Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmers Insurance Open

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, January 24, 2017, 03:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Some chode just yelled "Make tiger great again!" after his swing on 1. Lol
Go away, batin'

Boarcephus

I guess Tiger is playing Taylormade woods and Nike irons.  I thought he made the complete change but guess not or hasn't done so yet. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 27, 2017, 02:43:51 pm
I guess Tiger is playing Taylormade woods and Nike irons.  I thought he made the complete change but guess not or hasn't done so yet. 

Looks like he's playing with my clubs, his shots are off line.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 01:49:05 pm
The question is, will Tiger's poor play bring Day and DJ down to his level and all of them miss the cut?

You may very well have called this on the nose.  All 3 need to do something great on the last 6 holes or they all will miss the cut.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 02:49:52 pm
Looks like he's playing with my clubs, his shots are off line.

Know the feeling.  I can hook the finest technology. 

EastexHawg

If we played a drinking game and took a shot every time the guy who is following Tiger on PGA Tour Radio, Mark Carnevale, said that the greens are difficult and hard to figure out...we would all be dead from alcohol poisoning right now.

Guys like Justin Rose, Adam Hadwin, Brandt Snedeker, Hunter Mahan, and even Keegan Bradley seem to be somehow figuring them out.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 27, 2017, 01:55:34 pm
And these days the course hasn't really gotten any better.

As for hole #3 with the severe sloping fairway, the fairway sloped from the left to right and as you said, it was practically impossible to keep the ball on the fairway. You could hit a straight drive down the left edge of the fairway and the ball would end up taking several hard bounces to the right and eventually end up either going through or bouncing over the fence into someones back yard, losing you the ball in the process. If you were real lucky it would just hit the fence and stop. Some guys I used to work with and me would play Pine Valley after work sometimes and when we got to that hole it was mutually agreed we would all just take a drop at the 150 marker and call it laying one.

It would likely take someone who could hit a hook on demand to start the ball out to the right and let it hook back to the left side of the fairway to keep it in play.  But even then I am not sure that would work. That hole is just plain ridiculous.
#2 at Pine Valley is ridiculous, yes, but you would be amazed how many holes-in-one are reported on that hole. I can only surmise that the severe slope funnels a lot of balls in the vicinity of the hole and some of them just go in.

Dumbest person on the planet: whoever buys a house off the #3 fairway. Those people clearly are totally clueless about golf. I would venture to say there are over 1000 balls have been hit in the yard on the house I'm thinking of. It's dangerous to go in your backyard.

EastexHawg

They just actually said, "The cut line is moving toward 1 over.  Tiger is 5 over with five to play, but he has two par fives so if he makes eagle on both of those..."

He has made four birdies...only one today...and is five over for 31 holes.  What would make anyone think he is going to make two eagles and play the last five in four under?

I suppose if any player in the field eagled all the par fives he would not only make the cut, but probably win in a runaway.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 27, 2017, 03:12:24 pm
If we played a drinking game and took a shot every time the guy who is following Tiger on PGA Tour Radio, Mark Carnevale, said that the greens are difficult and hard to figure out...we would all be dead from alcohol poisoning right now.

Guys like Justin Rose, Adam Hadwin, Brandt Snedeker, Hunter Mahan, and even Keegan Bradley seem to be somehow figuring them out.

Guess I had no idea how desperate tv is for Tiger to do well.  Never seen a golfer who is jeopardy of missing the cut get so much air time.  I don't think they've missed a single stroke he's taken since they came on the air. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 27, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
Never seen a golfer who is jeopardy of missing the cut get so much air time.   

I would say it has been about 17 months.

Jackrabbit Hog

As you all mourn Tiger's demise....in a more pleasant development, Sexy Lexi shot a -12 today (that's a 61 on a par 73 course) in the LPGA event.  I don't know; just seemed like a good time to post this..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 03:48:49 pm
As you all mourn Tiger's demise....in a more pleasant development, Sexy Lexi shot a -12 today (that's a 61 on a par 73 course) in the LPGA event.  I don't know; just seemed like a good time to post this..

As a guy I knew once said, "She has just the kind of legs I like.  Feet on one end..."

