@Tennessee --- W
@Alabama --- L
Auburn --- L (basically a toss up)
UT Martin --- W
@Ole Miss --- W
@LSU --- W
Mississippi State --- W
Missouri --- W

But I genuinely expect 10-2.  The second loss could come at LSU instead, but I think Auburn will be tough with the QB passing threat. 

bennyl08

UTEP W
Toledo (LR) W
Texas Tech W
Texas A&M (Arlington) W
@Tennessee W
@Alabama L
Auburn W
UT Martin W
@Ole Miss W
@LSU W
Mississippi State W
Missouri W

I say worst case 8-4 next year, best case 11-1.

Worst case: We could definitely lose to Bama, Auburn, and two of Tenner, LSU, Ole Miss, or Mizzouri.

Best case: Auburn will have a better qb this year, and what could be a better DC. However, we were putting Auburn in 3 and outs by the end of the first half. We had started to figure JJ out. Tennessee is on a similar trajectory as us which is why they could be a loss, especially away, but I have to say I like our odds to win more than lose. LSU struggled with offense last year but had a solid defense. This year, their defense and offense mostly remain intact. They will be a better LSU team; however, they still have the problem of not  having a good qb. Bama replaces a quartberback but they return a good amount.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Prestworthy

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 20, 2015, 04:20:45 pm
UTEP W
Toledo (LR) W
Texas Tech W
Texas A&M (Arlington) W
@Tennessee W
@Alabama L
Auburn W
UT Martin W
@Ole Miss W
@LSU W
Mississippi State W
Missouri W

I say worst case 8-4 next year, best case 11-1.

Worst case: We could definitely lose to Bama, Auburn, and two of Tenner, LSU, Ole Miss, or Mizzouri.

Best case: Auburn will have a better qb this year, and what could be a better DC. However, we were putting Auburn in 3 and outs by the end of the first half. We had started to figure JJ out. Tennessee is on a similar trajectory as us which is why they could be a loss, especially away, but I have to say I like our odds to win more than lose. LSU struggled with offense last year but had a solid defense. This year, their defense and offense mostly remain intact. They will be a better LSU team; however, they still have the problem of not  having a good qb. Bama replaces a quartberback but they return a good amount.
Good stuff. I don't expect our D to skip a beat!  In fact, I think they will improve. 

PaintballHog

UTEP --- W
Toledo (LR) --- W
Texas Tech --- W
Texas A&M (Arlington) --- L
@Tennessee --- W
@Alabama --- L
Auburn --- L
UT Martin --- W
@Ole Miss --- W
@LSU --- W
Mississippi State --- W
Missouri --- W

9-3 for me.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

We're beating Bama this year... Book it..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Prestworthy

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 20, 2015, 04:30:09 pm
We're beating Bama this year... Book it..!
Would love it.  My wife is a BAMA grad.  She roots for the hogs though! (she said BAMA wins too much and the hogs needed to win one)

bennyl08

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 20, 2015, 04:23:44 pm
Good stuff. I don't expect our D to skip a beat!  In fact, I think they will improve.

I think we see a marked decline at LB play for at least the first few games. We are replacing two starters there and the new guys have only even been in the SEC for 1 year. On the DL, there is nothing that Flowers or Philon could do that somebody else can't. However, tbd on if one single person can do as much. We may have to sub more players, but that isn't inherently a bad thing. Plus, we have 6-7 guys who are probably starting quality in the SEC. Secondary should definitely be even more improved. So, once the LB group catches up, i think we'll have a better defense. Until then, I think the depth at DL and improvements in the secondary will help mask anything in the middle.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

sooeey pig pig pig

Best case, 15-0

Worst case, 0-12

My guess is somewhere in the middle, so that's what I'm sticking with..

chitwnhog

Wins: UTEP, Toledo, Texas Tech, UT Martin, Ole Miss, Miss State

Losses: Alabama, LSU

Toss Ups: Texas A&M, Tenn, Auburn, Missouri

Split the Toss Ups we are 8-4. Improvement.

