Louisiana 13
Tenn.       11
Alabama  8
So. Car   5
MS         4
MO         4
Kentucky 2
Arkansas  2

Unbelievable stats. These are just SEC States. California has 34.
Thoughts?

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Bubba's Bruisers

It's why the SEC has been king for so long.  Resides in the most fertile recruiting ground.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Thoughts........Alabama will get about 20 of them.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sowmonella on February 04, 2017, 10:36:18 am
24/7 2018 4 Star and above by state:

Florida 51
Texas   45
Georgia 27
Louisiana 13
Tenn.       11
Alabama  8
So. Car   5
MS         4
MO         4
Kentucky 2
Arkansas  2

Thoughts?

Just wait till OU comes offering a couple kids late in the recruiting process adn our 4 stars will double

trphog

If we could perennially pull three to four 4*s from both Texas and Florida, one or two from Louisiana, one from either Georgia, Missouri, or Tennessee and sweep Arkansas we would consistently pull in 10 or more 4*s per class. It's not an exact science sure, but we would consistently become more competitive and be around the top 10 in recruiting every year. That is the magic number for winning a championship.

aar0n

That's 172 four stars and above in just the SEC states, as of right now.  Each signing day, roughly 350 recruits sign with an SEC team, about twice that amount. 

Then you have to factor in other conference teams recruiting the area, other non-SEC teams in the same states (particularly TX and FL), and the fact that the top 4-6 teams in the SEC sign over their half-share of 4 stars and above, and that 172 recruits doesn't seem like nearly enough to go around.  Every signing period is just another case of the "rich get richer" while the non-powers continue to fight for the scraps, and yet there's plenty of parity in college football.

I think this can be attributed to a few things, one being that star rankings aren't the end-all-be-all when determining the winners and losers.  It also shows that some teams live above their star rankings while others under perform (i.e. UGA and FL), which can be attributed to coaching and development.  Looking at star rankings is usually a good determination of rough talent but that's about it.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2017, 11:01:01 am
Thoughts........Alabama will get about 20 of them.

And the top players from New Jersey, New York, Indiana, etc.

I wish we'd hit Texas harder. But I'm thrilled with who we got this year. Few...but good.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawghiggs

Two thoughts

1st, We should never lose to Mizzou

2nd, We should recruit the state of Missouri harder.

presidenthog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 04, 2017, 06:23:44 pm
Two thoughts

Possibly fire mike, but that is neither here nor there.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on February 04, 2017, 08:33:54 pm
Possibly fire mike, but that is neither here nor there.
I think he'll fire Jimmy, much cheaper.

elviscat

Simple, you assign coaches for the top number states with the most recruits and they spent six months a year their and they start building relationships with the high school coaches. Then we will start getting quality kids. Once we start winning and the rings go on their hands the rest is history. That's why Bama gets so many 4/5 star athletes. Tradition is what is working on their side. We don't have it.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 04, 2017, 06:23:44 pm
Two thoughts

No we shouldn't. They don't produce much more than Arkansas does on a yearly basis.

sickboy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 14, 2017, 05:24:19 pm
No we shouldn't. They don't produce much more than Arkansas does on a yearly basis.

Look out. You don't wanna get higgs going on recruiting Missouri and Kansas.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: sickboy on February 14, 2017, 06:28:15 pm
Look out. You don't wanna get higgs going on recruiting Missouri and Kansas.

Plenty of facts to back it up.

holeinthewall

State of Florida has 4 5 stars two already committed. 1 to Miami and 1 to FSU.   Both should stick.
46 4 stars    11 arte committed already

Miami  3
LSU     1
Clemson 1
Louisville  1
FSU 2
Auburn 1
Bama 1
Ohio St 1

Surtain looks LSU bound as the #1 player
Blades at #17 is a Can legacy and a lock for them.
Pope at #27  is all Cane as well

The IMG kids are the interesting ones as most came from out of state to play there for a year and leave again for college.  11 of the top 50in Florida are at IMG.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: sowmonella on February 04, 2017, 10:36:18 am
24/7 2018 4 Star and above by state:

Florida 51
Texas   45
Georgia 27
Louisiana 13
Tenn.       11
Alabama  8
So. Car   5
MS         4
MO         4
Kentucky 2
Arkansas  2

Thoughts?
Do you know how many of those Florida blue chippers are at IMG?