Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmers Insurance Open

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, January 24, 2017, 03:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillar Dog

You should just latch onto another player at this point.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 02, 2017, 12:39:11 pm
You should just latch onto another player at this point.

Being a Tiger fan these days is sort of like rooting for Tom Watson to win the Masters.  True, he's teeing it up, but really...

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 02, 2017, 12:31:02 pm
I like watching the Tiger haters melt in a similar way that I like watching the Clinton snowflakes melt.

Who is melting?  I think you got your metaphors...actually similes...mixed up.  Snowflakes are falling apart because the person they supported and expected to win lost.  In your scenario the snowflakes would be Tiger supporters.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 02, 2017, 01:14:48 pm
Who is melting?  I think you got your metaphors...actually similes...mixed up.  Snowflakes are falling apart because the person they supported and expected to win lost.  In your scenario the snowflakes would be Tiger supporters.

Eh, I lump the protestors, SJW's,and Clinton supporters all in one basket. I know you aren't anything close to either by the way.

I enjoy watching pretty much all of them play, save for a few. Tiger isn't a boyhood hero by any means, but he's fun when he's on.

the comparison is that I LOVE watching all the snowflakes freak out, just like I love watching all the tiger haters freak out over how much coverage he gets.

Dillar Dog

I love the coverage he gets.  It's fun to watch.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 02, 2017, 03:54:01 pm
I love the coverage he gets.  It's fun to watch.

Much like a train wreck.  People are just rubber-necking now to watch him.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

I always said some of the breaks Tiger got over the years were hard to explain.  The ball bouncing into a bush from which it would have been unplayable, then somehow bouncing the opposite direction and into a clearing late in his duel with Bob May at the PGA.  The wind and the Pacific going from ferocious to, ask Jack Nicklaus described it on the air, "calm as a mill pond" just as Tiger teed off in the Open at Pebble.  Almost always seeming to have a clear shot and a decent lie when he hit it out into the woods...

Take a look at his current Official World Golf Ranking.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=218/index.html   

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 02, 2017, 04:33:44 pm
I always said some of the breaks Tiger got over the years were hard to explain.  The ball bouncing into a bush from which it would have been unplayable, then somehow bouncing the opposite direction and into a clearing late in his duel with Bob May at the PGA.  The wind and the Pacific going from ferocious to, ask Jack Nicklaus described it on the air, "calm as a mill pond" just as Tiger teed off in the Open at Pebble.  Almost always seeming to have a clear shot and a decent lie when he hit it out into the woods...

Take a look at his current Official World Golf Ranking.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=218/index.html   

Will admit the breaks always seemed to go his way.  Tiger hasn't won in the last 3 years of so and only twice in the last 8 or 9 and so the younger players like Day, Rory, Jordan, Ricky, etc aren't shaking in their shoes like Phil and Ernie did.  The Tiger mystique is gone and he's just another notch on their belts and they're gunning for him. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Tiger pulled out of Dubai.  Back spasms.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

As predictable as the sun rising in the east.  Tiger doesn't ever play poorly.  He's just "injured".

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 06:50:27 am
As predictable as the sun rising in the east.  Tiger doesn't ever play poorly.  He's just "injured".

Seems that way.  He was also paid a 7 figure appearance fee.  Not a bad gig if you can get it, play a round of golf and cash a million dollar check regardless of what you shoot.

Jackrabbit Hog

The guy's had three back surgeries.  He's damaged beyond repair, at least in the sense of swinging a golf club the way he needs to.  I don't think he's quitting tournaments because he's playing poorly.  I think he's making a poor decision to try to continue his competitive golfing career. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 07:08:57 am
The guy's had three back surgeries.  He's damaged beyond repair, at least in the sense of swinging a golf club the way he needs to.  I don't think he's quitting tournaments because he's playing poorly.  I think he's making a poor decision to try to continue his competitive golfing career. 

Maybe so, but ever since his he got caught and nailed by his wife he has a history of developing an injury every time he plays poorly and is clearly out of a tournament.

He'll suddenly start feeling better and be able to play about the time the tour goes to Bay Hill because he probably thinks he can play well there just because.  If he doesn't play well there he will give it a shot at Augusta, again thinking he can work his way around there because the fairways are wide and he knows how to play the course.

Whatever he decides, he's not going to win anything of consequence because he's no longer good enough to top a field that includes McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Spieth, Day, Rose, Justin Thomas, and even old man Phil.  Put those guys and another 130 players in the field and Tiger doesn't have the game anymore to win a major or even a pretty big event with a strong field.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 07:08:57 am

The guy just needs to face the fact that he is a "has been" and retire from competitive golf. It isn't like he needs the money. All he is succeeding in these days is embarrassing himself when he tries to play in tournaments.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

Here's video of Tiger announcing his injury and that he won't be able to continue.

https://youtu.be/njXfSak9SC0

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 09:17:24 am
Here's video of Tiger announcing his injury and that he won't be able to continue.

https://youtu.be/njXfSak9SC0

Good that he got thoroughly examined by Dr. Beeper (or is that Dr. Anthony Galea??)