Prestworthy

Quote from: DawgTownHog on March 20, 2015, 04:43:34 pm
Wins: UTEP, Toledo, Texas Tech, UT Martin, Ole Miss, Miss State

Losses: Alabama, LSU

Toss Ups: Texas A&M, Tenn, Auburn, Missouri

Split the Toss Ups we are 8-4. Improvement.
Who plays QB at LSU next season?  Even though it is @LSU, if they don't have a QB that will make plays, it will be another long season for the Bengals.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 20, 2015, 04:52:25 pm
Who plays QB at LSU next season?  Even though it is @LSU, if they don't have a QB that will make plays, it will be another long season for the Bengals.

Valid point however I don't see a repeat of last season and I doubt they stay down for much longer.

Biggus Piggus

I predict there will be a 2015 season.
[CENSORED]!

jgphillips3

I feel like this is a 9-3 season.  A little luck and we move out to 10-2.  Bad breaks like we had last year (A&M leg whip, fumble in the end zone against Bama, etc.) and we are 8-4.  The only four teams that legitimately have us at a talent disadvantage are Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M.  I don't believe all 4 will beat us and I think we are good enough to split.  I actually think we will be competitive in ALL of the games.  I just don't think we have enough stockpiled talent at all positions to run the table just yet.  Maybe in a couple of years.

Prestworthy

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 20, 2015, 04:55:36 pm
I feel like this is a 9-3 season.  A little luck and we move out to 10-2.  Bad breaks like we had last year (A&M leg whip, fumble in the end zone against Bama, etc.) and we are 8-4.  The only four teams that legitimately have us at a talent disadvantage are Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M.  I don't believe all 4 will beat us and I think we are good enough to split.  I actually think we will be competitive in ALL of the games.  I just don't think we have enough stockpiled talent at all positions to run the table just yet.  Maybe in a couple of years.
Totally agree.  Most of the opponents last year were more talented, but I love CBB's approach and swagger.  The desolation of Texas was proof of that.  He will have the guys ready for every game.

sooeey pig pig pig

Prestworthy

Also the offensive line will only be bigger and faster.  Huge improvement to an already great line.  Could be Kirkland's last season...

blu

8-4 or 9-3, continued improvement and another bowl win. Could be a 10 win season!
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Theolesnort

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 20, 2015, 04:55:30 pm
Yeah and how bout a Spring and the middle of the Fall camp to get a idea of where we may be, going into the season. Recruiting rankings be darned. The talent gap through better evaluation and development is narrowing and it or I suspect we will see that this Fall.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

reddogjcss

davispard

What you said...

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 20, 2015, 04:55:30 pm

And that Steven Hill will just one game.

Hawgzinbowlz

UTEP --- W : High level scrimmage
Toledo (LR) --- W : High level scrimmage
Texas Tech --- W : In Fayetteville, a curb stompin'
Texas A&M (Arlington) --- W : We won't let 'em off the hook this year
@Tennessee --- W : They're on the rise and I think we're a better team on the rise
@Alabama --- L : In Tuscaloosa, I hope we win and until we do...
Auburn --- W : CBB has this one circled and it's a tough/close game after Tuscaloosa
UT Martin --- W : Let the wounds heal after A&M, Vols, Tide and Plainsmen
@Ole Miss --- L : Coming off UT Martin we may be fresh enough to win. 0-30 in the rain
@LSU --- L : Death Valley after getting frozen out 0-17. The drunks will remember
Mississippi State --- W : In Fayetteville, we should win
Missouri --- W : We remember, and will win
Bowl --- W : We'll remember how it felt after The Texas Bowl, and we liked it

Our defense should be as good as last year with Robb Smith in charge. We won't replace Flowers, Spaight and Philon as much as we will have other positions with another year of experience and overall we will be as good...or better. Brooks moving to will changes the dynamic and will help. Bijhon may emerge in the middle and Wise, Winston and whatever newcomers (Ledbetter, Froholdt...) contribute will create a different and effective D. Voeltzke has made a nice/effective transition to DE. The LBs and DBs should be more than adequate under CRS, CVH and Coach Jennings. We'll have a solid D.

