Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC-W Recruiting Updates

Started by jbcarol, June 10, 2012, 07:36:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 12h12 hours ago

Kevin Steele is listed as the secondary recruiter for 3 #LSU's 2016 commits: OL Jakori Savage & DE/OLBs Rahssan Thornton and Erick Fowler.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 6h6 hours ago

Hogs hope for good news before Liberty Bowl: Arkansas fans will watch the Hogs take on Kansas State in the Lib... http://bit.ly/1mnIRA9
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Devwah Whaley Retweeted
Horns247 ‏@Horns247  3h3 hours ago
Four-star RB Devwah Whaley (@devwah_whaley) breaks down his upcoming decision: http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Decision-primer-Devwah-Whaley--42416481 ...

QuoteArkansas

Pros: "I love the coaches at Arkansas. They are all great, and we have a really great relationship. Coach (Bret) Bielema is a great coach. He puts a lot of offensive linemen and running backs in the NFL."

Cons: "The distance is not as bad, but it's still not as close to home. That's pretty much the only con with them."

jbcarol

Devwah Whaley Retweeted
Gerry Hamilton ‏@HamiltonESPN  51m51 minutes ago
#UAAllAmerica Awards Banquet: RB @devwah_whaley and family with Team Highlight head coach Herm Edwards

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shea Dixon ‏@Sheadixon 8m8 minutes ago

And more breaking news... #LSU now has the No. 1 recruiting class in the country for 2016. http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/LSU-back-with-the-No-1-class-42477262 ...

QuoteIt was an odd stretch for LSU to end the 2015 year, with the Tigers losing three commitments from a class that was ranked No. 1 in the country, a dip from 19 verbal pledges down to 16 that dropped LSU to the No. 6 spot in the 247Sports Team Rankings.

But after a commitment from Stephen Sullivan last weekend and a commitment from Drake Davis on Saturday, the Tigers have rebounded in a big way - and retaken the top spot in the 247Sports Rankings.

They love the Drake

Not many would have guessed #LSU would get Stephen Sullivan, Drake Davis, Dee Anderson and Da'Monte Coxie at WR. Impressive finish for 2016.

WyomingTiger8888

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/01/lsu_is_home_for_john_ehrets_mi.html#incart_river_index

LSU is 'home' for John Ehret's Michael Divinity as linebacker recommits

ORLANDO, Fla. – On Dec. 16, John Ehret linebacker Michael Divinity decided he needed more time to make his decision and de-committed from LSU.

On Jan. 2, a little over two weeks later, Divinity had heard all he needed to from LSU coaches as he committed once again to the Tigers. He chose LSU over Texas A&M.

Divinity said he's spoken to LSU recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson, head coach Les Miles and special teams coordinator/linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto and his relationship with those coaches played a major role in his recommitment.

jbcarol

'16 5-11 3-star Powder Springs WR Tyler Simmons gave a verbal to Bama.

jbcarol

Garett Bolles ‏@gbolles74 2h2 hours ago

I am proud to announce that the Bolles family has committed to the University of Utah! #GoUtes

jbcarol

Matt Stepp ‏@Matt_Stepp817 1h1 hour ago

Breaking Allen HC Tom Westerberg is leaving Allen to take over at Barbers Hill #txhsfb

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bama loses commitment from four-star linebacker

QuoteAlabama is down a commitment after Jaquan Yulee tweeted that he has de-committed from the program.

"After a long talk with my family I decided to de-commit from Alabama and open up my recruitment," Yulee said on Twitter. "I still love Bama just want to make sure I'm making the right choice."

Yulee, a four-star linebacker from Chesapeake, Va...

jbcarol

Shea Dixon ‏@Sheadixon 48m48 minutes ago

With Devin White on board, #LSU (20 commits) strengthens their grip on the No. 1 class. http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/LSU-strengthens-grip-on-No-1-class-42660753 ...

QuoteLSU has landed a commitment from Top 100 prospect Devin White, with the four-star announcing his college decision on Friday afternoon from the gymnasium at North Webster High in Springhill, La.

White is LSU's 20th commitment for the 2016 class, giving the Tigers an even stronger grip on the nation's No. 1 class.

LSU now has 281.04 points on the 247Sports Team Rankings, with Ohio State at No. 2 with 261.74 points. Florida State, Michigan and Florida round out the current top five.

