Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule Predictions

Started by -Blu, September 04, 2013, 07:00:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on September 17, 2013, 02:47:45 pm
That is very surprising.  Those predictions aren't bad. You must be in a good mood today or something.

I can smell the season coming. That's when I'm my most optimistic. We lost some major talent but they were also of the knuckle-head variety in a number of areas. We have a great frontcourt and 3 high rated HS prospects in our backcourt that need to live up their billing. Time to start winning away from home. Needs to start this year.

I was only a game behind you anyway. The Cal and @ A&M games were also close for me.

-Blu

I agree, If we get any kind of consistency from the guard positions we're going to be a good team.  And I think it will happen this year, especially since we won't have to depend on 3 guard lineups.  There's no more excuses for our guards to struggle, Madden has been in the system now for 2 years, Scott and Wade 3, and Bell and Wagner should be a lot better this year as well.  And I strongly believe even worse case scenario if these guys don't give us what we need, our front court is strong enough this year, even if we have to put Kikko and Gulley in, we should still be good enough to make the tourney. This is the most excited I've been about Razorback BBall since Pelphrey's first year when we had that senior stacked class.

Adam Stokes

Non-Conference 11-2

I think it is likely we go 1-2 at Maui, and there is also the possibility that we drop either of the Clemson/SMU games, so I think 11-2 is about right.  10-3 or 12-1 doesn't sound surprising either.

Conference 11-7

I see us going either 8-1 or 7-2 at home, and probably 3-6 or 4-5 on the road.  Again, a game over or under wouldn't be too surprising to me.  (If we go undefeated at home in conference this year we will be in the tournament for sure, unlike last year.)

So altogether I have us going 22-9 which will have us right on the bubble, probably just missing the tournament.  Best case scenario 24-7, worst case we still get 20 wins at 20-11.

-Blu

Quote from: Adam Stokes on September 17, 2013, 03:03:34 pm
Non-Conference 11-2

I think it is likely we go 1-2 at Maui, and there is also the possibility that we drop either of the Clemson/SMU games, so I think 11-2 is about right.  10-3 or 12-1 doesn't sound surprising either.

Conference 11-7

I see us going either 8-1 or 7-2 at home, and probably 3-6 or 4-5 on the road.  Again, a game over or under wouldn't be too surprising to me.  (If we go undefeated at home in conference this year we will be in the tournament for sure, unlike last year.)

So altogether I have us going 22-9 which will have us right on the bubble, probably just missing the tournament.  Best case scenario 24-7, worst case we still get 20 wins at 20-11.

Very similar thoughts as me.  If we go undefeated or only have 1 loss at home, I think we're a tournament team for sure.  I think it will be VERY tough for us to win all 5 of the big home games we have (Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Alabama, Missouri), I feel it's a toss up and we'll win 3 out of 5 of those and finish with 2 home losses, which wouldn't be bad at all.  I think a 22-9 regular season record would have us right on the bubble at the last 4 in, and at least 1 win in SEC tournament would put us in for sure.  If we do 23 or 24 wins in the regular season we're a lock IMO.

Hawg Red

Can't see us losing to Clemson. SMU, maybe. Definitely not Clemson.

GuvHog

Quote from: -Blu on September 17, 2013, 03:01:38 pm
I agree, If we get any kind of consistency from the guard positions we're going to be a good team.  And I think it will happen this year, especially since we won't have to depend on 3 guard lineups.  There's no more excuses for our guards to struggle, Madden has been in the system now for 2 years, Scott and Wade 3, and Bell and Wagner should be a lot better this year as well.  And I strongly believe even worse case scenario if these guys don't give us what we need, our front court is strong enough this year, even if we have to put Kikko and Gulley in, we should still be good enough to make the tourney. This is the most excited I've been about Razorback BBall since Pelphrey's first year when we had that senior stacked class.

As I said before, if one of the guards steps up BIG at the Point it will be a really good year but if not it will be a long year. Having big time talent on the front line will do no good if the Hogs don't have a solid PG to get them the ball.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

-Blu

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 17, 2013, 08:59:34 pm
As I said before, if one of the guards steps up BIG at the Point it will be a really good year but if not it will be a long year. Having big time talent on the front line will do no good if the Hogs don't have a solid PG to get them the ball.

You guys think there's any chance CMA starts Gulley or Scott at the PG position to start the year?  For some reason I have a weird feeling the starting lineup won't look anything like a lot of us think it will, at least to begin the season.

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on September 17, 2013, 03:01:38 pm
Not to disagree but Madden, Scott, and Wade have all been under CMAs system the same amount of time.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on September 17, 2013, 11:18:36 pm
Not to disagree but Madden, Scott, and Wade have all been under CMAs system the same amount of time.

Oh yea, your right.  Keep forgetting Pelphrey was here Scott and Wade's first year.