Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLDS: Cardinals defeat Dodgers 3-1

Started by popcornhog, October 03, 2014, 05:43:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dacskc

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 07, 2014, 07:20:06 pm
Well the Cardinals managed to sneak by the Dodgers, they won't be so fortunate against the National/Giants. I'd prefer the Nationals.

+1 for the avatar lol

pigture perfect

I can't think of anything negative to say about Matheny's management of this series. Kudo's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TheGreatHogsby

I would rather face the Giants. We owe Payback to them for the 2012 NLCS. Go Cards

dacskc

We do have home field against the Giants; however, they're the team that we can't seem to beat in the post-season.

PonderinHog

Zero errors against the Dodgers.  Take that, Fagan!

clutch

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 07, 2014, 07:41:11 pm
I would rather face the Giants. We owe Payback to them for the 2012 NLCS. Go Cards

It's an even year though, apparently they win WS titles on even years. They miss the postseason on odd years.

jrulz83

I want the Nationals, Pete Kozma and Daniel Descalso are their kryptonite! Well, you have to be super to have a kryptonite, so maybe they're the Nationals nightmare. Well, you have to dream to have a nightmare. The Nationals don't like them very much!

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

dacskc

The Nats are the ONLY team in post-season that we have a winning record against. (5-2)

Giants 3-4
Royals 1-3
Orioles 1-2

clutch

Have to win 8 more games regardless. I don't care who they come against. I'd like a little revenge on the Giants though since we gave them a series a couple years ago.

mhuff

Have to play ignorant. What is the series format with Giants? Thanks

jrulz83

Quote from: mhuff on October 09, 2014, 03:36:31 pm
Have to play ignorant. What is the series format with Giants? Thanks

2 in STL, 3 in Sf, 2 in STL
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

mhuff

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 09, 2014, 03:39:37 pm
2 in STL, 3 in Sf, 2 in STL

I was not sure about the 3 in SF..... appreciate it.

opineonswine

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 07, 2014, 07:41:11 pm

OOOPS.

G
O

G
I
A
N
T
S

clutch

Quote from: opineonswine on October 17, 2014, 08:29:16 am
OOOPS.

G
O

G
I
A
N
T
S

Congrats to the Giants.

P.S., next time come around and talk a little smack before you know the final outcome of the series.

popcornhog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 17, 2014, 08:29:16 am
OOOPS.

G
O

G
I
A
N
T
S

Where have you been the whole series?

Congrats on a gritty series victory and good luck against the Royals.

So many things hurt about the way we lost this series, but y'all deserve it. Great series, great organization, great manager.
WPS