Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well At Least This Year We Avoided Most Of The Last Minute Drama

Started by Vantage 8 dude, February 02, 2017, 10:32:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Thankfully this year we were able to avoid most of the negative drama we experienced last NSD when we had several last minute defections (primarily to Florida). While it may not make for quite as a compelling/suspenseful signing date all around, I think most would agree that it's certainly preferable to agonizing over whether or not we were going to keep several of our more highly ranked recruits. Fortunately we held onto our kids (with exception of Troy James switching to OU several days ago). The obvious very nice exception was formally nailing down Mr. Calloway and hopefully getting a wider crack into Texas in coming years.

All-in-all I was certainly far less apprehensive and nervous this time around. Hope this establishes a positive pattern for the classes ahead.

JIHawg

Agree. What is the deal with Florida making midnight raids the day before signing day when recruiting is suppose to be done?  Can Birlema turn them in to the NCAA?

ricepig

Quote from: JIHawg on February 02, 2017, 12:56:27 pm
Agree. What is the deal with Florida making midnight raids the day before signing day when recruiting is suppose to be done?  Can Birlema turn them in to the NCAA?

You can recruit on NSD, just not face to face.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 02, 2017, 01:19:46 pm
Made it that much sweeter to beat them on the field! Hope Putu, Cleveland and Zuniga enjoyed that L  :razorback:
Goolsby too

theshiva

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 02, 2017, 01:19:46 pm
Made it that much sweeter to beat them on the field! Hope Putu, Cleveland and Zuniga enjoyed that L  :razorback:

Zuniga was/is such a beast tho. That one hurt the most IMO. One of the best high school tapes I've seen.

The Hawg Marshal

We had more drama than we realized. Calloway wasn't a definite and The Swamp Donkey tried to poach another player from us. If both of those things go the other way it would have caused a major meltdown. Luckily neither happened.

Vantage 8 dude

February 02, 2017, 06:07:52 pm #6 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:59:21 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 02, 2017, 05:10:58 pm
We had more drama than we realized. Calloway wasn't a definite and The Swamp Donkey tried to poach another player from us. If both of those things go the other way it would have caused a major meltdown. Luckily neither happened.
I never said that Calloway was a definite. That's why it was the one major area of question we had before NSD. Not sure about what real chance the gutters had trying to grab another one of our commits. That being said, overall it was fairly quiet on the (north)western front.

DeltaBoy

Yes and no ones momma stole their sons NLT to keep them from coming to Ark.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

I want to believe our staff may have rubbed it in and massaged it a bit better this year than in years past.  I am telling you, this is BBs year to actually go do what he as always known how to do but didn't make the effort to do.  Now, Sunshiners, piss and moan, but I bet you I am right.  LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT can never be undersold.  I think we ended up with a couple of extra sacks of it over the past 2 months.  Hope it keeps going.