majestic

Woods needs to quit. I don't think he can physically or mentally ever recover to winning form.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boarcephus

I'm not a big Tiger Woods fan, and haven't been for several years, but I hate to see him pull a Willie Mays and hang on too long.   Appears to me he's battling the mental side of it as much as the physical side and golf is a sport where once the yips and doubts creep in, you're toast. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 03:48:49 pm
As you all mourn Tiger's demise....in a more pleasant development, Sexy Lexi shot a -12 today (that's a 61 on a par 73 course) in the LPGA event.  I don't know; just seemed like a good time to post this..
looks like a great 'landing strip' to set your tubular vessel down within....my god, I'm officially a DIRTY OL' BASTARD....those legs, goodness gracious sakes alive, look at those legs...eyebrows that are neatly kept but thick, and everyone over 17 knows what that means....whatever guy lands that beautiful specimen has out-kicked his coverage by a good 30 yards and that's the Brad Pitt's of the world...If I could somehow magically be in Jordan Spieth's body, I'd be on Lexie like a 'duck on a june-bug'....as a man, just being able to gaze at something so wondrous gives one cause to live another 30 years
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 03, 2017, 04:50:26 pm
looks like a great 'landing strip' to set your tubular vessel down within....my god, I'm officially a DIRTY OL' BASTARD....those legs, goodness gracious sakes alive, look at those legs...eyebrows that are neatly kept but thick, and everyone over 17 knows what that means....whatever guy lands that beautiful specimen has out-kicked his coverage by a good 30 yards and that's the Brad Pitt's of the world...If I could somehow magically be in Jordan Spieth's body, I'd be on Lexie like a 'duck on a june-bug'....as a man, just being able to gaze at something so wondrous gives one cause to live another 30 years

Dillar Dog says in real life she's a bowser that probably has a wang in her drawers. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 04:58:52 pm
Dillar Dog says in real life she's a bowser that probably has a wang in her drawers.
ya know, give me one shot at it and I'll let Dillar Dog know what he missed...this picture confirms she's not a tranny>>>>I'd be willing to take my chances, put it that way

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 04:58:52 pm

That's a man, man.

Even when they try to church her up in those pictures they can only do so much with that face and wide shoulder to tiny boob ratio.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 03, 2017, 04:50:26 pm

Ahem......this is a GOLF forum. So let's keep it golf related shall we. With that being said...... 8).........let's just say that whatever lucky stiff manages to get a "tee time on her course" not only outdrove his playing partners by 100 yards, but made the impossible hole-in-one on a lengthy par five.  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 03, 2017, 08:48:57 pm
That's a man, man.

Even when they try to church her up in those pictures they can only do so much with that face and wide shoulder to tiny boob ratio.

I ain't afeerd to say this........if she is a man I am a homo...... :D

Dillar Dog

You may want to sit down.  I have something to tell you about you.

Or, if you have a cardboard box fetish, never mind.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 03, 2017, 09:01:52 pm
You may want to sit down.  I have something to tell you about you.

Or, if you have a cardboard box fetish, never mind.

Cardboard box?

Jackrabbit Hog

hawgon

I'm betting that she would have been a great college softball player.

HognitiveDissonance

Yep, that's pretty much it.
If he had shot 71, he'd still be playing. Simple as that.
He's not the only guy to WD after poor rounds, though.
Then there's Daly who mails it in...while still playing...sometimes. Took an 18 on a hole, once.

But no, I don't believe Tiger most of the time when it comes to these injuries. It's *mostly* poor play.

It's too bad because when any golfer WDs these days I just automatically assume they're faking it. Sometimes it's real. But it happens so much it's hard to take it serious.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 04, 2017, 12:05:15 pm
Yep, that's pretty much it.
If he had shot 71, he'd still be playing. Simple as that.
He's not the only guy to WD after poor rounds, though.
Then there's Daly who mails it in...while still playing...sometimes. Took an 18 on a hole, once.

But no, I don't believe Tiger most of the time when it comes to these injuries. It's *mostly* poor play.

It's too bad because when any golfer WDs these days I just automatically assume they're faking it. Sometimes it's real. But it happens so much it's hard to take it serious.
Daly doesn't get appearance fee money. If he does it has to be in the four figures. Why do you think he's outside the golf courses he plays hawking his pants and shirts ?  Now Tiger in his best of times would get 7 some time 8 figures (not counting the decimals at the end of the check) just to show up. One imagines he chose to play in Dubai because the Arabs doled out 7 figures to get him there. Tiger shows up and must play a full day and part of the second (if injured) to get his appearance fee money. So that's exactly what he did....Eldrick shot +5 on the first day and WD's on the first hole on the second day. This is just a guess, but I would imagine that Woods won't be getting any more appearance fees in the Middle East to play golf, especially of the million dollar + type of fee.