With the possibility of signing more than 25 prospects in this recruiting cycle, the Tigers have a chance to finish in February with the top recruiting class...

jbcarol

Roy Lang III ‏@RoyLangIII 33m33 minutes ago

#BigGameLang: North Webster RB/LB @DevinWhite_40 signs w/ #LSU. His comments were most impressive part of ceremony  http://www.shreveporttimes.com/videos/sports/roylangiiiishow/2016/01/08/78528768/ ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

LSU offer was one 4-star safety Jamel Cook had 'been looking forward to'

QuoteSAN ANTONIO – Miami Central (Fla.) safety Jamel Cook didn't think an LSU offer was coming. But now that it has, it's given the Florida State commitment something to think about.

LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond extended an offer to the 6-foot-4, 190-pound safety this week and it was one Cook had been waiting on.

"It means hard work really pays off," Cook said. "I've been looking forward to getting offered by LSU and hopefully going up there and playing and competing for a starting spot."

Cook said he was going to take a visit to LSU but he wasn't sure exactly when as of yet. The date is tentatively scheduled for Jan. 29 with visits to Miami (Jan. 15) and Louisville (Jan. 22) also planned. He competed in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday...

There was no indication for Cook, who has been committed to Florida State since February, that an LSU offer was coming either.

"It just came out of nowhere," Cook said. "I had seen him at practice at Miami Central one time but I didn't talk to him. He just called one of my coaches and they offered me."

Cook is rated as a four-star safety by ESPN and 247 Sports and a three-star safety by Rivals.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin  3h3 hours ago
5 of top 10 ranked players in MS are uncommitted w/ less than a month til #NSD2016, & OV mania kicks off next week. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/01/09/s-official-visit-seasonlet-craziness-commence/78557380/ ...

QuoteFive of Mississippi's top 10 ranked prospects, according to 247Sports, have yet to commit. Noxubee County DE Jeffery Simmons, Starkville WR A.J. Brown, Germantown DB Nigel Knott, West Point OL Scott Lashley and Starkville DL Kobe Jones are the hottest names among uncommitted in-state talent. All five are planning multiple official visits over the next three weekends, but packing those visits into such a short time frame is harder than it looks.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger  2h2 hours ago
Maryland QB commit Dwayne Haskins is not on #LSU's visitors list for next weekend. He might be added later but he's not on the list, for now

jbcarol

Roy Lang III ‏@RoyLangIII 3h3 hours ago

ICYM: @DevinWhite_40, one of nation's top recruits, scores victory even bigger than signing with @LSUfball #LSU http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2016/01/09/choice-lsu-devin-whites-biggest-victory-friday/78563886/ ...

QuoteThe 6-foot, 258-pounder would have been lucky to play football and garner a free education at any of a list of stout options that included Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Florida State and Auburn.

The most impressive thing about White on Friday was the man he portrayed. He was dressed to the nines, appeared humble, contrite and answered every question.

White's stand-up attitude was more impressive than anything he's done on the football field. Many adults would have been combative, evasive or smug.

It wasn't a viral mug shot or questions about his character that bothered the 17-year-old who graduated early with a 3.6 grade-point average and a 24 on his ACT.

It was facing his mother.

"It hurt me to see her hurt from something that I did, from something that I did that I know I can do better," White said. "So anything she wants, I'm going to do it just to make her happy."

White's mother, Coesha Standokes, handled Friday like a pro, too.

She didn't blindly defend her baby...

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 2h2 hours ago

Courtney Cronin Retweeted Nigel Knott©

4-star Germantown DB Nigel Knott will be in Starkville on his second OV this weekend.

jbcarol

Shea Dixon ‏@Sheadixon 11m11 minutes ago

Shea Dixon Retweeted Anthony Russo

#LSU QB target Anthony Russo decommits from Rutgers..

Anthony Russo
‏@Anthony_Russo15

I would like to thank CHOPnation for everything...

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  18h18 hours ago
California juco lineman plans to visit Arkansas: Arkansas is looking to sign at least four offensive line pros... http://bit.ly/1l2j5Qp

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 12h12 hours ago

Signing Day countdown: Here's where Alabama's offensive targets stand now: http://ow.ly/WYst2 

QuoteA.J. Brown (WR, Starkville, Miss.)
Perhaps the best uncommitted offensive target on the board, the 6-foot-2 Brown will head to Tuscaloosa for his official visit this weekend. Mississippi State, Ole Miss and even California are mentioned with the four-star recruit who dominated in his two all-star games.

There are not many spots left for offensive targets, but many names still seem to be on the board...

