@DemetricDWarren 8m

Breaking: 2014 Elite LB Gerri Green commits! #HailState http://www.varsitypreps.com/breaking-news-2014-elite-lb-gerri-green-commits-mississippi-state/ ... @GerriG_14 @VarsityPreps
Retweeted by Richard Davenport

As of right now there is nothing on his twitter but if Richard re-tweets it I believe it to be true.

He has a video of himself committing, so that solves that. Oh well, nothing to see here.

jbcarol

Greenville LB/DE Gerri Green gave a verbal to State.

jbcarol

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 9 Aug
Today is feeling more and more like "Double the Fun Friday" #NeverYield pic.twitter.com/AQEeykCM2J

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC 14 Aug
Jeremy Maclin & Percy Harvin need to go see docs at Jacksonville State. They performed miracle w ex #Bama player: http://bit.ly/18sySfW

jbcarol

Hugh Freeze ‏@CoachHughFreeze 7h
During fall camp yesterday and  our family caught another fish. Not a big boy but those points sure count! pic.twitter.com/xFA3wRpYtI

Kicker Gary Wunderlich gave a verbal to Ole Miss.

jbcarol

Ole Miss lands talented North Panola duo

QuoteWillie Hibbler and Justin Conner have played sports together since they were children.

Friday night the talented pair from North Panola High School decided to keep that connection going for at least a few more years. Hibbler, a junior, and Conner, a sophomore, verbally committed to Ole Miss following a jamboree win over Coahoma County.

"I think first of all the most important thing was the proximity, with it being so close to home," said North Panola coach Derek King. "It's SEC and to be able to have that option and be a 20-25 minute drive down the road was the biggest thing.

"...I think they felt most comfortable at Ole Miss. There was more familiarity because they know guys on the Ole Miss team already."

Hibbler, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound receiver, chose the Rebels over scholarship offers from Vanderbilt and Memphis. He is ranked a four-star prospect by 247Composite...

Connor, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound sophomore running back ran a steady sub 4.5 40-yard time through the summer, according to King, with his best effort a 4.43 in Tupelo. His cousin Tony signed with the Rebels last February. He chose Ole Miss over a State offer.

WyomingTiger8888

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/08/barbe_wide_receiver_trey_quinn_2.html#incart_river

Barbe wide receiver Trey Quinn became the 14th commitment to LSU's 2014 class when he pledged to the Tigers on Saturday.

Quinn selected LSU over Auburn, Clemson, Ole Miss, Texas, and Texas Tech. The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder is the No. 7 prospect in the NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune Nifty 50 and is the No. 3 ranked receiver in the country according to ESPN.

Quinn, who has been timed as low as 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, sits at 4,599 receiving yards for his career and needs 1,269 to break former Evangel receiver Abram Booty's state record. Quinn needs 1,758 yards to surpass national record holder Dorail Green-Beckham who is now at Missouri.