The offense returns two (2) 1000 yard rushers with an OL that has another year of experience behind it and some outstanding newcomers. The running game should be better than '14, and Coach Singleton brings credentials with attitude. BA had an excellent Texas Bowl and (barring injury) should continue to improve with another year of experience and with Coach Dan Enos, who is an experienced and successful QB coach. The WR and TE should be as effective as '14, and likely more so with extensive experience returning. Keon made some big time catch's last year and should be improved. Hunter is, well, Hunter and we have some TE coming in that are big time and we can't forget Sprinkle. Duwop will play and probably Jo Jo. Along with the experience the offense returns the addition of Coach Singleton and Coach Enos should be an upgrade, particularly in the play calling...all game long.
8-5 at worst and I hope we shock the world.

" GO HOGS "

GuvHog

10-2 regular season.

Losses to Alabama and Auburn.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Professor Psychosis

SURE WINS
UTEP, Toledo, Texas Tech, UT-Martin

GOOD CHANCE
vs A&M, @Tennessee, Miss. St., Missouri

TOSS UPS
Auburn, @Ole Miss, @LSU

NO
@Alabama

I say 9-3, but anything from 7-5 to 11-1 wouldn't surprise me.  Then beating Louisville in a bowl to finish in the top 10 would pretty well wrap up the whole fiasco and announce that "we're back!"

Oklahawg

I predict we'll have at least 3-4 of these. One will be politely curated once spring drills are over. Another will be produced with a yawn in the doldrums of early summer. A final one will hit during media days in late July and it will carry us into fall camp. Which might warrant another one.

Never can tell with prediction threads.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TheRazorback500

I'm going with a cautiously optimistic 9-3.

10 wins if we get a favorable bowl matchup.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: blu on March 20, 2015, 05:46:19 pm
8-4 or 9-3, continued improvement and another bowl win. Could be a 10 win season!
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Athog

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 20, 2015, 04:52:25 pm

A long season is 9-3!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 20, 2015, 08:47:09 pm

I'm with you BB....8-4, 9-3 plus a good bowl win!

GO HAWGS!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

arlhog

Pretty realistic.

whippersnapper

I dont want to get my hopes up especially with us not knowing how the WR corp will develop so I say 8-4/9-3. But I think 10-2 is possible and maybe a Playoff bowl appearance to the Peach or Sugar?

20hog11

9-3 if our offense improves as much as our D did last year to make up for some big losses on the defense.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

ldfergu

I think regular season we go 9-3. But a bowl win gets us to 10

MuskogeeHogFan

Consider the returning Two Deep of each opponent, when the game is played (in the course of the season) and where it is played.

We play one team that had a losing record last year.

Ole Miss, Tennessee and Missouri return the best two deep in the SEC on the O-Line. We return one of the best starting O-Lines, but have little experienced depth behind them. A lot of potential, just not a lot of experience.

We should be pretty good but examine our opponents returning two deep as you decide how many games we are going to win.

Two Deep  Two Deep   LY   LY
Date           Opp          Location     OFF          DEF       W     L
5-Sep          UTEP        RRS            12            15        7     6
12-Sep        Toledo      WMS-LR      12             19       8     4
19-Sep        TX Tech    RRS            17            16        4     8
26-Sep        TX A&M    AT&T-Dallas  18            15       8     5
3-Oct          Tenn       Knoxville        20            20       7     6
10-Oct        Alabama   Tuscaloosa    14            16       12     2
17-Oct        OPEN               
24-Oct        Auburn      RRS             16            14       8      5
31-Oct        UT Martin  RRS            
7-Nov         Ole Miss     Oxford         20            14       9      4
14-Nov        LSU          Baton Rouge 14            17       8      5
21-Nov        Miss St      RRS            13            13      10      3
28-Nov        Missouri     RRS            17            16      11      3
Go Hogs Go!

root_hawg

scruf

Auburn and Missouri are going to get beatdowns next year at Arkansas. Like, call-off-the-dogs, bloodbath beatdowns.

scruf

Quote from: GuvHog on March 20, 2015, 07:43:19 pm
10-2 regular season.