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 1h1 hour ago

Thursday recruiting tidbits: Arkansas coaches will hit the road recruiting Thursday, the first day of the cont... http://bit.ly/1URkYvu

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  1h1 hour ago
Whaley update: Arkansas running back commitment Devwah Whaley said he will not visit Texas this weekend. http://bit.ly/1WcGMTv

jbcarol

TexAgs ‏@TexAgs 10h10 hours ago

YESSIR! Texas A&M just picked up a commitment from 4-star WR Clyde Chriss.

NOLA Warren Easton

jbcarol

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk 53m53 minutes ago

Ex-minor leaguer to return to LSU football Tigers as a walk-on http://wp.me/p14QTT-1wU7

QuoteThe last time Zack Von Rosenberg was an LSU student-athlete, he was a 19-year-old baseball pitcher who was a good enough prospect to be a fairly high draft pick...

LSU announced Thursday that Von Rosenberg will join the football Tigers for spring practice as a walk-on.  The 25-year-old Von Rosenberg, who never pitched for the Tigers, spent 2009-14 in the Pittsburgh Pirates minor league system...

Von Rosenberg is listed at 6-5, 205 pounds, so receiver or quarterback could be the preferable starting points based on those height/weight specs.

Because Von Rosenberg signed a major league deal, he's ineligible to play baseball at LSU.

Potential punter

jbcarol

LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron went to Maryland yesterday to visit with the four-star quarterback Dwayne Haskins, and after a lengthy conversation has convinced Haskins to make an official visit to LSU on Jan. 22

QuoteHaskins, a Maryland commit, remains a priority for the Tigers, who do not have a quarterback commit in its 2016 recruiting class.

Haskins was priority No. 1 for Cameron, but LSU will also have to battle with Ohio State to try and lure the prospect away from the Terrapins.

jbcarol

Kiel pollard ‏@biggtime_2 12h12 hours ago

Great meeting and talk with @CoachMichaelSmi 🐗🐗

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 14h14 hours ago Texas, USA

RB Kyle Porter said this @KylePorter_5 Twitter account is not him.

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 5h5 hours ago

Friday recruiting tidbits: One of the nation's top offensive linemen plans to officially visit Arkansas the la... http://bit.ly/1RKKyEZ

jbcarol

LSU's quest to land a quarterback in its 2016 recruiting class continues after three-star Pennsylvania quarterback Anthony Russo committed to Temple

Quote6-foot-4, 221-pound signal caller is the nation's No. 25 pro-style quarterback. More importantly, he was LSU's Plan B if the Tigers could not lure Dwayne Haskins away from a commitment to Maryland.

However, Russo's commitment to Temple comes on the same day that Haskins scheduled an official visit to Baton Rouge, La. for Jan. 22.

jbcarol

jbcarol

KAPRI DOUCET ‏@hit_squad_4  Jan 15
Had a great talk with coach Dennison from the university of Louisville! 🐔🐔TheVille

Jody Demling ‏@jdemling  15h15 hours ago
Louisville coach Bobby Petrino made the trip to Ohio this afternoon for a visit with Cardinals' commitment Seth Dawkins (@dawkins5_ )

jbcarol

2016 DeSoto 4-star 6-foot-5, 205-pound wide receiver commit Dee Anderson is expected to enroll at LSU on Tuesday

QuoteHe will be the fifth early enrollee for the Tigers, along with Saivion Smith, Michael Divinity, Devin White and Stephen Sullivan.

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  35m35 minutes ago
Recruiting Thursday interviews: An Arkansas commitment, a highly recruited junior running back and national re... http://bit.ly/1liXNxT

jbcarol

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Jan 15

University of Alabama National Championship Parade in Tuscaloosa at 10 a.m. on 1/23. Big recruiting weekend is pure coincidence.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 16, 2016, 10:19:47 am
Pop-a-Shot:

https://twitter.com/Brown1arthur/status/688213069051248640

4-star Starkville WR

AJ Brown ‏@Brown1arthur 4h4 hours ago Northport, AL

Alabama was great.Enjoyed myself.That's all y'all need to know (Reporters)😂 stay tuned #RTR 🐘( Don't call me) thanks

jbcarol

Tyler Greever ‏@Tyler_Greever 9h9 hours ago

.@CourtneyRCronin joined for me some 'Crootin With Cronin. Talked Raekwon Davis, big visits MSU, key Rebel targets. http://bit.ly/208YYzU

QuoteWJTV – Clarion-Ledger high school sports and recruiting editor Courtney Cronin joined WJTV's Tyler Greever on The Sports Zone this week to talk high school football recruiting.

