Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justice Hill football highlights

Started by Richard Davenport, October 16, 2017, 11:21:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Will never see him in a football jersey after this year.

1highhog

Yep, a great athlete for sure but his skills will be seen on the bball court after high school.

NotSoFastMyFriend

It's not a done deal yet. He may come on a FB schollie and play both.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on October 18, 2017, 09:54:05 pm
It's not a done deal yet. He may come on a FB schollie and play both.

I doubt daddy Fitz lets him.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 19, 2017, 08:27:51 am
I doubt daddy Fitz lets him.

I think it's more like Mike. It's not idea that your PG joins the team in Jan and then has to get into BB shape while developing chemistry with his teammates on the floor.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 19, 2017, 11:00:24 am
I think it's more like Mike. It's not idea that your PG joins the team in Jan and then has to get into BB shape while developing chemistry with his teammates on the floor.

Bring back the dual sport athlete!!!

NotSoFastMyFriend

Richard Davenport

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 19, 2017, 11:46:46 am
Bring back the dual sport athlete!!!

Just being honest. If he was a football first guy and on football scholarship I'm sure Mike would gladly see him in Jan.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 30, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
Just being honest. If he was a football first guy and on football scholarship I'm sure Mike would gladly see him in Jan.
They've discussed it.

King Kong

Kid would be an All SEC Caliber DB. Stills also.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 1highhog on October 17, 2017, 05:48:28 pm
Yep, a great athlete for sure but his skills will be seen on the bball court after high school.
Wish we could convince the young man to "double up" when it comes to both sports. I realize he didn't end up playing all that much when he did both, however, didn't Matt Jones have such an arrangement for most of the time he played both on the Hill? I seem to remember such at least during his last two (?) years.

mhuff

Jones was probably the last athlete to play both

bulldog04

Quote from: mhuff on November 06, 2017, 06:13:10 pm
Jones was probably the last athlete to play both
Brandon Mitchell was the last and Marcus Monk before him.

chiti66

Reminds me of the kid that played FB and BB for South Carolina a couple years ago.  Justin could have the same impact (or greater) for the Hogs.

NoogaHog

If I'm not mistaken, if he plays football at all, he would have to be on a football scholarship and not a basketball one. Which, I guess, would free up an extra scholly on the BB team. He could then join BB after the FB season and be considered a walk-on like Manny or Kikko.

Likewise, if Conner Noland comes to play FB and baseball, he will be on FB scholarship and a baseball walk-on.

It is an NCAA rule to keep FB programs from oversigning and placing lineman on the swim team for numbers' sake.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Pumbaa

So, say he plays both, can or would be able to jump to bball as soon as the football team becomes ineligible for a bowl? Or if the football team was eligible for a bowl, could he play bball during the break/practice time for the bowl?

mhuff

Doubt it. I would think he would play FB until it was completely over.

NoogaHog

Yes, I agree. He would be on FB scholarship, so that is who is paying the bills, so that would have to be his first obligation. Now, the coaches may be able to work something else out as far as when he plays basketball, but that seems unlikely.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"