Secondly, Woods was hitting one or two more irons than Jason Day and Dustin Johnson on the par 3's last weekend. This has to be tearing him apart. Woods was always the alpha dog on distance of each club he hit. He's now finding out what it was like to be Rocco Mediate and Bob May when Woods was in his hay day. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 07, 2017, 01:03:38 am
Daly doesn't get appearance fee money. If he does it has to be in the four figures. Why do you think he's outside the golf courses he plays hawking his pants and shirts ?  Now Tiger in his best of times would get 7 some time 8 figures (not counting the decimals at the end of the check) just to show up. One imagines he chose to play in Dubai because the Arabs doled out 7 figures to get him there. Tiger shows up and must play a full day and part of the second (if injured) to get his appearance fee money. So that's exactly what he did....Eldrick shot +5 on the first day and WD's on the first hole on the second day. This is just a guess, but I would imagine that Woods won't be getting any more appearance fees in the Middle East to play golf, especially of the million dollar + type of fee.

Secondly, Woods was hitting one or two more irons than Jason Day and Dustin Johnson on the par 3's last weekend. This has to be tearing him apart. Woods was always the alpha dog on distance of each club he hit. He's now finding out what it was like to be Rocco Mediate and Bob May when Woods was in his hay day. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

The report is that he got $2M for the Dubai appearance.  Which just goes to show those wacky Arabs still like to spend money on things like fur-lined jets.

Hawgndaaz

I see your fur lined airplane and raise you 80 tickets purchased to transport hawks

article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/saudi-prince-buys-plane-tickets-for-80-hawks/

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2017, 08:43:39 am
I see your fur lined airplane and raise you 80 tickets purchased to transport hawks

article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/saudi-prince-buys-plane-tickets-for-80-hawks/

I rest my case.  And so next year Tiger will probably get $4M to show up and grab his back.

Jackrabbit Hog

...and in breaking news that shocked absolutely no one....Tiger has pulled out of both the Genesis (LA) Open and the Honda, citing unspecified back injury.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2017, 02:23:32 pm
...and in breaking news that shocked absolutely no one....Tiger has pulled out of both the Genesis (LA) Open and the Honda, citing unspecified back injury.

Have you ever carried $1M in gold back from Dubai?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2017, 02:30:22 pm
Have you ever carried $1M in gold back from Dubai?

$2M, but who's counting?  And I thought that's what Steinberg was for.  Or Notah.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2017, 02:54:16 pm
$2M, but who's counting?  And I thought that's what Steinberg was for.  Or Notah.

He spent $1M on hookers and blow, so he had to cut back on his entourage.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2017, 02:57:29 pm
He spent $1M on hookers and blow, so he had to cut back on his entourage.

A million bucks on hookers?  Bet it's not just his back that's sore...

EastexHawg

Tiger's back didn't cause the yips he had before hanging it up the last time.  He's finished, even moreso mentally than physically.  How odd it is that the guy who won so many tournaments because his opponents were intimidated is now scared to play golf in front of people.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 10, 2017, 03:16:50 pm
Tiger's back didn't cause the yips he had before hanging it up the last time.  He's finished, even moreso mentally than physically.  How odd it is that the guy who won so many tournaments because his opponents were intimidated is now scared to play golf in front of people.
its not the fans, its his opponents....even the average guys blow it by Tiger off the tee now....and when he was paired with Jason Day and Dustin Johnson, Eldrick had to hit at least one more iron and most of the time two more irons and still came up short...being the "King of the One Iron Stinger" went to his head...right now, if Woods tried to hit that 1 iron stinger as he did in the British Opens of the mid 2000's I think he'd be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life....but seriously Tiger's ego of having to hit one or two more irons on par three's than his playing partners is absolutely yanking out his heart...Tiger is now the "Corey Pavin" of the PGA tour....all Eldrick needs to do is break out this putter next time he tee's it up....     

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 11, 2017, 11:54:50 pm
its not the fans, its his opponents....even the average guys blow it by Tiger off the tee now....and when he was paired with Jason Day and Dustin Johnson, Eldrick had to hit at least one more iron and most of the time two more irons and still came up short...being the "King of the One Iron Stinger" went to his head...right now, if Woods tried to hit that 1 iron stinger as he did in the British Opens of the mid 2000's I think he'd be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life....but seriously Tiger's ego of having to hit one or two more irons on par three's than his playing partners is absolutely yanking out his heart...Tiger is now the "Corey Pavin" of the PGA tour....all Eldrick needs to do is break out this putter next time he tee's it up....   
I'll take that to mean you're picking eldrick to win the 2017 US Open. Interesting choice. I'm going with Garrigus, personally.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 12, 2017, 08:31:56 am
Clearly, you are the love child of J'Rabb and ??????

Laura Davies.

Or maybe it was Brian Dennehy.  I was pretty drunk that night.

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 12, 2017, 01:57:18 pm
Laura Davies.

Or maybe it was Brian Dennehy.  I was pretty drunk that night.
Did Dennehy take you to his COCOON ?

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 14, 2017, 07:04:07 pm
May Madeline Albright fulfill your every need and desire.

Dry version.

Seems more like the Janet Yellen type.

ricepig