Click the link above to hear from Cronin on Raekwon Davis's recruitment, a big official visit weekend at Mississippi State, and two key targets still out there for Ole Miss.

jbcarol

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN 51m51 minutes ago

Derek Tyson Retweeted Scott.

Scott Lashley names a top 3.

3-star 6-6, couple of biscuits shy of 3 bills, West Point, MS OT

Scott.
‏@Swagg3rFLOCKa_

#TOP3 🐘🐶🐯

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 16, 2016, 10:19:47 am
Pop-a-Shot:

https://twitter.com/Brown1arthur/status/688213069051248640

4-star Starkville WR

John Talty ‏@JTalty 17h17 hours ago

John Talty Retweeted AJ Brown

4-star Bama target admits Saban bested him in pop a shot

AJ Brown
‏@Brown1arthur

@AndyLeeWTVA I lost

Andy Lee ‏@AndyLeeWTVA 17h17 hours ago

@Brown1arthur Only thing I want to know is if you beat Saban in pop-a-shot?

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 41m41 minutes ago

How recruiting can help Arkansas improve backfield http://es.pn/1PbBF6G

QuoteRazorbacks' best running backs are departing. Alex Collins, who was the SEC's third-leading rusher... Jonathan Williams, a senior who was Arkansas' 2014 rushing leader but lost his final season to injury...

Returning for Arkansas is sophomore-to-be Rawleigh Williams III, who was promising in the time he saw as a true freshman (56 carries, 254 yards, 4.5 yards per rush) before he had his season cut short by a neck injury suffered in October versus Auburn (he had successful surgery and is expected to make a full recovery). Williams is talented but unproven in the SEC and battling back from neck surgery isn't easy. Kody Walker, a fullback/running back who will be a sixth-year senior, hasn't carried the ball more in a season than the 90 times he did in 2015. Carries have been scarce for Denzell Evans, who will be a junior, and redshirt sophomore-to-be Juan Day...

Arkansas benefited greatly from the departure of Mark Richt at Georgia. The third-ranked running back in the country, Devwah Whaley, committed to Georgia on Thanksgiving night, but backed off that pledge when Richt was let go. Arkansas then turned the pressure up on the 6-foot, 195-pound back and eventually landed Whaley when he announced his commitment at the Under Armour All-America Game on Jan. 2.

With Whaley's size and physical running style, the talented prospect should have a chance to compete for early playing time.

jbcarol

jbcarol

AL.com H.S. Sports ‏@aldotcomPreps 2h2 hours ago

Gordo 5-star Ben Davis switches visit plans http://ow.ly/XeMFA  #recruiting

QuoteBen Davis, the state's top prospect and a five-star linebacker from Gordo, flipped his official visit plans for the last two weekends and has an adjustment to his top five.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Davis will visit Alabama this weekend and Auburn next. Originally, it was going to be Auburn then Alabama.

Davis said he has his football banquet this weekend, so he can go to Tuscaloosa, leave for his banquet in Gordo (30-minute drive) and return to Tuscaloosa. It was more convenient to switch the dates.

Davis now says that Notre Dame has moved up to No. 2, and said Alabama and Georgia "are kind of sharing No. 1."

He said Auburn follows Notre Dame and then LSU. He officially visited LSU and Georgia last fall.

jbcarol

Shea Dixon ‏@Sheadixon 21m21 minutes ago

QB Dwayne Haskins makes the flip from Maryland to Ohio State. LSU was trying to get in on him late in the game.

OSU got 3 commits today, including Haskins. Jump #LSU for No. 1 class. But if LSU lands Rashard Lawrence, they will have No. 1 class back.

Haskins is one of the top 100 players in our nation.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  57m57 minutes ago
New Orleans LB picks up Arkansas offer, says he "can dominate" there http://sec.news/1Ua8XBh

They would be dominant.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  1h1 hour ago
Alabama RB commit gets some unfortunate news http://sec.news/1UajigE

QuoteAccording to someone close to the situation, BJ Emmons did not receive the ACT score he needed from his December test, which means he can not enroll until he reaches the necessary number.

"He is retaking it again next month," the source said. "He was just a couple of points shy. He will be remediating over the next two weeks prior to his next ACT test. Alabama is still 100 percent behind him."

Emmons is rated as the nation's No. 3 running back...

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin  1h1 hour ago
Courtney Cronin Retweeted Jack Frost  ❄️ ⛄️
4-star Ole Miss RB commit D'Vaughn Pennamon, who also visited with Nick Saban today. Will OV Bama this weekend.