Losses to Alabama and Auburn.

Nope. Not to Auburn.

MuskogeeHogFan

March 22, 2015, 08:02:04 am #39 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:48:30 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Here's a little more information. This includes information that tells you the returning two deep by position of each team that we face, as well as where we are playing each team and who they face before us and after us.

Ret
Deep   ARK   UTEP   TOL   TTU   TAM   TEN   ALA   AUB   MIS   LSU   MSU   MIZ
QB       2        1       1       1        2      2       1      1      1       2       2       2
RB       3        1       2       2        3      1       2      1      2       1       1       1
WR      3        2       4       6        7      6       3      7      6       4       4       3
TE       3        0       1       0        1      2       2      0      1       1       0       2
OL       5        8       4       8        5      9       7      8     10       6       6       9
OFF     16      12     12      17      18    20      15    17     20     14      13      17

DT      3         3       4       3        2      3       1      1      3       4       1        2
DE      3         4       4       4        3      4       4      3      3       2       3        2
LB      4         4        4       2        5      6       6      5      3       5       3        6
CB      4         1       4       4        3      3       4       2      2       3       3        4
S        3        3        3       3        2      4       1      3      3       3       3        2
DEF    17      15      19      16      15     20     16     14    14      17      13      16

RRS-UTEP: Before-None  After-at Texas Tech
WMS-Toledo: Before-Stoney Brook  After-Iowa State
RRS-Texas Tech: Before-UTEP  After-TCU
At Texas A&M: Before-Nevada  After-Miss State
At Tennessee: Before-at Florida  After-Georgia
At Alabama: Before-at Georgia  After-at Texas A&M
Arkansas Open Date
RRS-Auburn: Before-(Thursday Oct 15) at Kentucky  After-Ole Miss
RRS-UT Martin: N/A
At Ole Miss: Before-at Auburn  After-Open Date
At LSU: Before-at Alabama  After-at Ole Miss
RRS-Miss State: Before-Alabama  After-Ole Miss
RRS-Missouri: Before-Tennessee  After-None

So, our potentially toughest games?

Toledo, though a MAC team, will put out max effort against us given they have Stoney Brook as a warm up for them and only Iowa State following our game.

Texas Tech may not be as focused since they begin conference play the following weekend with TCU.

A&M can't solely focus on us as they face Miss State the following weekend.

I think Tennessee is going to be a tough game especially with it being in Knoxville. Thankfully they won't have time to look ahead and plan ahead for us given that we are sandwiched between their game with Florida and Georgia, though I still expect Tennessee to be better than most expect this coming season.

Alabama will be Alabama and they aren't goin to take us lightly, especially after a narrow escape last year.

Auburn will have an extra couple of days to heal and prepare for coming to RRS and pretty sure that Gus is happy that they got us last year in the first game and not in mid season. I expect this to be a tough game as well.

You can bet that with an open date following their game with us that Ole Miss is going to leave everything on the field this year especially after the embarrassing butt beating that we gave them last year. Don't discount Ole Miss in 2015.

LSU will be beat-up coming off at road trip at Alabama and with Ole Miss waiting in the wings. It will be a tough game but I see us securing another win and this time in Baton Rouge.

Missouri will sell out to beat us in RRS but I don't see them getting it done this year.
Go Hogs Go!

Cure

10-2
Best case - 11 wins
Worst case - 8 wins
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

razorjack12

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but its hard to see Arkansas making major improvements in the W-L record next season.

W - UTEP

W -Toldeo

W- Texas Tech

W- aTm  (Toss Up)

L - @Tennessee (Toss Up)  We've only beaten Tennessee once in Knoxville...and that was a fluke back in 1992.  Tenner has been landing elite recruiting classes and will be much improved next season.

L - @Alabama  Bama just has too much talent.

L - Auburn  We can win this game, but it will b an upset if we do.  Auburn has more talent than we do.