Oh, well, I guess I better stop right there.

Jackrabbit Hog

This from the Tiger Tracker on the golf channel website (I THINK he's kidding...):

GC Tiger Tracker @GCTigerTracker
Tiger misses about a 12-foot birdie at 8th, needs to ace the final hole from 556 yards to make cut
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 27, 2017, 03:51:16 pm
As a guy I knew once said, "She has just the kind of legs I like.  Feet on one end..."

"Goodie on the other", cleaned up a little for you.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 04:13:30 pm
"Goodie on the other", cleaned up a little for you.

I'm waiting on the Playboy pictorial to come out.  I'd bite the staples out of....

Dillar Dog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 27, 2017, 03:51:16 pm

That would be a great place to stop because the rest of her is above that.

That girl would get the potato sack treatment.

ricepig

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 27, 2017, 05:16:34 pm

Yeah, of course......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 27, 2017, 05:16:34 pm

I know you're not a fan, DD, and she may not be anything special up close and personal, but you gotta admit with make-up and airbrushing, she ain't half bad.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 27, 2017, 03:19:27 pm
#2 at Pine Valley is ridiculous, yes, but you would be amazed how many holes-in-one are reported on that hole. I can only surmise that the severe slope funnels a lot of balls in the vicinity of the hole and some of them just go in.

Dumbest person on the planet: whoever buys a house off the #3 fairway. Those people clearly are totally clueless about golf. I would venture to say there are over 1000 balls have been hit in the yard on the house I'm thinking of. It's dangerous to go in your backyard.

I don't know about that. Unless they lose a window to a golf ball that hits because of a severe slice they would never have to pay for golf balls.  They could reload their own golf bag just by taking a daily walk in their back yards. And it was hole #3 that I was calling ridiculous. #2, the elevated par three is a tough hole for sure but it can be birdied.........as  long as your tee shot stays below the hole.  ;)

The par 4 hole #8 I think it is, can also be interesting. That is the one where the fairway doglegs left 90 degrees around a corner and you would be tempted to cut the corner to hit the green with your tee shot. Come up short there or hook it too much and you are also in someones back yard. 

The hole I hate the most though. #5 without a doubt. The elevated tee down to the green on the peninsula with nothing but water between the two is super tough to play because it is impossible to know what club to hit there. How do you get a distance read off of such a severe drop from tee to green?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 03:48:49 pm

Hah!!! Riighttt..................as if there ever was a bad time to post a pic of Lexi.  :P
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 07:21:32 pm
I know you're not a fan, DD, and she may not be anything special up close and personal, but you gotta admit with make-up and airbrushing, she ain't half bad.

You would be too.  They might even be able to make you look like less of a man than they do her.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 27, 2017, 07:36:52 pm
You would be too.  They might even be able to make you look like less of a man than they do her.

Doubtful.  I look like Laura Davies.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 01:00:12 pm
Medical forum.
Are you the 'self appointed' traffic director of the Fairways and Greens forum ?  You, as much as anyone speak to Woods' aching back, hurting wrist and unsound knees.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dillar Dog

Oh, I just think he was laughing about you, somehow, making the post about you.  Like you are known for.

If he wasn't, I apologize.  And I was.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 27, 2017, 09:45:00 pm
Are you the 'self appointed' traffic director of the Fairways and Greens forum ?  You, as much as anyone speak to Woods' aching back, hurting wrist and unsound knees.

Activate your sarcasm button, ace.  Didn't mean to offend you.

Come to think of it, a medical forum would be a great idea!  Imagine the great minds of Hogville in there!!

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 28, 2017, 07:29:08 am

Come to think of it, a medical forum would be a great idea!  Imagine the great minds of Hogville in there!!
I can see it now. 30 minutes from going live we have Delta posting pics of his junk asking if we think it's something serious or will penicillin clear it up.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 28, 2017, 07:29:08 am

I'd vote for you as traffic director, probably something you could handle.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 09:27:21 am
I'd vote for you as traffic director, probably something you could handle.

I was captain of our elementary school safety patrol in third grade.  I'd say I'm highly qualified for the position.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 28, 2017, 10:38:45 am
I was captain of our elementary school safety patrol in third grade.  I'd say I'm highly qualified for the position.

