Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well...the Yahoo head-to-head league....

Started by WindyCityHog, March 30, 2005, 10:22:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

....got frigged tonight.  A manager quit at the last moment...leaving the rest of us with our dix in the dirt....Yahoo doesn't allow a live draft with an odd number of managers....had to reschedule the draft for tomorrow night...which is BS....because this live draft has been set for a month.   I try to be a nice guy....and look where it gets me. 

Brett Hitman Hog

He's an ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

WindyCityHog

LOL.....I'm cooling down....but the entire league deserves an apology.....

Brett Hitman Hog

El Dog Hog

My bad, Im at work, trying to do the draft, and I show up at 8:50 and theres no draft room for me to enter. Yahoo [CENSORED] up is bush league, I didnt want to pay for something I wasnt going to enjoy. I'll sign up and play and stuff if you want me to, but I hate auto drafting, and thats what it looked like was going to happen. I even called a friend to get him to log onto my ID and see what was going on, and he said it was doing the same thing and it looked like it was going to be an auto draft. I didnt want to be stuck with MY dick in the dirt b/c someone had mis-managed the league, and messed up.

Brett Hitman Hog

The league wasn't mismanaged ... someone dropped out just before you guys were set to draft ... leaving an odd number of teams ... that's why it showed autodraft.  From what it looks like it wasn't you ... but I don't see how you were out any money.  Windy put up the cash and someone else screwed him and the rest of the league.  His only request that we all play out the season if we signed up.

razormatt

WindyCityHog

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 30, 2005, 11:50:07 pm
My bad, Im at work, trying to do the draft, and I show up at 8:50 and theres no draft room for me to enter. Yahoo farging up is bush league, I didnt want to pay for something I wasnt going to enjoy. I'll sign up and play and stuff if you want me to, but I hate auto drafting, and thats what it looked like was going to happen. I even called a friend to get him to log onto my ID and see what was going on, and he said it was doing the same thing and it looked like it was going to be an auto draft. I didnt want to be stuck with MY deeeeck in the dirt b/c someone had mis-managed the league, and messed up.

El Dog.....you're this close to really ticking me off.  I paid for the league....and I NEVER asked for money from anyone.....and to say it was "mismanaged"....Are you trying to insult me?  It's almost funny.....your spin on the events....BS. 

Please enlighten us as to when you were ever asked to pay for anything?  Please....It never happened.  You and the guy (who started this whole mess).....I guess this is what I get for being a nice guy.

El Dog Hog

You asked us to send you $20 in both leagues if we wanted to, plus some money for prizes. The leauge got "mismanged' whenever the league got put on auto draft. However you spin it, thats not my fault. It was like that when I showed up to draft. Im not saying thats your fualt, im just saying someone [CENSORED] up. The way it looked to me, it was gonna be an auto draft. I didnt sign up for that. I know it says not to quit in the thread about the league, but it also says it would be a live drat. And the draft did not appear to be looking very live last night at 9:00 when the draft was suppose to start. If you wait to long, with your draft status on ready,then you get picks made for you. I know, Ive seen it happen. Plus with the whole fiasco from the MLB draft, I ddnt want 2 sorry ass teams against such stellar compitetion. 

WindyCityHog

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 31, 2005, 01:44:24 pm
You asked us to send you $20 in both leagues if we wanted to, plus some money for prizes. The leauge got "mismanged' whenever the league got put on auto draft. However you spin it, thats not my fault. It was like that when I showed up to draft. Im not saying thats your fualt, im just saying someone fricked up. The way it looked to me, it was gonna be an auto draft. I didnt sign up for that. I know it says not to quit in the thread about the league, but it also says it would be a live drat. And the draft did not appear to be looking very live last night at 9:00 when the draft was suppose to start. If you wait to long, with your draft status on ready,then you get picks made for you. I know, Ive seen it happen. Plus with the whole fiasco from the MLB draft, I ddnt want 2 sorry ass teams against such stellar compitetion.

The cash request was for the Roti league (which I also footed the bill).....I NEVER asked anything for the Yahoo league.....and I never even hinted that last night's fiasco was your fault....That lies squarely with another.

The league was set at 14 managers as of 5 p.m. yesterday.....I logged on at about 8:40 and discovered a manager had up and quit....without any notice....thereby throwing the league in disarray.  I can't control that.....I did manage to reset the league draft for tonight, thus avoiding the auto-draft for the league.  You quit too soon......and didn't give me the benefit of the doubt.

I understand your thinking.....I detest autodrafts too.....but everyone else stayed.....

FWIW....I'm not ticked at you....I don't agree with what you did....but I understand it.....and please don't insinuate I demanded any money for participation in this league.....That's BS.

Brett Hitman Hog

Windy never asked for cash ... There was discussion between those of us in the league to set up a fund for the winners, but if I'm not mistaken that wasn't his initial idea anyway.  Even if it was that wasn't to pay for the league.  Many of us wanted to do this ... he kindly stepped up to the plate for it to happen and he gets this slap in the face.  We could have easily set up a free yahoo league, but he wanted one better.  Unless he shackles the managers to keep their teams in place he had no say in that ... He fixed the problem as best he could ... El Hog too bad you didn't feel like seeing what was happening before you jumped to conclusions and went home crying.  You surely weren't the bad guy in this, but you aren't coming out smelling like roses with your comments.

