Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walk on WR Malik Broughton

Started by JackJohnson, March 18, 2015, 01:27:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

In light of Kendrick Edwards being booted- I am going to introduce you to a RS So Walkon 6-4 200 WR Malik Broughton.  He is originally from Georgia.  He signed a football scholarship with Albany St where he also was a part of their track team doing the high jump.  He also had a BASKETBALL scholarship offer to Marshall, so the kid is obviously incredibly athletic. 

He is also currently a member of our track program participating in HJ

Odds are great that nothing is likely to come out of him, but he is an interesting name and will be curious to track his progress this spring- hopefully he is a pleasant surprise

Official Listing on our Spring Roster

86 Broughton, Malik WR 6-4 200 So.-TR '14 Warner Robins, Ga. (Albany State/Veterans HS)

Rivals basketball bio

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Malik-Broughton-131033

official track bio

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-track/2014/roster/54dbb263e4b07c4782e514c6

article on him almost setting Ga state HJ record in HS

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/sports/high-school/athlete-of-the-week/2013/11/03/3408547/

"Last week at sectionals in Statesboro, the 6'4 jumped a personal best 7'2. That leap of faith placed him in immediate elite status."

Basketball youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqENx_aeo0

Albany St coach when he signed

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2013/feb/08/star-rb-headlines-asus-2013-class-qb-still-needed/

"White said Broughton, a 6-4, 215-pounder who was initially leaning to Valdosta State, will compete for a starting job his freshman season.
#"That's the plan," White said. "We think Malik can come in and compete right now. He is a big-time kid. He had a better junior year than senior year, and I think if he would have had a better senior year than we might not have been able to get him. He is a receiver who can stretch the field, catch the deep ball and keep defenses honest."

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 01:32:00 pm
I just hope he's punctual

He's a track man, he used to being timed....

Inhogswetrust

A member of the track team participating in the high jump....................sounds like a good candidate for the fade route!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 18, 2015, 01:48:13 pm
A member of the track team participating in the high jump....................sounds like a good candidate for the fade route!

i hate the fade like I hate merlot

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 01:49:19 pm

Neither one are my favorites either BUT there is a time and place for each....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

As long as its not being thrown out of the BA-bootleg right-throw-it-in-the-stands play.

ADD: Cause if I see that crap more than once a game next season I'm gonna start drinkin again
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 18, 2015, 02:29:22 pm
As long as its not being thrown out of the BA-bootleg right-throw-it-in-the-stands play.

ADD: Cause if I see that crap more than once a game next season I'm gonna start drinkin again

You're just looking for an excuse to drink.....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 02:42:19 pm
You're just looking for an excuse to drink.....

So the fade route is a gateway?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2015, 02:46:03 pm
So the fade route is a gateway?

No, the gateway to rampant Leaving Las Vegas alcoholism next season will be more than 1 of those BA-bootleg right-throw-it-in-the-stands plays a game....

I be like:

supersaint

Could be the next Steve Conley.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

twistitup

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

CabotHog87

Is this the line for the bathroom? I need to wash this merlot off.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I hate merlot like I hate sex...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 18, 2015, 02:29:22 pm

Lol......maybe your drinking is the reason you don't understand why the QB throws it away, when he believes our receiver is covered?  Maybe BA (& any other QB) is doing exactly what our coaching staff have told him to do if our WR is not open?  Incomplete pass, is usually better than an interception.  Ask any offensive coordinator.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

twistitup

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 18, 2015, 06:14:42 pm
Lol......maybe your drinking is the reason you don't understand why the QB throws it away, when he believes our receiver is covered?  Maybe BA (& any other QB) is doing exactly what our coaching staff have told him to do if our WR is not open?  Incomplete pass, is usually better than an interception.  Ask any offensive coordinator.

Let me guess, you like Merlot?

ricepig

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 18, 2015, 02:12:23 pm
Neither one are my favorites either BUT there is a time and place for each....................................

No, there is NEVER a time or place for a fade route. Unless you are tanking a game.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 06:43:45 pm
It's alcohol...

