Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's your favorite GA airport to fly into in Alabama?

Started by IMABIELEMA, October 13, 2016, 09:48:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IMABIELEMA

IMABIELEMA

GusMcRae

This won't help much but KMDQ would be my vote.  Although it's the only GA airport I have any experience with it was nice.  Bought my 182 there, commercial flight into Birmingham.  Owner picked me and the A&P/CFI up that I hired to go with me and drove us from BHM to KMDQ to check out logbooks, pre-buy inspection, flew around the patch, did a few touch and goes,,, etc...  Very nice conference room where we finalized our transaction.  Security fence, key code gate entry.  Lots of hangars as well as open sided covered plane parking. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

bvillepig

Bay Minette.  LOL

Check it out online

KJKA is nice but Bay Minette has a little better scenery.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: GusMcRae on October 18, 2016, 10:07:58 am
This won't help much but KMDQ would be my vote.  Although it's the only GA airport I have any experience with it was nice.  Bought my 182 there, commercial flight into Birmingham.  Owner picked me and the A&P/CFI up that I hired to go with me and drove us from BHM to KMDQ to check out logbooks, pre-buy inspection, flew around the patch, did a few touch and goes,,, etc...  Very nice conference room where we finalized our transaction.  Security fence, key code gate entry.  Lots of hangars as well as open sided covered plane parking.
Madison Executive (Formerly Huntsville Executive) is one of the nicest airports I deal with.  In fact I flew into their 2 days ago to meet with the FBO.  Good peeps.  Thanks for your story,  I hope the 182 is treating you well! We own a Beechcraft Baron E55,  fun aircraft to fly in.

gotyacovered

JKA for me,  The rest of mine have been right across the border...
You are what you tolerate.