Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which former Hog does this kid remind you of?

Started by Richard Davenport, February 08, 2017, 12:47:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

Wow!   Love those highlights.  Nose for the ball and delivers punishment.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

sickboy

Dude... that kid hammers. And he's 6'4 and plays dual positions. He's a Steve Atwater clone.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: sickboy on February 08, 2017, 01:06:45 pm
Dude... that kid hammers. And he's 6'4 and plays dual positions. He's a Steve Atwater clone.

Bingo. Atwater.

Jackrabbit Hog

I don't know about All-American or All-SEC, but he's definitely first team on the All-Name team. 

Right alongside Kobe Buffalomeat.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Kevin

most of those hit will get flagged in the sec.

he is an Atwater clone
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

sowmonella

Future All America at LB. would love to get him.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

AugustaHog

He has good ball skills, good instincts, and some seriously bad intentions.  I'm tired of people trying to arm tackle and pet someone to the ground.  Even though he has terrible tackling form and takes poor shots, I at least appreciate Coley bringing it with some intensity.  This young man could add a little of the same.  I miss seeing guys get Speighted.

zebradynasty

Good closing speed and great tackler he can punish or just swallow up the runner. At 6-4 he can play multiple positions in a 3-4.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 08, 2017, 01:47:19 pm
What's his interest in the Hogs?

There's interest. Need to get him on campus.

He''ll be in Friday's column.

cpohog

I only watched the first 2 plays of the video and without a doubt STEVE ATWATER!!!!

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sickboy on February 08, 2017, 01:06:45 pm
My exact thoughts from the first hit that was highlighted. Kinda like a heat seeking missile that totally destroys the intended target. Been a LONGGGGG time since we've had one of those roaming in the secondary.

Ramboar

I dont think those highlights could ever be over shown.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

SamBuckhart

February 08, 2017, 08:20:13 pm #15 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:00:41 pm by SamBuckhart
Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 08, 2017, 03:29:33 pm
There's interest. Need to get him on campus.

He''ll be in Friday's column.
Would love to see him be a HOG. Steve Atwater.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaHog66

Yes please. We'll take two.  Identical twin by chance?

HardingHog

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Would be a great red zone target as well..  Could def see him playing some both ways. 

biglewhog77

biglewhog77

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 08, 2017, 04:41:50 pm
Hits hard, makes acrobatic interceptions, looks a lot like Tremain Thomas.

Thomas not in the same sentence withthis kid more like Kennedy Hamlin and Atwater please don't disrespect that like that no more......We trying to get him to come to Arkansas :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

HardingHog

This guy's recruitment has absolutely blown up. He's been offered by every major program it seems. I saw a tweet earlier today that said he's now the most offered player in east Texas, so if we want this kid we're gonna have to beat out the biggest names in football (Bama, Clemson, FSU, etc)

jgphillips3

That kid does look like the second coming of the smiling assasin.  Good ball skills too.  Great height to defend today's taller receivers.

pigture perfect

You can't get him without offering him. Since we've done that, let's try hard, hope for the best and pray.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bennyl08

Quote from: biglewhog77 on February 14, 2017, 12:20:40 am
Thomas not in the same sentence withthis kid more like Kennedy Hamlin and Atwater please don't disrespect that like that no more......We trying to get him to come to Arkansas :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Smiley faces suggest you are joking at least somewhat.

However, check out the razorback's record book with interceptions. Check out Thomas's pro-day numbers and compare them top athletes like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Earl Thomas, and Greg Childs. His 3-cone doesn't hold up, but that's it. Elite athlete that had top notch production while here. However, people only remember his senior season where shoulder injuries got him benched.

Thomas had injuries derail the tail end of his career here, but he is a criminally underrated razorback.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 14, 2017, 01:37:54 pm
Smiley faces suggest you are joking at least somewhat.

However, check out the razorback's record book with interceptions. Check out Thomas's pro-day numbers and compare them top athletes like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Earl Thomas, and Greg Childs. His 3-cone doesn't hold up, but that's it. Elite athlete that had top notch production while here. However, people only remember his senior season where shoulder injuries got him benched.

Thomas had injuries derail the tail end of his career here, but he is a criminally underrated razorback.
1000000000000% I met his mother at the Cotton Bowl, and I just couldn't help but grovel, and tell her God Blessed us with a great player, my absolute favorite player while he was here. Very under-valued by this fan base. Made our defense good, not as much when he wasn't on the field and 100%.  Absolutely reminded me of the good times with Atwater and Hamlin.

bennyl08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 14, 2017, 03:05:39 pm
1000000000000% I met his mother at the Cotton Bowl, and I just couldn't help but grovel, and tell her God Blessed us with a great player, my absolute favorite player while he was here. Very under-valued by this fan base. Made our defense good, not as much when he wasn't on the field and 100%.  Absolutely reminded me of the good times with Atwater and Hamlin.

I think it was because the fan base was so focused on the offensive side of the ball under Petrino that they didn't pay as much attention to the defensive players. Think people would be surprised how many players under Petrino found their way to regular season rosters in the NFL on defense.