Sounds like you might need a little Riverboat Intervention

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on March 18, 2015, 06:45:26 pm
No, there is NEVER a time or place for a fade route. Unless you are tanking a game.

I am WITH you on this!!  I hate that play with a passion.  It's a give up play -- admitting as an offense and as a playcaller I have no clue how to score on you!

A favorite goal line call of Hootie when the run got stopped on the first three tries.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Seems like it works for Dez Bryant, a lot.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 07:16:35 pm

He's got an extra muscle

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 07:16:35 pm

Not speaking for him here, but when we get Tony Romo at QB and Dez Bryant at WR, then we may reconsider our positions.  :)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 18, 2015, 07:52:10 pm
Not speaking for him here, but when we get Tony Romo at QB and Dez Bryant at WR, then we may reconsider our positions.  :)

Well, it's not my favorite goal line play, and when Enos threw it for 2 in his bowl game I thought, WTH, but it is successful a lot of times.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2015, 08:01:40 pm
Well, it's not my favorite goal line play, and when Enos threw it for 2 in his bowl game I thought, WTH, but it is successful a lot of times.

I saw it work once last year for AR beautifully. Oh wait..............that's a sore subject.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 18, 2015, 08:03:55 pm
I saw it work once last year for AR beautifully. Oh wait..............that's a sore subject.

Yep, poor kid couldn't follow the rules.......

reddogjcss

If he does the high jump in Ark college track it would be great to have a receiver that can go up and get the ball!

Pig In The City

No one hates merlot! It is alcohol after all.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 18, 2015, 06:14:42 pm

No $!&@ Sherlock.

It happened way too many times last year. Just like throwing the football on 1st and 2nd down with a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter. That's why I said it. And anyone watching the game could see it. I supported Chaney while he was here, but some of his offensive play calls were head-scratching.

I saw the same play called twice in one series last year get thrown into the stands. So no receiver in his progression was open two plays out of three. Weird. I bet if you added up all the balls he threw into the stands, divide hem by 2, and add them to his completions he would have been over 60%.

I like Brandon. I supported the hell out of Chaney. But I really didn't like our receivers not being open enough and hopefully that changes.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OldCoot

Inhogswetrust

Thanks fake coach.........................

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig In The City on March 18, 2015, 09:01:05 pm
No one hates merlot! It is alcohol after all.

Sometimes I drink it ..............sometimes I use it for marinade.............sometimes I do both.

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 19, 2015, 08:20:00 am
He drinks Merlot.............

Possibly- he also slapped his momma so his judgement is not the best

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 19, 2015, 08:21:22 am
Sometimes I drink it ..............sometimes I use it for marinade.............sometimes I do both.

I worked with a guy who got fired for drinking Merlot while working the sauté station on Dickson back in '98- was that you? Santana tattoo on your left forearm?

jabohog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2015, 08:38:34 am
I worked with a guy who got fired for drinking Merlot while working the sauté station on Dickson back in '98- was that you? Santana tattoo on your left forearm?

No tats for me.............however IF it was required by law I would get a Hog tat.

HogNdazs

twistitup

Arthur pigby sellers.

I like the back shoulder throw that's has some loft but not as much as your typical fade.  Of course this really works when you have a big time receiver who will go up and take the ball out of the air.  I don't think we have any of those right now.  Hunter could probably do it, and he might be matched up on a LB.  That play might work a few times. 

passinghog

Pigsknuckles

6' 4"
Hated the fade. As a 5' 8" DB, I never stood a chance against a plus 6' receiver. I will always favor height in a similar match up situation. Weight is irrelevant in the red zone with regards to WR's.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ballhogger

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/830941/malik-broughton

Here is his HUDL account.  If he were good enough to be playing Division one football I am sure that he would.  He may not even want to.  Personally he looks a little soft on film and shies away form contact.  His basketball highlights were impressive though.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I was about to have relations with this glass of Merlot when I found some video of "It's already been Broughton"...

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ga/kathleen/veterans-high-school/malik-broughton
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.