I hope you grew some.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 28, 2017, 10:38:45 am

I never knew you were an Asian girl? I figured you were male. So they gave you control over three young geeky looking boys?

8)

ricepig

Well, I'm glad we were able to take 10-15 minutes talking about Tiger, instead of watching the action.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 11:01:18 am
I hope you grew some.

I'm the kid holding the cones.  Was banging the Asian chick daily back then.

EastexHawg

Here's the kind of stuff that drives some of us crazy.  Without question the two greatest players, not to mention two greatest gallery and fan draws, of their generation are Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.

Tiger missed the cut by four shots but his every shot, walk, and expression was shown on TV.  Meanwhile, Mickelson is two shots out of the lead on the back nine on Sunday.  CBS is 45 minutes into their coverage and we haven't seen so much as a glimpse of him.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 29, 2017, 02:54:07 pm
Here's the kind of stuff that drives some of us crazy.  Without question the two greatest players, not to mention two greatest gallery and fan draws, of their generation are Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.

Tiger missed the cut by four shots but his every shot, walk, and expression was shown on TV.  Meanwhile, Mickelson is two shots out of the lead on the back nine on Sunday.  CBS is 45 minutes into their coverage and we haven't seen so much as a glimpse of him.

It's the extremely dishonest media Trump is complaining about!   I got sick of seeing Tiger the last couple days.  Total non factor in the tournament from the get go and we watched every stinking shot. 

East TN HAWG

Amen Boarcephes!   I told my wife that CBS is doing a great job compared to the golf channel.  CBS actually shows more golfers.  GC locks into one group.   

PonderinHog

Boom!  It's over!  Rahm just stole the show!

Hawg414

tiger moves the needle.  i mean.. you guys know this.  he is going to get coverage regardless of WHERE he stands in a tournament.  and the fact that he is just returning after so many months away is just a bigger story than is mickelson being a few shots out of the lead again. 

by comparison, just look at who gets talked about more in here.  and rarely is it tigers "fan boys" who bring him up.  it's someone bringing him up to take a shot at him.  and i'm aware i'll now forever be labeled a fan boy just due to this pseudo defense of him.  truth is, i couldn't care less if he ever tees it up again.  it's just that if he does, i'll understand why i am seeing him on the coverage.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg414 on January 29, 2017, 04:51:59 pm
tiger moves the needle.  i mean.. you guys know this.  he is going to get coverage regardless of WHERE he stands in a tournament.  and the fact that he is just returning after so many months away is just a bigger story than is mickelson being a few shots out of the lead again. 

by comparison, just look at who gets talked about more in here.  and rarely is it tigers "fan boys" who bring him up.  it's someone bringing him up to take a shot at him.  and i'm aware i'll now forever be labeled a fan boy just due to this pseudo defense of him.  truth is, i couldn't care less if he ever tees it up again.  it's just that if he does, i'll understand why i am seeing him on the coverage.

Hopefully, he plays in all the tournaments he's scheduled to play and they throttle back his coverage to meaningful golf.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawg414 on January 29, 2017, 04:51:59 pm

Tiger wasn't playing this weekend.  At the time I wrote that Mickelson was -7 and the leader was -9.  Come to think of it, I had seen more of Tiger even then, what with the testimonial commercial about him.

I've been to tour events.  Mickelson is a huge draw.  His galleries are enormous, whether some marketing "guru" at network headquarters in New York knows it or not.

At what point will the Tiger saturation become embarrassing considering the state of his game?  He's not one of the top 60-70 players on the PGA tour. 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 30, 2017, 02:26:39 am
And to the point of moving the needle....Moving the needle for who?  A good portion of the fans Tiger supposedly brings to the game are more like rubberneckers at an accident site. 

Lance (brother-in-law) said that the crowds number were definitely up because of Tiger this weekend.  He said he was glad because it helps the purse. 

Lance and Ollie were in position, but were unable to pull it out this week.  Finished top 10.  Wish Patrick and Tom, or Justin Rose would have won, but oh well.  Maybe next week in Phoenix. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 30, 2017, 02:26:39 am
And to the point of moving the needle....Moving the needle for who?  A good portion of the fans Tiger supposedly brings to the game are more like rubberneckers at an accident site. 

