Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Segments

Started by holeinthewall, February 27, 2017, 10:56:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

I kind oF like the segments but counting laps in between is total BS.  Any laps in between should not be counted.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 27, 2017, 10:56:07 am
I kind oF like the segments but counting laps in between is total BS.  Any laps in between should not be counted.

I think it will really help in the boring mile and a half tracks. Will make guys get much more aggressive in the first half of a race. You consistently finish well in the segments over the course of the chase and it will really help guys without a victory make it in the chase. Guys like Newman can really rack up some points.

str8volfan

I dont think they should do this at plate tracks again.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on February 28, 2017, 08:48:51 pm
I dont think they should do this at plate tracks again.

Harvick would disagree. He finished second in one and won one so even finishing 22nd he is 4th in points standings. Sure makes racing hard all race mean something

riccoar

For points I guess I see it, but not a big fan of it.  Daytona was a wreckfest in all 3 series this year.  THey have got to figure out a way to make these cars raceable.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2017, 06:46:57 am
For points I guess I see it, but not a big fan of it.  Daytona was a wreckfest in all 3 series this year.  THey have got to figure out a way to make these cars raceable.

With lower downforce those boys just need to learn not bump each other so hard. Plus ban McMurray from plate races  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 01, 2017, 10:39:35 am
With lower downforce those boys just need to learn not bump each other so hard. Plus ban McMurray from plate races  ;D

Shoot I say break it up into more segments, the more racin the better!

Buff

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 12:18:50 pm
Shoot I say break it up into more segments, the more racin the better!

Don't stop the race between segments.  Have a lottery draw 2 hours before each race to announce which 3 individual laps have been selected for bonus points.  Or heck, wait until lap 8 to have the lottery drawing.

ricepig

Quote from: Buff on March 01, 2017, 03:26:19 pm
Don't stop the race between segments.  Have a lottery draw 2 hours before each race to announce which 3 individual laps have been selected for bonus points.  Or heck, wait until lap 8 to have the lottery drawing.

Don't tell them which lap ends a segment, have them race all day long, instead of riding around, putting laps in.