Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Anthracite Helmet Concept for 2015?

Started by RD, March 23, 2015, 04:20:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Better execution for sure than previous versions.

z1on

jusgtohogs

razorbacker3

Not needed. Razorback helmets are RED!!! Forget those ugly white one also.

sowmonella

Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 23, 2015, 04:41:28 pm

Yes
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

You can tell basketball season is over, a helmet thread.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: RD on March 23, 2015, 04:20:34 pm
I think it's sweet
woo pig sooie
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DC HOGFAN

AMEN!

texas tush hog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Why don't we play more in Little Rock..!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Senility

Oh yes, we're blessed with helmets
The red and - - (yes) - - - the white
But an outright conference championship
Would crunch this color blight

;)

SoCal Hog

Completely unneeded. And ugly. Stick with the best look--red helmets regardless of color combos for pants and jerseys.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

lefty08

I like the anthracite, would look better with those jerseys than the red ones imo
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Boardon Hamsay

We should wear those when we play stAte.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

B501

Smokehouse

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

pigbacon

Red helmets only, but better than the white. Hog logo should be metallic red with the anthracite.

Marshfieldhog

I actually love Anthracite with red trim...in fact I like it better than red and white. The young players dig it...I'm 42 and I dig it as well.

Pig In The City

baitshop

I like it RD....how about with metallic red on the Hog and facemask..??
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Pathogen

Quote from: RD on March 23, 2015, 04:20:34 pm

Very urgent and important conversation. Thrilled that it was brought up.

Other pressing questions that need answers, now...

-Should we have black uniforms?
-How many games should be played in Little Rock?
-Why don't we play ASU?
-What ever happened to Vin Ascolese?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Exactly right.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

carolinahogger

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 23, 2015, 06:06:37 pm
Why don't we play more in Little Rock..!?

I want to write about that later but for now I am waiting to see what side Robert Shields takes on the anthracite helmets.

Hogfaniam

Anthracite is shiny.  That's dull gray.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Senility

We don't need a color change
There's no outstanding lack
P-L-E-A-S-E don't go to all out strange
And drape the Hogs In black
Likewise, you know chartreuse
And yellow sure would stink
And I pray that they'll refuse
Considering hot pink
Our mascot is called "BIG RED"
Not "Percival" or "Clarence"
(Color change!!!) - - - - give me a break!!!!
I'm beyond forbearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:(

choppedporkextrasauce

wpswillriseagain

as a younger guy, I like the idea of an anthracite uniform and helmet. Recruits like it too. We are not Bama and can sign the best of the best every year with uniforms from the 70's. I say for one game, even if its non-conference we have an alternate uniform. I personally like the all red and all whites, but I also liked the uniform combo against Miss State two years ago. I get we need to stick to "tradition" but why is everyone so scared to create a new tradition?

FreshHog

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on March 24, 2015, 01:14:23 am
as a younger guy, I like the idea of an anthracite uniform and helmet. Recruits like it too. We are not Bama and can sign the best of the best every year with uniforms from the 70's. I say for one game, even if its non-conference we have an alternate uniform. I personally like the all red and all whites, but I also liked the uniform combo against Miss State two years ago. I get we need to stick to "tradition" but why is everyone so scared to create a new tradition?

Because they're old. :D

choppedporkextrasauce

Because our tradition of red and white is who we are.

Fresh hog should understand you either grow old or die. 

Do you really want to grow old with anthracite?

Arkfan

Another Amen!!!

I dont believe for a second that a recruit thats on the fence about coming here is gonna say yes because they have anthracite uniforms.

lefty08

Quote from: Arkfan on March 24, 2015, 06:19:16 am
Another Amen!!!

I dont believe for a second that a recruit thats on the fence about coming here is gonna say yes because they have anthracite uniforms.

While that side of the argument very well Could be true, they aren't coming here for the red helmets either
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: lefty08 on March 24, 2015, 06:29:33 am
While that side of the argument very well Could be true, they aren't coming here for the red helmets either

So if helmet color is not a factor in recruiting what's the point? (Other than revenue for the school and for Nike or whomever our tailor is this year.)
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

lefty08

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 24, 2015, 06:39:04 am
So if helmet color is not a factor in recruiting what's the point? (Other than revenue for the school and for Nike or whomever our tailor is this year.)