W- UT Martin

L - @Ole Miss  The ReBears are loaded and will be eager for revenge after last seasons mauling.  Oxford is a tough place to win.

L - @LSU  Same as Ole Miss game except LSU has more talent than the ReBears.

W - Miss State  Miss State is depleted.  We have only lost once to State when playing at hime.  This is as close to a guaranteed win as you can have in conference play.

W - Missouri  Should have won last year.  Will win at home.

7-5    Some improvement.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on March 22, 2015, 01:15:00 pm
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but its hard to see Arkansas making major improvements in the W-L record next season.

W - UTEP

W -Toldeo

W- Texas Tech

W- aTm  (Toss Up)

L - @Tennessee (Toss Up)  We've only beaten Tennessee once in Knoxville...and that was a fluke back in 1992.  Tenner has been landing elite recruiting classes and will be much improved next season.

L - @Alabama  Bama just has too much talent.

L - Auburn  We can win this game, but it will b an upset if we do.  Auburn has more talent than we do.

W- UT Martin

L - @Ole Miss  The ReBears are loaded and will be eager for revenge after last seasons mauling.  Oxford is a tough place to win.

L - @LSU  Same as Ole Miss game except LSU has more talent than the ReBears.

W - Miss State  Miss State is depleted.  We have only lost once to State when playing at hime.  This is as close to a guaranteed win as you can have in conference play.

W - Missouri  Should have won last year.  Will win at home.

7-5    Some improvement.
this or maybe 8-4. Brave post. Your about to get roasted.
This is fun, isn't it.

goodguytex

If you go by talent difference according to recruiting ratings we will never win many games against much of anyone except most out of conference games. If you go by improvement year to year, coaching, I see 9 to10 wins regular season. 3 possible losses are Bama, Tennessee and Ole Miss. Tennessee or ole miss going either way. So many thinking auburn beats us... If we keep showing improvement from last year to this year the way we did from 2013 to 2014 we will be a very good team.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 22, 2015, 01:34:11 pm
I've been roasted before.

IN 2012 I predicted Arkansas might have its worst season in decades - and got lambasted.    The Hogs went 3-9 overall and 0-8 in conference play that year.  So I was right and my critics were wrong.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 22, 2015, 01:34:11 pm
Oh, by the way.  I don't think I ever congratulated you on Ohio States national title.

Congratulations.

razorjack12

Quote from: goodguytex on March 22, 2015, 01:53:26 pm
If you go by talent difference according to recruiting ratings we will never win many games against much of anyone except most out of conference games. If you go by improvement year to year, coaching, I see 9 to10 wins regular season. 3 possible losses are Bama, Tennessee and Ole Miss. Tennessee or ole miss going either way. So many thinking auburn beats us... If we keep showing improvement from last year to this year the way we did from 2013 to 2014 we will be a very good team.
Recruiting (or recruiting rankings) is a very important factor in predicting a seasons outcome.....but scheduling is almost as important.   Where the game is played, and when the games are played are very crucial to outcomes.

Just consider the LSU game last season.  We played at home and had a week off to prep for the Tigers.   LSU had just come off a devastating loss to Alabama.   Scheduling was the primary reason why we beat LSU so handily.

bennyl08

What makes you think we lose to Ole Miss? The third year is when coach's are expected to have their brand of football in place. Freeze's third year saw his team collapse losing 4 of its last 6 games (1 of the two wins was vs presbatyrian) all because the loss of their star WR. Arkansas' third year under Petrino we lost our starting rb for the season, our best WR halfway through, and our best cornerback, not to mention our starting qb for most of a game. He's a good recruiter but I haven't seen much to say that he's a good coach.

goodguytex

I actually don't think we will lose to ole miss Benny, but we do play them at their place, and they have played us very tough there, especially the last few years. I would actually be more likely to believe the Bama, LSU and Tennessee games would be the toughest ones, again, because we play at their place. And they tend to have the home magic going for them. But ole miss might be tough one too, hence the reason I made it kind of a toss up that could go either way. But will probably be a win for us.