Must say it doesn't hurt my feelings to see him miss the cut.  I've said for years he was the strongest from the mental side since Jack but he's had some serious doubts creep in his game the last year or so and it's shown up around the green.   He had a bad case of the yips with his chipping.  There are obviously some better than others but he was horrible for a professional golfer.

EastexHawg

The networks can only keep the "Tiger is coming back from injury and he's getting his game sharp so he can contend in majors again!" hype going for so long.  He's going to have to start getting on leaderboards and playing well for it to not be exposed as a farce.  This week the blockbuster story will be that he made the cut in a European Tour event in Dubai, beating out stalwarts such as Chris Paisley, Romain Wattel, and David Lipsky to qualify for the final 36 holes.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 27, 2017, 07:24:41 pm
I don't know about that. Unless they lose a window to a golf ball that hits because of a severe slice they would never have to pay for golf balls.  They could reload their own golf bag just by taking a daily walk in their back yards. And it was hole #3 that I was calling ridiculous. #2, the elevated par three is a tough hole for sure but it can be birdied.........as  long as your tee shot stays below the hole.  ;)

The par 4 hole #8 I think it is, can also be interesting. That is the one where the fairway doglegs left 90 degrees around a corner and you would be tempted to cut the corner to hit the green with your tee shot. Come up short there or hook it too much and you are also in someones back yard. 

The hole I hate the most though. #5 without a doubt. The elevated tee down to the green on the peninsula with nothing but water between the two is super tough to play because it is impossible to know what club to hit there. How do you get a distance read off of such a severe drop from tee to green?
#2, #3, and #5 shouldn't really count on your card, no doubt. Unfair holes.
#8 is a little better.
The others are ok.
I wonder how much money they make. When your course is not super duper and you're only charging $8 to walk, I'm not sure how they're doing it. And a few years ago they sunk some money into that new clubhouse and pavilion.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 30, 2017, 09:52:47 am
The networks can only keep the "Tiger is coming back from injury and he's getting his game sharp so he can contend in majors again!" hype going for so long.  He's going to have to start getting on leaderboards and playing well for it to not be exposed as a farce.  This week the blockbuster story will be that he made the cut in a European Tour event in Dubai, beating out stalwarts such as Chris Paisley, Romain Wattel, and David Lipsky to qualify for the final 36 holes.

Not so fast, my friend.  A birdie-less first round 77 puts him 12 shots behind his dear friend, Sergio.  Reports indicate he was walking very gingerly and may have hurt his back, although he denied it in his post-round comments.  Looks like another short week and no weekend coverage of him playing.  I'm beginning to wonder if he will even make it to Augusta this spring.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 02, 2017, 08:45:40 am
Not so fast, my friend.  A birdie-less first round 77 puts him 12 shots behind his dear friend, Sergio.  Reports indicate he was walking very gingerly and may have hurt his back, although he denied it in his post-round comments.  Looks like another short week and no weekend coverage of him playing.  I'm beginning to wonder if he will even make it to Augusta this spring.

I watched his first hole, dude needs to wait until the Sr tour and no cuts.

EastexHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 26, 2017, 07:08:22 pm
I won't be surprised if an "injury" pops up.  There is no way he wants to play four of the next five weeks if this is going to be the way it goes.

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 02, 2017, 08:45:40 am
Reports indicate he was walking very gingerly and may have hurt his back

Just call me The Amazing Kreskin.

majestic

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 02, 2017, 10:16:32 am
Just call me The Amazing Kreskin.
More like the Blazing Foreskin.... I kid, I kid. :)
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boarcephus

Tiger shot a 77 in Dubai today throwing him 12 behind Garcia.  He may be just before missing his 2nd cut in two tries. 

Hawgndaaz

I like watching the Tiger haters melt in a similar way that I like watching the Clinton snowflakes melt.

I'd love for Tiger to be great again, but watching the anger and hatred others have for him makes it all worthwhile regardless. I think it's mainly due to this forum too. Its fun to watch how mad it makes some of you that he gets so much coverage.

damn, he looked really bad last night though.