Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What areas in the state do you think are the hotspots for recruiting?

Started by Ben, February 28, 2017, 05:08:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

What parts in the state do you think is the most vital to the razorbacks when it comes to instate recruiting?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawgar The Horrible

Smallest State west of the Mississippi River and someone wants to divide it up?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Right now, per capita, it's Ashdown (Brown, Bishop, Bishop, Green, Hill) and it's not even close.

Pork Ranger

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on February 28, 2017, 06:36:56 pm
Smallest State west of the Mississippi River and someone wants to divide it up?

Geographically and continentally speaking a case could be made for Louisiana since the majority of it is west of the Mississippi River but the actual smallest state west of the Mississippi River is Hawaii. Louisiana does have a larger population than Arkansas though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Arthur pigby sellers.

No hotbeds in Arkansas. Talent is sporadic and limited. You could make the case for Fayetteville as we seem to take a player from there most years.

factchecker

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 28, 2017, 06:47:34 pm
Right now, per capita, it's Ashdown (Brown, Bishop, Bishop, Green, Hill) and it's not even close.

I agree.  I would add that Warren has produced a ton of talent over the years.

Joe T. Robinson is doing a great job as well (1 current and 2 future Hogs).  Here is the Senator's signing day video from this year:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Pine Bluff/Star City area. Strong hotbed, unfortunately many of the athletes don't meet the academic/character requirements
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 01, 2017, 09:31:37 am
Pine Bluff/Star City area. Strong hotbed, unfortunately many of the athletes don't meet the academic/character requirements
Star City has one player now, the first in years. Cedrick Thornton is from SC . Comparatively speaking I know of no character issues there.
The old 8-A district has done very well. Monticello,Dumas, Hamburg,McGehee, Lake Village, Fordyce, Warren, White Hall, Dollarway,Watson Chapel, Star City, Dermont
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

redleg

Northwest, southwest, south central.
Central Arkansas outside of the Little Rock school district.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

zebradynasty

The words "hotbed recruiting area" and "Arkansas" should seldom if ever be used in the same sentence. With less than 10 legitimate D-1 players per year in the entire state we get in where we fit in! That being said it would be great if Central Arkansas public schools would return to producing good quality football players in numbers.

RazorPiggie

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 01, 2017, 10:57:40 am
VB. We continue to send kids places. Lol.

What's volleyball got to do with recruiting, never mind, we found out in 2012.....