Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long on basketball, court storming, and scheduling FCS schools

Started by ricepig, March 21, 2015, 11:40:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

Hadn't really thought about there not being enough FBS teams to fill all the schedules.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 21, 2015, 01:23:06 pm
Hadn't really thought about there not being enough FBS teams to fill all the schedules.
Yeah, they almost have to keep allowing FCS scheduling for that reason. At least some FBS schools have to play FCS schools, or not everyone will have 12 game schedules.
(I suppose some teams might be ok with 11 game schedules, but most would rather have 12.)

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 21, 2015, 03:30:46 pm
Yeah, they almost have to keep allowing FCS scheduling for that reason. At least some FBS schools have to play FCS schools, or not everyone will have 12 game schedules.
(I suppose some teams might be ok with 11 game schedules, but most would rather have 12.)

Then throw in the fact that a FCS will come in for under $500,000, while the rate on G5's is over $1m.

ChicoHog

Simple answer.  Play another conference game. 

Better answer-go back to 12 team conference and 11 game schedule. 

reality-that will never happen! 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 21, 2015, 03:30:46 pm

There is nothing wrong with FBS teams scheduling FCS teams provided the following aren't scheduled.

North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Central Arkansas
Appalachian State
Montana

Those are the FCS teams who have the potential to embarrass a FBS school any given year.

ZERO

It's hard to believe North Dakota State just won four straight NCs - after losing their HC that won them the first three, no less. Georgia Southern is another dangerous one, but they just moved to FBS this previous year, I do believe.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hogwild

SEC announced this week that Notre Dame, BYU & Army will count as P5 opponents. Currently BYU has scheduled Missouri, LSU, and Mississippi. Notre Dame has a series with Tennessee.

ChicoHog

I would love to see us play ND or BYU.  We will probably schedule Army! 

SgtPepper

I know where there is one FBS team in close proximity that would be glad to schedule the UofA. 
The stAte's University

phadedhawg

Quote from: SgtPepper on March 23, 2015, 12:55:43 pm
I know where there is one FBS team in close proximity that would be glad to schedule the UofA. 

lol

Wichita State just reminded everybody why they don't want to play the schools in state they've been avoiding

phadedhawg

Great interview with Jeff.  Every time I hear him talk about college sports I usually come away with more respect. 

Great comments on Mike Anderson and the APR situation.  Lots of fans (myself included) gloss over that when measuring his performance.  That had to be a heck of a thing to overcome.  Also an AD such as Long will take that business very serious. 

Great comments about storming the field too.  Pretty horrific scene he witnessed.  I can imagine it having a profound effect on how you view the issue.