Porkahontas

Like I told Windy and I'll tell the rest of you guys, if ya'll are in a desperate pinch for one more manager, I can jump back in and do the draft tonight if the number of teams are uneven and there's nobody else to fill in. Even if I don't get a chance to do the league 100% effectively, I could probably still be pretty darn tough in there.

Someone holler if you need an extra man. I couldn't have done the draft last night under any circumstances but I'd have a much better chance tonight to get in and do some damage if needs be.

WindyCityHog

We have 12....for now.  Thanks Pork....Maybe you should PM me your telephone number just in case.... ;)

jayhog

Windy never asked for money El Do.  In the roti league on MLB.com, the commish, Oklahawg, said something about pitching in some money.  Windy then responded not to worry about it.  So you are wrong.  As for the Yahoo league, he never asked anyone for anything.  You jumped ship to soon.  He took care of everything that wasn't his fault.

El Dog Hog

He didnt ask for it, but I was going to send it to him for prize money, a little back in his pocket, etc.

I can say Im sorry for the feelings I have cuased you and for the anger it caused you, but at the same time I had to do what was best for me, and at the end of the day, me quitting was best anwyays, b/c now you haven even managers.

I apprecaite your willingness to provide for events such as this, and you do a terrifc job at it.

WindyCityHog

Thanks El Dog....you did quit too soon....and FWIW....you weren't the cause of the problem...that lies squarely with another.  I have no hard feelings with you.....Kudos for being a man.  Now, the other?  I'm still waiting on an apology....

El Dog Hog

ha, good deal on the hard feelings. Sorry for messing up your league and the drafting. I also apprecaite you looking at both sides of the story, instead of being hard headed and only looking at yours. That makes it alot easier to appoilgize and also to mean it. Good luck with the league.

msudawgs64

All I know is that with the draft being pushed a day it had to have gotten me rearranged to the top spot and to get Pujols.. LOL.. just kidding guys..Windy, I do appreciate your efforts in this league, I am in 5 leagues and everyone of them will get tweaked everyday, except for one which was set up head to head but can only change every Monday, I hate that darn, now that one I should have dumped, hell I did not even know that until after the draft, totally unrealistic baseball at its finest.  That is like turning in a lineup on Monday for the weeks games, total bull.  This one I can already see will be a pretty fun league.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Oklahawg

Windy, does some of the frustration have anything to do with the imperfections of our MLB.com draft?

Does anyone know about the possibility of have someone log-in with 2 teams, essentially drafting honestly, but drafting a dummy team for someone to pick up later?

--JON
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 01, 2005, 01:44:04 am
Windy, does some of the frustration have anything to do with the imperfections of our MLB.com draft?

Does anyone know about the possibility of have someone log-in with 2 teams, essentially drafting honestly, but drafting a dummy team for someone to pick up later?

--JON

That could explain "mossfan's" atrocious draft.

mossfan3

My draft did suck but that had something to do with me not being there.  I planned on attending so I put some guys up pretty high in my pre rankings so I could find them in the later rounds.  But since I wasn't there those guys got picked up for me.  No big deal, I will do the best I can with it.  I think last night's team came out decent.

razormatt

mossfan3

Thank you, I new I could count on a Cardinals fan.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 01, 2005, 01:44:04 am

--JON

Some....The frustration from the MLB site....and then getting the head-to-head draft cancelled at the last moment.....Yeah....I wasn't happy.....and I have made amends with the other party.  I think both leagues are going to be fun and competitve....

Now....I vote for collusion against Matt....who's joining me ;)

razormatt

you'll need somebody to join you.

Cause alone, your ass is going flat down.

WindyCityHog

Smack talk already starting......My draft in this league wasn't as strong as I had hoped.  There were 6 instances last night where I had a player lined up, only to have someone 2 or 3 spots ahead of me taking that player.....

....but I'll take my chances......and Matt, I'm going to win your league....Bank it...

BTW....I got your e-mail....I'll get back to that later (after I get off work).....Your team is solid.....but I got BJ Ryan ;)

Brett Hitman Hog

April 01, 2005, 09:31:31 pm #26 Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 09:37:12 pm by Brett Hitman Hog
I don't know what collusion is ... but I'm pretty sure I don't swing on that vine.  But ... The sad thing about this head to head thing is ... I'm going to beat the snot out of everyone of you.  Why is that sad?  Well because I was stuck at work and had to auto draft, while the rest of you used a lot of brain power on your teams.  Meaning I'll be the winner with the least amount of work.  Hahahahahaha...

Porkahontas

You guys keep fighting about winning that head-to-head league because I'm about to start knocking the snot out of you guys in the MLB league in about 48 hours.  8)

And not knowing what "collusion" is but not wanting to swing on that vine? For some reason, I busted out in laughter when I read this.

Brett Hitman Hog

As George Constanza would say .. Thank you and good night everybody.