Bingo

Jek Tono Porkins

Ah, offseason threads. Gotta love 'em. Yup.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Inhogswetrust

March 24, 2015, 07:53:56 am #35 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:34:34 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2015, 05:10:17 pm
You can tell basketball season is over, a helmet thread.

It's the offseason so there will be the proverbial, Helmet, GSD, Facilities, Tickets and prices, Concessions, Why doesn't 4th string players play more, Transfers, Coaches, Discipline, Opponents are better, Opponents are worse, Why don't we play instate schools, Why don't we cheat, Why don't we pay players, Conference expansion, and Which restaurants are best Threads.............Oh and the ongoing RS threads unfortunately.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

IPig

Black helmets, this is crazy talk, bring back the leather helmets!

hoghiker

100%Razorback

I don't care what color they wear. If the recruits/players like it then go for it. Just win games!

southarkhog06

These young whippersnappers these days, always wanting to change things. Back in my day we didnt have facemasks and we played both ways, uphill, in the snow. If you finished the game without a bloody nose the coach would say you didnt play hard enough, then he would punch you in the face to fix that. Our hog looked like a gradeschooler drew it as a take home assignment, that was real hog football back then.

Hog in Iowa

You hit the nail on the head, Southark!  Ahhhh, that brought back the memories...
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Virgil

That's awesome.  I love that look and the white ones are sweet too and I'm 41!!! 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

1highhog

Basketball Season is over, Diamond Hogs are not looking good, so get ready for, whoops, already we have one, a helmet thread, soon to be followed with a uniform thread, then a GSD thread, then maybe some cor hole will start a shoe thread wanting to know what color of shoelaces we should wear and if they will match all three helmets or do we need different shoelaces for each helmet, oh, and how about a matching towel to go on the Centers butt so the QB can wipe the ball off?  Let's start a thread about that.  I can't imagine our fathers and grandfathers having these damn conversations about our Hogs, just win damnit!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My personal favorite is the white helmet. I love it with the red jersey and white pant combo, but that's just me. I really also love the old style look with the two red stripes on the pants and no nonsense on the jersey. With that said, if the powers that be give in to the "young" demand, I say go all out like Oregon with about fiddy different uni-combos and such...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 1highhog on March 24, 2015, 03:23:12 pm
Basketball Season is over, Diamond Hogs are not looking good, so get ready for, whoops, already we have one, a helmet thread, soon to be followed with a uniform thread, then a GSD thread, then maybe some cor hole will start a shoe thread wanting to know what color of shoelaces we should wear and if they will match all three helmets or do we need different shoelaces for each helmet, oh, and how about a matching towel to go on the Centers butt so the QB can wipe the ball off?  Let's start a thread about that.  I can't imagine our fathers and grandfathers having these damn conversations about our Hogs, just win damnit!

They didn't have the internet and new absolutely shadt about what was going on after the bowl game too...

Smokehouse

Quote from: FreshHog on March 24, 2015, 02:14:21 am
Because they're old. :D

I'm 27 and I hate all the alternate uniform stuff. It defeats the purpose of a "uniform" from a tradition and a branding angle if you change it up every week.

And the recruiting argument is tired. I seriously doubt a single recruit has made his final decision because of uniforms. I give the recruits a lot more credit than that.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

lefty08

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 25, 2015, 10:55:16 am
I'm 27 and I hate all the alternate uniform stuff. It defeats the purpose of a "uniform" from a tradition and a branding angle if you change it up every week.

And the recruiting argument is tired. I seriously doubt a single recruit has made his final decision because of uniforms. I give the recruits a lot more credit than that.

Are we changing uniforms every week?

WorfHog

March 25, 2015, 03:19:07 pm #48 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:34:18 pm by WorfHog
Quote from: Smokehouse on March 25, 2015, 10:55:16 am

Then you're giving the recruits too much credit, Oregon turns these kid's heads and has build a powerhouse program on Uniforms.

HoggieStyle

Yeah...can't have a red, white and blue hog logo, either. Heh....