Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Pleasant

Started by beansandtaters, January 09, 2008, 05:19:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beansandtaters

According to Rivals, this 4 star CB from Hargrave Military Academy wants an offer from the SEC and has only received them from Toledo, Coastal Carolina, and Akron. We should be on him like white on rice.

profile - http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=71518&sport=1

geddie

hawgsav1

Quote from: geddie on January 09, 2008, 05:22:34 pm
One would hope so.  I wonder if academics are an issue?

usually that gets reflected in the stars and recruit ranking.  For example, Terrance Joyner of this year's basketball class would have been rated much higher had it not been his bad academic scores
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

beansandtaters

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 09, 2008, 05:27:42 pm
usually that gets reflected in the stars and recruit ranking.  For example, Terrance Joyner of this year's basketball class would have been rated much higher had it not been his bad academic scores

It does seem that there's something strange there though if he's a 4 star and has very lackluster offers. Maybe behavioral problems....or maybe he's just one of those guys who has slipped through the cracks.

VenturaHog

He is small, maybe that's it? Trust me, grades are usually not an issue at Hargrave, my little bro went there and they pretty much force you to do your Homework.

The Realist

Yeah something is off with this kid though.  Your not a 4 star recruit with hardly ANY offers.  really weird to me
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

VenturaHog

Quote from: The Realist on January 09, 2008, 06:12:49 pm
Yeah something is off with this kid though.  Your not a 4 star recruit with hardly ANY offers.  really weird to me

If something was really "up" with him then rivals would have bumped him down to a 3 star by now. Perhaps he really impressed towards the end of the year and jumped up in the ratings significantly?

hawgsav1

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 09, 2008, 06:16:07 pm
If something was really "up" with him then rivals would have bumped him down to a 3 star by now. Perhaps he really impressed towards the end of the year and jumped up in the ratings significantly?

What are the other services (Scout, ESPN) rating him? 

imisswarrenlinn

Scout has him as a 3 star. ESPN does not have him listed. Who Knows?????
Prettiest little girl ever I saw, stood on the banks of the Arkansas. Her eyes were wild and her stare was mean. She's the prettiest d@mn girl ever I seen.

Hogs12

I know it is somewhat strange that he is a **** recruit but not high level offers. I think if the coaching staff offers him a scholarship, I think they would be able to handle the guy.

hawgsav1

Quote from: imisswarrenlinn on January 09, 2008, 08:13:13 pm
Scout has him as a 3 star. ESPN does not have him listed. Who Knows?????

Thanks +1