Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Death Is Lying in Wait at The Door of an Old Time Hog Fan..........

Started by LSUFan, March 08, 2015, 01:17:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftsmithmike

It sounds like he left behind a great legacy in those boys. Wish I had the chance to serve him. I live to serve my fellow veteran but these old timers are cut from a rare cloth.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

3 pages..!?  When I die I hope to get 2...  A special dude indeed...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LSUFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 27, 2015, 12:14:01 am
3 pages..!?  When I die I hope to get 2...  A special dude indeed...
They couldn't fit everybody in the church which seats about 700-800, standing room only. He was rare indeed!
The Army sent a sergeant to stand guard by his casket and he was wearing all of Al's metals and ribbons. It was a nice tribute to such a fine man.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LSUFan on March 27, 2015, 10:40:43 am
They couldn't fit everybody in the church which seats about 700-800, standing room only. He was rare indeed!
The Army sent a sergeant to stand guard by his casket and he was wearing all of Al's metals and ribbons. It was a nice tribute to such a fine man.

May your family hold you in such high esteem when your time comes. I know I like you, even though you're a corndog eating so and so...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NS02

the great generation is gradually disappearing.  Your description of AL reminded me of my Father-in law who also served in WWII and Korean War.  A great gentleman that passed away couple years ago.  You are all in our prayers.